1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

1. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Like 2 months ago TRX was a quarter of a cent. I bought about $50 worth. Sat on it for a week and sold it, breaking even. Now look at it! It made it to 40 cents :O

2. Arghz

Arghz Member

A lot of interest in some coins that have pumped real hard already in this thread, hope you guys are longer term hodlers and not buying the top. They may be good projects, but plenty of other ones with less downside risk involved. I'm more of a bottom feeder....wont be going near XRP, ADA, TRX, XVG etc at these prices. Still bagholding entries from early december for now, biggest ones are edgeless, ubiq and strat. Only recent buy is storm.

3. koss

koss Member

Explanation of how people misunderstand Ripple.

Glitchlol and ksyap like this.
  4. ksyap

ksyap Member

Re. ADA. How short term are you talking? 3 months? If so then yeh..definitely expect some good solid gains over the next 3 months...but don't expect it to hit $10 for example......Shelly is expected sometime soon..but even then I'd say a conservative target is $5-$10 at the end of 2018....in saying that...I wouldn't have valued it at $1 right now (with essentially a concept only).

Mind you..take things into perspective...ADA only "entered the scene" approx. September 2017... It's considered a very young coin but it entered at the right time. This was JUST before the recent crypto boom (by boom I mean total market cap went from 200Billion at the time to what it is now).

5. Strik3r

Strik3r Member

I'm taking the opposite approach and following Pap's train of thought. Just gonna let it sit there for a month and not touch it despite temptation. I won't make the absolute optimal gains, but I think it has a good chance of doubling between now and the end of the month. Someone said $10 by April. I'll be surprisedif it isn't $10 before the end of Feb.

6. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

Nope, with any premined coin == scam just like all shitcoin ICOs.

7. papillon

papillon Member

Yeah because being beholden to 3 mining pools who in turn are all beholden to the Chinese government is so much safer than PoS!

Koss is just trolling now. He got burnt selling all his XRP for Bcash at $0.25 to $4,500 ahahaha.

BTC reached $16k again yay

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  8. ksyap

ksyap Member

Still takes the power away from the institutions :p ....would be interesting when the miners stop... I've always wondered what would happen to BTC if the major mining pools disappear...like if they decide to mine something else. :p

BTC retracted a bit... Need to watch it's movement like a hawk... If it keep climbing the alts will all retract.

9. ksyap

ksyap Member

Haha I wouldn't go as far at to say ALL are shitcoins. Surely it depends on the use/purpose of the coin within the crypto ecosystem.

10. ksyap

ksyap Member

My biggest take out of it to anyone here... You are NOT buying a share of the company (a.k.a. you are NOT investing in the company) hahahaha.

Therefore all the success of the company...belongs to the company...as with a lot of coins out there.

This is probably my no. 1 point I make when any of my friends/relatives ask me about cryptocurrency.

11. papillon

papillon Member

wait are you saying I'm not 1 0.000000075th CEO of Ripple?? BUT I HAVE COINZ MAN

12. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

that all?? oh man I thought you had like 20-30K coinzzzz!

13. papillon

papillon Member

30k is more than 75k? tis a strange day

14. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

you had a few too many leading zeros.

also, that's a lot of xrp.

that's my immediate goal in aud value to pay all my debts inc the 50% tax for aud withdrawal

15. papillon

papillon Member

that's the dream isn't it ...(not the tax part)

16. papillon

papillon Member

Whats always amazing to me is during these btc bull runs .. there's like a handful of random coins that just stay steady during the whole thing and even gain.

Like DGB and SC right now .. I mean, what why?

17. papillon

papillon Member

I think you misunderstood me.

I am just observing the %CHANGE value (Bittrex).

Basically on the front page (top volume) at least out of 50 coins or so pretty much 45 went into the red, some as high as 30%. And while most were falling a handful remained steady wher their %CHANGE remained exactly the same.

18. shredder

shredder Member

Not the first time Sia and Digibyte pump together. Look at the historical charts. It's obviously an organised thing. Could end at any time they choose to initiate the sell off for this phase. I first heard reddit rumours about a likely pump on these weeks ago, but I don't like it, and wouldn't buy in. Not then and not now.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  19. papillon

papillon Member

yeah that sounds like the only plausible explanation... I'd love to get in on it just to drop out before everyone else and screw with their game a bit. They gotta have thousands in on the PD scam though based on the volume

20. ksyap

ksyap Member

Lol BTC did not do a bull run....for a minute or two it looked like it may.. might have caught a few people out there.