Alphacool in my P180

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by vien, Feb 19, 2007.

1. vien

vien Member

Here's my alphacool & radiical watercooling setup. Nothing ground breaking, just a overclocked AMD64 3200+ & Nvidia 6800GT. It runs my multimedia workstation and assembling was quite a pain (all pci expansion slots are taken up, 3 by the 9" creamware scope dsp sound cards).

here's the specs:

A64 3200+ @ 2563mhz
    nvidia 6800GT @ 420/1100mhz
    msi k8n neo platinum
    corsair 3200XL 1gig
    1x 160gig Seagate IDE
    3x 320gig Seagate SATA

alphacool complete kit - nexxus xp light cpu waterblock & nv gpu waterblock, 120mm radiator & radiical resrad (with 120mm fan in top of P180 as intake for main radiator), standard kit pump/res (600l/hr). 80mm Slot blower @ 7v, and 92mm zalman fan for the HDDs (lowest fan setting)

Overall, a pretty good and quiet cooling solution. Not sure about temps, reservoirs are warm to touch, gpu reading is around 50c on load, not sure about cpu.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  2. The Wraith

The Wraith Member

That is so neat. I really like that no fuss no clutter. Very good job. Congratulations.:thumbup:

3. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Member

Very nice. I've been thinking of switching over to liquid cooling for my P180B for ages now but haven't taken the plung because of the limited room that I have work with. I've got a lot of components that I don't really want to part with, which they include.

2 x DVD Burners
    1 x Caddy
    2 x Raptors in Raid 0.
    8800 GTX
    Floppy drive
    and Antec 550

The power supply is probably what's the big issue. Some of the wires are at full stretch, might have to upgrade to something modularized - this could help out a whole lot. I also liked how u got rid of the HDD fan to give you more room for the PSU to wire the HDD's. 2 x :thumbup: on a job well done :)

4. OP
    OP
    vien

vien Member

yeah i have 2 dvd drives and a removable hdd rack as well.

the stock fan between the psu and hdds is so restrictive. I ended up using a 92x25mm fan at the font instead to cool the 3 HDDs.

the new P190 addresses the problem a bit (case is longer) but i reckon the case needs to be wider (i.e. let cables run along side the chamber fan).

5. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Member

So you got rid of the grill at the front and replaced it with a fan? Nice. Might have to try that out. :D

6. OP
    OP
    vien

vien Member

i basically bolt/washer/nut the fan to the front metal grill (the only way it fits is without the dust shield).

the wheels on the case are stuck on with industrial strength adhesive tape :) hahaha...

7. Kaine[zof]

Kaine[zof] Member

this is great, lots of P180 threads in here lately. giving me some great ideas for when i re-configure mine.

8. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Member

Yea for sure. And here I was thinking of which case I should buy next. :rolleyes: