Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Lichking, Jan 8, 2014.

1. aokman

aokman Member

I dont understand why they didnt release it for oculus after the demo they did, surely the rest of the game follows the same principle?

2. dogthinker

dogthinker Member

40 bucks from GMG with the 20% code they spammed out a few days ago: ICUTNS-5Q9ETQ-INTQUQ

3. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Wrong code: VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM

4. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

while being a part of a franchise that is a cult classic, the game genre is definitely a niche market. the game wont appeal to everyone thats for sure, its just not that type of game.

but if thats youre draw...man they nailed that through and through haha. im about to jump back in now and see how long i last. wish me luck.

5. dogthinker

dogthinker Member

Ahh, whoops, looks like I posted a 'personal' code with a larger discount. :lol: Thanks for catching that. If anyone wants to try the code I posted, it's good for 23% off instead of 20%, but it might only work for me. At time of writing it's still valid, unused.

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Had my first encounter with the xenomorph and I don't think I want to play anymore cos it might scare me LOL

7. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Had my first run in with worker joes... they're some creepy as shit androids!

8. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

When you die do you have to do a large portion of the game, or does it have auto-saves pretty regularly?

9. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

I think auto saves only at the start/end of missions. There's plenty of manual save points, which you'd be well served to take advantage of. They emit a noise which you can follow in order to find them and show up on maps as well i think... after getting through a tough bit it will quickly become a frantic priority to find one.

I got a bit carried away in it all at one stage and forgot to use them, ended up replaying ~10mins or so.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the save point sound they emit is kinda puts me on edge LOL

11. aokman

aokman Member

I'm still trying to get past the first enounter with like 4 worker people, died like 5 times :lol:

12. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Distractions!

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the robots or the survivors?

fuck this game is tense even on easy!

14. aokman

aokman Member

I found the power console but I ended up getting killed while using it :lol:

15. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

if its the encounter im thinking of, which is the same one i just got past... dude run haha. i had them come after me, i ran and hid in the vent but he saw me go in. then the AI seemed to wig out, they just wouldnt move from the vent, which was also blocking the door. so i lit and threw a flare, they went to investigate, i crouched on past, heard someone yell "hey over there!" then proceeded to just flat out run.

got away, heard them say something about not following me down there, and they locked the door.

now, im kinda freaked out. theres burn marks and drool stains around here... think its almost time.

16. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

I'll use the spoiler tags lol.

Once you pick up the code hacker thingy, head up the stairs to your right (opposite where they come back in), turn left and crawl along the balcony past the lounge suites and there's another rewire port... turn on the air filtration and it dutches the area with smoke. Keep going anti clockwise... once you're through the little room then sprint for the open door, there's a moocher that hangs around there but once you're into the stairwell you're golden

17. lowdog

lowdog Member

It's harrowing on hard!

Mission 5 is killing me ffs :tongue:

18. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

had my first real encounter. they have done a bloody good job with this game i reckon, if its the kind of game you're into. freaky as hell, i cant play for long. not coz its too scary, its just so intense all the time, need a break haha.

19. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

I quarantined this game until the weekend because I have an exam tomorrow, but damn it's hurting not to play, sounds so sweeeet

20. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Y U NO1 mention the crappy console ported interface?

Took me a few random keyboard presses to find the action key when I first booted up.

"Press _____ to use the computer"

A literal fucking blank space where it's telling me how to play.

"Press _____ to move"

FFS.

Or am I derping and there actually is a keyboard settings menu that shows what all buttons do?