1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

1. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

https://www.mining.com/perth-mint-gold-token-starts-trading-on-cryptocurrency-exchange/

Would any of you guys trade into PMGT?

Honestly IF I was looking for a "stable coin" I would prefer to trade into something like PMGT, actually specifically that coin:lol:.

Whats the alternative Tether or USD on exchange?

So if your one of those doomsdayers you dont really want USD or a tether token but the reality is you need trust for any of those assets on exchange, I'll take the perth mint as far as trust goes:Paranoid: but I dont see gold as a bad investment either way.

Could this token be bullish for gold or shall I say help to increase demand if only a little? WHo knows.

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

upload_2020-3-18_14-40-6.png

Jeezus, were you asleep during bitconnect and tried to make up for missing out on all these trash.

3. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I've bit the bullet today.

I had most of my holdings in a few coins that I thought were going to do well eventually. Most have slowly slid (as with most alts). Decided today to cut the losses and sell back to BTC. That way at least I can hopefully have some gains to the USD if BTC keeps rising, which I believe it should for a little while. Once I get too chicken I'll move it into tether or cash out and wait for the fall, and buy back hopefully more BTC than I have now. Then fingers crossed I can go back into some alts that might reap more rewards and wait for the next BTC boom.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  4. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

5. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

I prefer this shitcoin!

upload_2020-7-8_13-19-20.png

6. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I ditched litecoin for Cardano a week ago what a waste of a year!

Up at least 50% since make the right decision every now and then:Paranoid:

7. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Most exciting is that this month it broke-step with BTC and released their mainnet. Their nearest competitor (ETH) had a much rougher time of their new version.

8. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

ADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    [​IMG]

dirkmirk likes this.
  9. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

F##king Dogecoin you have to be sh!tting me!~

10. douver

douver Member

Hoho, story is people are pumping Dogecoin with tiktok videos about it. Sounds dodgy as, but it'll probably work.

11. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Famous last words but really has that feeling that crypto is ready to really pump again.

#Gold touching fresh highs in USD
    #NASDAQ continually making new highs
    #Stock markets heading back to where they were.
    #Central bank policies/money printing/low interest rates etc.

Bitcoin is half the value of it's peak, if people are looking for SOMETHING undervalued perhaps crypto satisfies that itch?

Don't know whether to FOMO my last big stash or keep dollar cost averaging every week, the fear says to me that the world markets have gone crazy and need a correction and so would crypto:confused:.

The reality seems like the risk takers are winning these days, the contrarian move is the feeling that everything is going to keep humming along hittingthitting new record highs in every asset class and that's really the whole point of what governments and central banks want, people feel and are wealthy spend money again and so it goes.

12. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Stocks are the safest - when they go down, the dark institutional money gets pulled from crypto first and it plummets.

Reins likes this.
  13. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Alright after many failed attempts can we resurrect this discussion:lol:?

This pump is a bit different, BTC & ETH obviously Cardano has been the top 10 darling last couple of months but im seeing alot of disconnect, their were often times you could click on coinmarketcap and literally see every single coin in the green but this is different, seems like theirs actual disconnect coins doing their own pumping and dumping whilst the top coins charge ahead.

Any hope for 2016/17 ICO coins:confused: OR is it all about DEFY these days:lol:?

Who knows what to think, I have to thank Koss I do enjoy listening to Nuggets News but also think how much affect this bloke has on the broader crypto market, talking about new subscribers(in the hundreds paying $50 a month, obviously looking to spend money) and the success of their "research", I suspect this channel has a fair sway on this DEFY narrative, who knows.

Lightning strikes twice? I put a decent amount of cash into Golem past pumps suggest that good performing coins of previous bullruns have another go, but who knows.

Got half of my stash in Cardano so hopefully that one is at least a winner...

Any experts here on the altcoin market or just jump on new coins and dump:lol:?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  14. douver

douver Member

Ethereum at it's highest value for over a year in both /BTC and /USD terms seems about as bullish as can be for the general altcoin market.

I'd say generally in altcoins, I have one rule - newer is always better - if they pumped hard last time, there will be too many bagholders waiting to sell this time (and the people who run the coin don't have as much skin in the game as they likely dumped last time).

Haven't actually really done any trading myself, mostly have XTZ/ZEC/ETH currently, all have well outperformed BTC this year - just hodling until the noobs come.