All in one flea and worm treatment?

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by jtir, May 9, 2012.

1. broccoli

broccoli Member

ffs. My dog had a bitey. The one she was on before (comfortis, I think) wasn't working, the vet told me to switch to Revolution. I saw a bitey on her (she's got a short haircut so I can see things. I gave her a capstar the other day. What next? They have their medication stuff, and the biteys still jump on them. I remember before, they'd have their medication stuff and NO BITEYS. I've changed so many times and the biteys don't go away. She's got no flea dung on her (white dog, short hair, could see that if it was there). Where are the little bastards? Out in the garden? aargh.

Leave my doggie alone, you little swear words! Shakes fist!

2. Pepito

Pepito Member

Advantage for fleas seemed to stop working for my 17 y/o SWF dog, so switched to Comfortis a couple of months ago and this seems to have done the trick :thumbup:

==

3. BBITS

BBITS Member

Bravecto
    Interceptor

4. tobes

tobes Member

/Resurrecting thread

I've been using Revolution + Canex for a few years with my dogs. Bought the last round of Revolution online and it didn't include the Canex. Now I need to find an All Wormer as I can't seem to buy Canex at the moment (Out of stock every where).

What is the recommended and best bang for buck Flea + worm treatment these days?

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Worms, I don't know, but Comfortis is the gold standard when it comes to fleas. One tablet a month for 6 months and you'll get a long lasting and super effective treatment for fleas. Expensive, but there is nothing better. Makes the Dr. Harry shit look like a placebo. If you care about your pet, its the best decision you can make.

6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

We have tried comfortis in the past but it always made our dogs sick, we use nexgard spectra now - seems to work really well and they love them, they think it's the best treat ever lol

does fleas, ticks, and a variety of worms

Can normally get good pricing on them from Ebay

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I go the best all round flea and worm meds, Sentinel Spectrum.

8. AngelMoo

AngelMoo Member

For my cat I use comfortis for fleas and milbemax for worms. I was using topical flea treatment but he hated it and learnt pretty quickly what it meant when the little tube came out. Much easier to give him tablets.

Did you give it with/after food? I read some bad reviews about comfortis (ie pet dying) so checked with the vet before buying, they hadn't heard of any serious side effects beyond upset stomachs. My cat is fine with it, I hide it in his food... the only downside is the tablet size for 5-11kg

9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Yes always with food, dog got pretty good at eating around the tablet too. They really enjoy the nexgard liver treat one though so we always get that now

10. Digit

Digit Member

After my mate who's a vet recommended Nexgard Spectra we went with that, never had fleas, have found a couple of ticks, but they've been dead when we found em.

Not sure i like that the tick has to bite in order to get a dose and get killed, won't the damage be done?

mesaoz likes this.
  11. KANNIS

KANNIS Member

Both our mutts get monthly Nexguard spectra Tablets. Been using it for 1 year now and not 1 flea has jumped on their coat. Prior to using Nexguard we could not find anything that worked propertly.

mesaoz likes this.
  12. slugworth

slugworth Member

I found it really hard to find an all-in-one that covered everything.

Ended up with:
    • Proheart heart worm injection (annual)
    • endogard wormer (3 monthly)
    • Simparica for fleas / ticks (monthly)

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Nexgard does all of those

14. ssar

ssar Member

Not specifically all-in-one incl. worm treatment query (at this stage), but:

We have a newly-adopted puppy (5 months old, Border Collie X Kelpie; lovely, desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, in great healthy condition etc.) & I bought a Seresto Tick and Flea Collar (for ~$50 from memory, from local pet store @ their recommendation).

Whilst our property has no fleas, the adjacent bushland etc. certainly has ticks – so far puppy seems fine, no evidence of any fleas nor ticks during regular checks; though she does occasionally scratch herself a little around the neck.

On our previous dog I used to use frontline (monthly I think?), then later changed to Preventic collars (then similar Killtix collars), as well as some periods of Nexguard monthly chews.
    ..Which basically worked OK.

1st time using Seresto collar – do they seem quite good, to all who use them?