1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

1. papillon

papillon Member

Yeah I apple-gize, just real cranky today. Didn't listen to my gut when I saw the dip start at 22k last night - could have increased my XRP holding by 25%

Then I wake up and all the fucken lambo/moon kids yelling "omg no coinbase sell sell sell" - when the coinbase statement came 4 HOURS after the correction had already started AND isn't actually saying anything other than 'ignore rumours, only we can announce shit' basically. I mean seriously are people this dumb or do they just enjoy spreading FUD ?

Then I come in here expecting to see a level headed discussion and first thing I read is a statement like .. "ripple is just trying to get the highest price to sell the 1 billion XRP they are releasing per month this year," - like seriously, I think you've mixed up XRP with XVG.

Anyway I'm probably gonna be cranky rest of the day so I shall refrain from posting. (edit: or maybe not .. :D)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. koss

koss Member

The Coinbase effect is real, as soon as a rumor that a coin is going to be listed comes out, that coin rockets. The stupid part is that Coinbase is tiny, it's about 10% of the daily volume that say Binance does, and a fraction of the total market(maybe 2%). If Coinbase closed down the 24hr. volume on coinmarketcap.com would barely change. Just shows you how daft the herd is.

3. ksyap

ksyap Member

WOW... The Cardano roadmap update is amazing IMO...(inc. own debit card to spend Cardano and ledger wallet support).

https://cardanoroadmap.com

4. papillon

papillon Member

That's true but it is also one of the few that lets the herd in by letting them buy in via CC and USD - the herd are those moon kids that buy $100 worth expecting it to be $1m by next week. They're the ones creating the buzz on social media with their dreams of lambos on the moon after they invested a few bucks.

5. koss

koss Member

When did that news come out? Just trying to gauge the market reaction.

6. papillon

papillon Member

Not to sound like a FUD-er, but it will probably dip now just because of the whole ''...sell the news' cycle shit. But if it does dip it will definitely be a good buy then and I might just jump in while the XRP hysteria fucken settles.

7. gdshifty

gdshifty Member

almost every 2nd post of yours is to FUD ripple. Just let it go mate.

8. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

I was laying in bed around midnight thinking I should sell some off but didn't and then wake to see the dips. Where's that crystal ball or time machine. :lol:

9. FatBoy

FatBoy Member

Let's just hold hands and be nice to one another children.

10. Strik3r

Strik3r Member

Ditto :( I'm in on XRP at 4.50 too. I had a few outs at 4.70 before bed and nearly clicked it thinking its gonna dip back to ~4.20-4.30 and i could re-buy in the morning.

Now I think i'll just hold for a few days and see what it does.

11. ksyap

ksyap Member

Don't beat yourself up....You've said you are going to hold until real news comes out... You've done that so you should be proud of yourself... Say you "predicted" the dip wrongly and it was only a small drop before another push... You'd also be cranky...it can't go both ways hahahaha.

IMO his statement has some merit... He could have done better and provided some evidence behind why he thinks it...but he did say in his opinion.. I've been following XRP news/movement for 6 months now and I can honestly say I was expecting $2-3USD by the END of 2018.....how the fuck it's pass that now is beyond me lol. XRPs total market cap on CMC is only showing based on circulating supply... If you include what the total supply is... XRPs total market cap has surpassed BTC by 100Billion...

So really...all opinions regarding XRP are probably valid right now LOL...if you were saying things like XRP to $5 six weeks ago I'd have been calling you a fanatic that doesn't know what you're talking about....today...hell even I think $5 before April is achievable...basically all my initial opinion about XRP has gone out the window LOL.

12. ksyap

ksyap Member

Literally 20mins ago.

Reading through...I reckon this is a fairly significant update... In a good way...partnerships in the real world...increasing support...researching tech to avoid forks.

PS> I promise this is not a shill attempt...actually think this is a fairly major update!

13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I've set XRP, TRX, and ADA as my HODLs for this year.

gdshifty likes this.
  14. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Good to see you back in the game mate, how did that rig of yours go in the end - last I saw was the one you had suspended from the ceiling under the house providing a fair bit of winter heating ;)

Damn, I can't get the Netcoin software to install, my AV thinks it's all very nasty and keeps quarantining it. Not sure how many NET I still have but might be worth following up after reading your post.

Did you manage to hold much else from the great mining boom of 2013/14? :)

15. r3s

r3s Member

Nope, i had 116 bitcoin hacked by a trojan/keylogger i got from some mining software i believe, silly me for using the same password combo across a few exchanges i guess, but was pretty damn depressing so i cleared all my altcoins except Netcoin as it had dropped to next to nothing anyways.
    Had some bad luck this year a drunk p plater destroying my fence and startling my wife who then broke her foot, was tough times with her out of work for almost 10 weeks, so i used most of my btc buying things i needed at the time especially Vet products for my dogs, like usual in my life the timing was terrible as that last couple of btc i used would have been worth a lot more now.
    Netcoin is my last holding and i had basically written off any crypto, still have about 0.1btc left so not much.
    When i mined the Net and it hit the exchanges the peak would have made it worth around $5000 , my remaining coins are worth about that now, i don't need the money right now so have just sold a small portion off, see what happens with the rest in teh future.
    1 of the coders was working on a new application for the coin, so who knows, 1 day if it comes to fruition it could get a nice bump.
    I'll just do what i did last time, set a few unrealistic sell orders and see what happens, if i were to get $5k+ from the few i have setup to sell then i will just hold the other 500k for another day and be content with that. :)

16. Glitchlol

Glitchlol Member

Ripple seems to be bought up by a lot of people who are extremely protective of it and hostile when questioned about where it's value comes from. I don't get it.

17. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

r3s

Sorry to hear that, there's more rogues out there in this industry than anything I've ever seen... You sold me some hardware for my rigs and were always willing to help out with settings and advice so it sux you got repaid with bad luck like that.

Hope Netcoin gets you some bux, all I had left was 0.25BTC after BTCArbs took off and my day trading basically frittered away the rest.

You still mining?

18. papillon

papillon Member

yeah buncha sissies if you ask me

Optimus. likes this.
  19. r3s

r3s Member

Nah havent looked at mining for years, i lost a whole lot on it, Mtgox, lost coins, Cryptsy lost coins, had shares on cryptotrader in cryptsy to try and diversify and get a return off trading fees for the longer term......gone when the **** did a runner, BTC-E seizure, lost a bit more, hasn't been a very good run for me in crypto unfortunately.
    Woulda been better off just buying some and holding, which is why i just held the NET and forgot about checking on it all the time, just recently started selling bits of it off here and there when btc dropped after the astronomical increase recently.
    My situation is looking better for this year by itself so any windfall from crypto is just a bonus these days.

MonoJoker likes this.
  20. AstinGC90

AstinGC90 Member

Correction time by the looks. Get those buy orders set