1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Strik3r

Strik3r Member

Missed today's XRP boom, have been waiting for a 'correction' to get back in. Managed to get in for a little run between $4.50 and $4.70. Would like to get back in around $4.20-4.30

If I just put money in and left it alone over the last week, i'd have double my profits by now. What Pap said about day trading seems to be true - while i haven't gone backwards in terms of $$, i have lost XRP.

ChiefBoss likes this.
  2. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

100% agree. I bought in at $1.13 and have sold/bought 6 times since. It's hard to sit and watch. Seriously a metal challenge. But in the same boat I haven't lost money.

3. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

Yes Yes, I know!!

It's fucking mental stress. urghhhh!!!

I just figure that this is going to impolde at some stage so keep taking 5%-10% gains.

As per below I realise that I lose out in XRP, but just week hands.

+1 to the above.

My aim was to sell near the top and buy back in on the big dips, obviously that is where the biggest gains are - I'm total noob, still, nearly 2x my money in two weeks try doing that via conventional channels!

4. papillon

papillon Member

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Ripple had already worked out a deal with Larsen and Jed and some other company they had a contract with (and got sued by) that they can't dump their holdings on the open market (as it would kill the company) and there's a legal agreement in place ..apparently.

5. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Yes it would be a typical type of contract to be in place. Like any CEO holding a decent % of a company's stock or options. I was being light hearted and it lends weight to the media exposure XRP is starting to get. I mean BTC making Winklevoss' billionaires was big news during the BTC hype. Imagine if XRP does overtake BTC in market cap... I was looking to put some of my BCH into XRP (as a buy and hold) but now I wonder if I've missed the boat. Still, probably a fair bit of upside left in XRP if the promises pan out.

6. Riddick187

Riddick187 Member

How ironic, a centralised, bank controlled 'crypto' overtaking Bitcoin in a market that rose atop on hype of trustless, decentralised blockchain systems.

MonoJoker and shredder like this.
  7. papillon

papillon Member

I suggest you read some of JoelKatz (chief crypto guy at Ripple) Twitter responses. He's pretty much debunked all this nonsense a 100 times over and does it daily hah.

Anyway, market cap is a shitty metric and will soon mean fuck all. Or BTC might rise to $100k way sooner than anyone thought...now there's an idea

8. papillon

papillon Member

A lot more promise than in BCH if you ask me (and no one asks me so neither should you heh) .. at the very least XRP will double with all the upcoming news and events (banks ending xrp trial end of jan, potential coinbase, 2 as yet to be announced household name partnerships, the 'zerpening' and all the accompanying media frenzy) etc

BCH rose like 100% with that coinbase listing ..so unless you bought in during/after that fiasco, you're doing well anyway ..

And XRP just corrected 10% and potentially more to come ..may soon be a decent entry point if you're new to it (not financial advice ;D )

9. douver

douver Member

Hope you guys that are hodling XRP have studied why it went from 500 satoshis to 24300 satoshis (my memory is this was all bank partnerships almost exactly like now, maybe kraken/bitfinex/bitstamp adds too?) and subsequently fell back to 1220 satoshis all last year. Things like what happened at the top? If you can't assure yourself this isn't a very similar situation then maybe you shouldn't hodl long term. To be completely honest here I haven't looked into it in detail myself - I don't buy it myself as I feel like I'm too biased against the concept of it, but it seems like possible deja vu to me. Do the research yourself.

10. papillon

papillon Member

Yeah I agree that's a very good point ..and it's not complete coincidence my sell is set at just under 25k satoshis :D

Having said that ..there are more things happening this year, see my previous reply to MonoJoker above - none of which have happened as *yet*. Also those partnerships are the ones now turning into live clients.. I think it has a long ways to go in terms of appreciating as a speculative item. I'm not even gonna dare to predict as to its long term prospects, if I did I wouldn't be selling it for BTC...

Speaking of which ...looks like the pump might be back awwwwwnnnn (or a bull trap could also be possible as today's spike makes no sense)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  11. GrayFox

GrayFox Member

I will HODL. There will be corrections. Gotta take the good days like this and just expect the bad ones too. But long term i think Ripple's potential can not be underestimated.

12. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

My BCH came simply from holding 0.25 BTC during the fork in July 2017 so cost me nothing - that's... infinity % gain! :)

I cashed out my BTC (yes I'm a broken record on that line) but the old FOMO always bites eventually so just after 2-3 cryptos that haven't had their day yet. Might just put 1/3 of whatever the BCH is worth into ADA, XRP and POWR or crapterium or something as was suggested to me. Oh and ofc 1000 Lindacoin for my wife of the same name haha.

Only need one to "do a Bitcoin" again and in 3 more years, presto, another few K to spend on bills.

Reminds me, if it's simple to explain here, what's the easiest and lowest fee way to get 0.25 BCH from a local wallet into an exchange where I can buy ~$250 worth of 3 cryptos like the ones I listed then withdraw to offline wallets and just file them away (backed up twice of course LOL)?

13. koss

koss Member

BCH is low fee, just transfer it to an exchange, I am using Binance atm because Bittrex let me down. I suggest not using a US based exchange, too many rules.

14. Mikos

Mikos Member

No need to day trade... my portfolio has risen 50% in the past 2 days doing nothing lol. Now at 2.5x in the past month, and around 10x on original investment.

POWR going insane too for no reason? I like being in the game but tempted to sell up some of these alts right now... wait for the next crash

15. papillon

papillon Member

I
    What happened with Bittrex? I am using them and haven't had any issues personally

16. ksyap

ksyap Member

Not sure there will be another "crash" now...meaning the next crash - no coin is safe. I think BTC has lost its market dominance for good!

gdshifty likes this.
  17. papillon

papillon Member

cmon ffs I haven't day traded in 10 days ..just let me reach this one milestone and sell my stock .... grrrr... I know its itching for a massive correction but just refuses to get to my target price first

this is bloody exhausting :/

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  18. Stugots

Stugots Member

Looking into Crypterium since I'd be keen to get onto my first ICO. Plus I think it is a solid idea in practice.

My only worry is this world is very against banking and centralised authorising bodies, which is why this industry was born in the first place.

Also the coins seem pretty expensive. About $100 AUD for 50 Crypterium... is that serious?

19. LeafKickeR

LeafKickeR Member

I've bought in, a think a few others have also on here. If you look at all competing cryptobank coins they have all taken off https://medium.com/@CryptoJudgemnt/...hange-polybius-tokencard-bankera-54345c04c6a7 cross check with https://coinmarketcap.com

Referral link to get 1% extra https://tokensale.crypterium.io/?ref=4ddcba0ed701c51581e6adf3

20. Stugots

Stugots Member

It's still on average about 2.23 AUD per CRPT token. Just seems very expensive for an ICO. It literally could do anything once it hits the exchanges...