ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

This is a problem for Bitcoin if it's ever going to be taken seriously, I used Huobi what I am supposed to know about the underlying mechanics let alone somebody who knows nothing about crypto?

I think most people would assume transactions would be quick because it's digital.

Got about 965 Cardano for my $100 probably should've used coinspot in hindsight.

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

What I have noticed in the last 12 months with crypto's rise in popularity the banks have certainly upped their game. I did a cross bank transfer last night NAB>CBA and it was instant. 12 months ago it took at least 24-48 hours.

3. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

I found the same thing.

western union better get going tho, seen an ad saying send money anywhere for $10 within 48hrs....

4. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

DarkStyle looks like cointree is doing cash withdrawals now mate.

5. mareke

mareke Member

Does anyone feel sorry for this man?

https://finance.nine.com.au/2018/09/12/13/20/bitcoin-crash-sean-russell-savings-lost

6. XAJIM

XAJIM Member

He hasn't lost everything and learned a valuable lesson. Don't get greedy - if all of his mortgages were going to be paid, holidays good to go, etc then it's time to exit and reap the benefits. Otherwise it's probably a good time to look at why you're invested in something in the first place. Have some goals, educate yourself about what you're getting into and stick to the plan.

7. OP
    OP
    Gunna

Gunna Member

Only lost the if he cashes out and when he had a target he should have pull some out, even if that was the value of his initial investment. The wife and I have set a target, if 50% of our holdings ever covers the mortgage +tax, we pull 50% out.

8. douver

douver Member

Tezo's has announced it's launching its mainnet Monday - has been running in beta perfectly for a couple of months, still holding my crowdsale ones of these. Basic's are pretty much POS smart contracts (already implemented), with voting on chain for network upgrades etc. I think the ability it has to delegate your coins (without losing control of them) to someone else to bake (stake) is the thing that could prove popular. So risk free and effort free interest. Expecting launch to mean some bigger exchanges list it. Dreaming it might bring some serious liquidity back to altcoin exchanges.

In all honesty I partially bought these as a hedge early July last year in case BTC fell. BTC was around 2.5k and crowdsale price was 20k satoshis with up to 20% bonus.

/end shill

9. OP
    OP
    Gunna

Gunna Member

10. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

Doesn't matter now. I took their suggested fix to buy BTC and transfer it elsewhere.

Yeah, heard that before. I find it interesting that nobody seems to mention in articles like this, exactly how DAG works.

Kinda amusing they have a RU SAN picture.

11. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Ill just throw it out their again, I dont think its a bad time to dollar cost average......

Dont shoot me if you coin drops another 80% though LOL!

THis crash has played out a bit differently to what I expected, after seeing Cardano hit $1.30, if someone told me it was going to 6.5c and asked what price Bitcoin would be(at 6.5c Cardano), I would have assumed around $3-$4K at most.

That says to me, If Bitcoin has bottomed out most alt coins are a great opportunity to buy at these prices, IF NOT the pain will get worse.

Insightful huh?:lol:.

So we're getting closer to being close to the next bitcoin block halving some 20 odd months away, ASSUMING theirs no global financial shock if your thinking about a large(r) entrance into cryptocurrency, you'll be wanting to devise your entry strategy right now.

Lightning has stuck twice with crazy bull runs twice for the mainstream, It might do it a 3rd time but I believe that ultimately governments don't want to allow cryptocurrencies to co-exist.

Venezuela was a taste of things that might come, what EL-Presidente SHOULD have done was accept all the major cryptocurrencies instead of trying to implement their own Petro Crypto.

IF they were accepting BTC/ETH/XRP for barrels of oil no way in hell would the powers that be allow it to happen.

I don't believe that governments can't effectively shut down cryptocurrency, they can't in a literal sense but they can make "adoption" and the associated speculation go down the toilet.

All im saying is, if you can make a fortune out of this Sh!t in the next 5 years pull it out and buy real assets with the tokens and associated "worthless" fiat currency but don't bet on it for the long term.

12. koss

koss Member

The price movements we have seen this year are due to investors pulling out funds from all other asset classes and putting it into S&P 500 shares, specifically the FANG stocks, that's where the gains are, so that's where the money went. When you hear people say this and that reasons for the crypto market moving, just ignore them and look at what all the markets have been doing, not just crypto. Here is a video explaining what the global stock and other markets have been doing:

About the 6:00 min mark he shows a chart of what world markets did this year when VIX broke.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  13. OP
    OP
    Gunna

Gunna Member

Exactly, its investors pulling out to move to known 'trusted/safe' investments

14. douver

douver Member

Yeah, these long painful sideways consolidations periods have generally been good times to buy in the past. As you say we are running out of time for a long bearmarket at lower prices before the next halving too. Only thing missing currently is that BTC normally has a big scary fakeout down before going up. Altcoins seem to be waiting for BTC to start going up rather than sideways, but it wouldn't surprise me if altcoins went first either.

Hmm back in February I'm sure people were saying the reason BTC dumped to 6k was because the S&P had a crash on practically the same day and were using charts to prove it.

15. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

Everybody getting ready? :D

16. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Which way? Lol

17. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

Follow the trend

Screenshot_20180918-191945~2.png

18. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

Thank the Reserve Bank of Australia's NPP system for that: https://www.rba.gov.au/media-releases/2018/mr-18-02.html

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  19. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

Input
    Not output.

Btc is the only coin I am foolishly not holding.

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I am in the same position...

Tried to increase my holdings by swing trading, then the market took a dive and now I am like “oh looks like I’ll be holding this now.” Lol