1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Aliens: Fireteam Elite

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by hotsuma, Sep 1, 2021.

1. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

Anyone been playing?

It looks pretty fun but im always concerned with lobby shooters like this if enough aussies play that you dont get stuck with bots

2. omen_child

omen_child Member

I took a look at this, was worried that it might be short and repetitive.

3. kbekus

kbekus Member

I got it the other day and played for about 3 hours... yes it's repetitive - it's a horde shooter after all. The Aliens theming is really great though so if you like those movies it's worth a play. Definitely better if you can get 2 mates to play with you.

It probably would be short too with only 15 missions, but they lock progress behind the need to level up, so you'll likely have to re-run a few missions along the way. There's a few RPG elements to the levelling process... you gain XP which unlocks perks, guns and gun traits.

4. sparz14

sparz14 Member

I finished the story in Standard mode in about 3 days. The game relies on you replaying missions in harder and harder difficulties. I assure you, Extreme and Insane difficulties are freaking harsh. Literally took myself and 2 mates 7 tries to finish the first mission on Extreme. Can't imagine Insane.

Sadly leveling your account to max level (20) is very easy. Also getting a class to tier 8 is fairly easy. Where the replayability comes into play is the higher difficulties and grinding for more unlocks (perks + attachments). Horde mode is fun (unlocked after you finish the game once).

The dev team promises to continue updating the game over the next year, however some basic functionality is missing from the game currently. No way to type to other players in game, no voice comms, matchmaking sucks - you need to enter very specific filters for match making (there's no quickplay). Until they fix these 3 missing features, it's freakin painful.

Overall its an enjoyable game. Im ok paying the $55 because im a mad fan of alien and predator. My expectations were very low and yet it exceeded them. Here's to hoping they bring out more content in the future releases.