1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Wait until Wall St wakes up ~6:30pm.

ksyap likes this.
  2. ksyap

ksyap Member

Or it won't happen due to the FUD surrounding China and mining.

I honestly think BTC patterns have changed. If you just follow a simple total market cap value ...the last 300-400B rise of total market cap - almost nothing went into BTC. BTCs market dominance the week or two before Christmas went well above 60%.

I'd love to be proven wrong lol. A lot of these alts don't deserve the money they are getting :p

3. ksyap

ksyap Member

The one thing I haven't looked at is the futures market. Might have had significant impact to this all.

Anyone here has been keeping an eye?

4. koss

koss Member

I think it's more like 11pm Melb/Syd time.
    The futures market in the US trades 6 days a week, so they trade Sundays.

5. papillon

papillon Member

Im back in xrp ...now watch btc pump while I go back to sleep

FatBoy likes this.
  6. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

I notice 2 large periods of activity nightly, ~6:30pm and 9pm. That roughly correlates to the workdays starting in the US on the east and west coasts. That's when lots of coins have been surging or dumped. Maybe it'll quieten down now that ppl are returning to work.

There's a lot of money in the futures. I'm convinced that the Rise of the Alts is raising the market cap, which will one night be put in to BTC and pulled out!
    Winklevoss twins are heavily invested (own) the major futures trading companies + control enough BTC to manage the market price.

So I'm looking to start moving 'profit' back in to BTC. Wall St still tip it to hit $80k this year (~3x increase) and I'm sure they'll make it happen.

ksyap likes this.
  7. ksyap

ksyap Member

Anyone else got onto UKG? I think I mentioned it 2-3 days ago (was hovering around $1)...currently sitting at $2.50 or so. Decent performance over the last 3 days considering other coins.

8. douver

douver Member

Cheap low satoshi coins fad seems to be slowing up, looks like the big coins are starting to make moves.

Still thinking this from last week too - race to 0.1btc between Ethereum/ZCash will likely be tight.

Also expecting a BCash propoganda bonanza (well its more BTC FUD than pro-BCash normally) and BCash pump later this week - most likely around when BTC difficulty goes up in 4-5 Days.

Notable evidence Tron whitepaper was largely plagurised (and also many other ICO whitepapers too actually) came out last night too - can get a 12B marketcap without even writing your own whitepaper or coming up with new ideas these days apparently.

DarkStyle, Optimus. and ksyap like this.
  9. ksyap

ksyap Member

TRX is a massive social media hyped coin... can make a bit of $$$ from it. Especially with a lot of the newbies that come in thinking "Hey look $0.20, it can hit $10000 like BTC...lets buy a heap!" ....lots of that happening each pump TRX goes to and FOMO kicks in. Just reading their twitter feed is a great laugh.

I would just use TRX to build up reserve of other coins. The founder of TRON is well liked in China and has good social links....that's enough to push prices up.. who knows...maybe one day they end up building something worthwhile. The fact that he's linked to Jack Ma is constantly creating buzz of "alibaba partnership" ... lol.

10. Xassius

Xassius Member

Quite some rally with ETH...:'(

11. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

+1 I'm back in XRP waiting for next pump :Paranoid:

12. shredder

shredder Member

Not that coinmarketcap.com will tell you this, but ETH actually has number 2 market cap position, when you discount the fake Ripple volume and prices from Bithumb, and instead use the real Ripple price from proper exchanges (which people outside Skorea can actually use, and cash out of), and multiply that by the circulating supply, to calculate the proper international Ripple market cap.

Not that this matters hugely. I just found it interesting, since it's a metric so many people watch, and coinmarketcap's algorithms are clearly here manipulated in the above manner.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    ksyap and whatdoesthisdo like this.
  13. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

ETH (And ETH Classic) futures looking strong, I moved TRX to there. So have probably killed it.

FatBoy and ksyap like this.
  14. koss

koss Member

yup, I cashed my ETC at 232k Sats, didn't pick the peak but good enough. Will buy back in after the next BTC rally.

15. shredder

shredder Member

Yeah I wouldn't touch TRX with a 10-units-of-your-choice pole. Or german. Or any nationality.

Dodgy, Verge-like shite, in my polite opinion.

ksyap likes this.
  16. Strik3r

Strik3r Member

So currently I have 100% in XRP. (newbie, got caught in hype).

After next XRP pump, I want to switch to something like:

33% XRP
    33% ADA
    25% ETHOS
    10% POWR

Thoughts ? I'm tempted to skip POWR...

Plan is to hold on for ~12 months and reassess.

17. ksyap

ksyap Member

I personally won't be holding XRP for 12 months to reassess. Ride the hype now (I am riding too) but set goals and sell off when you can. Especially once the new tokens start getting released into the supply monthly...prices will be impacted.

ADA at its current price is a bit of a swing really... if they deliver then yeh definitely safe to hold for 12 months. I am holding for 12 months but I bought my ADA at very much lower prices. Like VERY much lower lol.

POWR has good hype and potential for this year IMO. Not sure about ETHOS.

Again... mind you a lot of these tokens are very much in development phase with "good prospect" so could totally flip and drop as newer more hyped coins come into play...then when these projects finally eventuate the prices will go back up. (I'm comparing to the likes of OMG/Stratis during 2017 - hyped up prices to start...then dwindled down to massive lows and now back up to ATHs).

shredder likes this.
  18. ksyap

ksyap Member

On another note.. the SC wallet on Bittrex is STILL down hahaha...almost what... 2 days now? I sold at the high and switched to buy on Polo just to see how this turns out... still waiting hahahaha..

19. Mikos

Mikos Member

I think it's smart to diversify a bit. I don't know anything about ETHOS but the others are solid bets. Remember this whole market is essentially gambling at the moment so things can change within days let alone 12 months. I've got XRP, ADA, and POWR and am holding for likely years as well. Also hold ETH, BTC, XLM though so a bit more variety

20. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

I have sold out of ETN -- 100% gain was good enough cashed out and bought 2 x more 1080ti's :)

im starting to stack Etherum classic now as I feel its due for a pump and dump soon.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018