ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. OP
    OP
    Gunna

Gunna Member

The network hash rate dropped by about 90%. Etn team expected 12 hours of slow blocks. They are supposed to get a block every 120 seconds now. Been 1 in 14 hours. Only 74 to go until difficulty moves

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I just don't believe it will go to zero. Crash sure but with the amount of talent entering the space lately and the money already invested before mainstreamers started getting involved (I include myself in this group) I just don't see it happening. I don't know where the bottom is but I just don't see it being zero.

/my2cents

3. shredder

shredder Member

As long as there's genuine work of value being done, then that value will be retained.

The issue is that the market needs a good settling period, where all the over-eager speculative money gets flushed back out.

Until the next cycle.

All the hopeful "bull run will start in <T+1 month>" stuff has proven to be just hot air. The market has never cycled that quickly.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  4. phat_s14

phat_s14 Member

You just need to look at the partnerships and Government regulations/proposals being announced daily across the entire crypto space and you can see that adoption and acceptance is growing daily.

it's only a matter of time before the next bull run and it will be double the last one. just sit back, accumulate the alts you believe in while they are cheap and wait it out.

XRP is a good example, there's new partnerships and announcements being made all the time about companies using xRapid and XRP. None of this is being reflected in the price yet but it'll snowball at some point and then it's lambos for everyone!

5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

6. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Whats people's thoughts on ETN? I saw some minning it but don't know much about it. IS it worth researching it?

7. koss

koss Member

It's a penny dreadful at 2cents currently.

It did a whole 39BTC worth of trade in the past 24hrs. making it seriously bad.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  8. OP
    OP
    Gunna

Gunna Member

That's due to the network being fucked.

Empty blocks being mined until difficulty drops in 3 blocks but those 3 blocks could take 24 hours

9. koss

koss Member

Coinmarketcap doesn't care about the network in it's stats, it collects data from the API of the exchanges it supports to calculate trade volume. 40BTC in 24h is pathetic.

10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I don't really care what its 24 hour volume is, I care about the technology behind it. Either it has potential or it's shit coin. ETH and BTC would have had similar volume at some stage.

But if it's so bad why are people even mining it?

I am earning passive dollars and want to start diversifying so looking at the smaller cap coins.

11. qwijibo

qwijibo Member

As far as technology goes, its not great - its using a fork of the XMR codebase, but the company behind it does not really have the technical chops to run a blockchain project, they're a a marketing outfit.

I made some good returns from this sweet little shitcoin in the early days - my vega64 cards paid for themselves in a couple of months - but I wish I had dumped the couple of thousand I kept around "just in case it goes somewhere", a long time ago.

Not sure who is mining it now - the botnets and ASICs took over for a while, and then they screwed up the fork they did to get rid of the asic miners (at least thats the impression I got - maybe its all sorted itself out now)

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  12. koss

koss Member

Pretty impressive co-ordinated dump of DASH across most exchanges at 6pm. this evening, lost about 50% instantly. Bounced back a bit 15min. later.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  13. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

I'm hoping it doesnt go any lower than 6500

14. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Hope so. Wanting to drop another $1000 into btc.

15. koss

koss Member

Most of the alts sagged overnight, not an elevator dump like BTC was on Monday, but still significant.