ALT Coin discussion

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Gunna, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. koss

koss Member

Works out about $25AUD per month. Too expensive for me. Mind you, people pay $99US/mth. for Cliff High's investment advice newsletter :-(

2. papillon

papillon Member

Looking at Binance Coin ..it might actually itself not be a bad investment. It's up 50% in 3 days what?? And with Binance only getting more popular this coin could actually appreciate quite a bit it seems.. Obviously its a complete scam backed by nothing but hey who cares

3. papillon

papillon Member

Being a friday in the usa / eu ...something's gonna get pumped soon; What's everyone's bet on?

I think ADA might go for it again ..it reached 8700sat the other day, I don't see why it can't go there again or beyond, at least short term, seems to be the new hype

ksyap likes this.
  4. r3s

r3s Member

i bought EthereumDark yesterday for 3200sats set a sell order for just over double that with half, now have the other half for free :)

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ETHD_BTC

strat, powr , ada and net all recovered a bit which was nice, only 1 i hold that dropped was SXC

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  5. ksyap

ksyap Member

ADA close to hitting $0.90 again...I wonder whether I should play the cycle today. Seems like that's what happened with XRP and XLM.

6. papillon

papillon Member

wtf is with all the wicks on LTC charts last few days ..never seen anything like it

7. ksyap

ksyap Member

https://www.auscoin.io

Did anyone notice this or done some research into it? White paper being updated but could be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Considering how Korea and China are reacting to crypto... I reckon Aus will be a country to watch.. could well turn into a safe heaven for crypto usage. Just we'll probably tax the hell out of it hahahahaha.

8. koss

koss Member

We are not a safe haven, the some JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs et. al. control our institutions as well, it's just we are small so they hit the big fish first.

CEO of Binance talking about what's going on in China/Korea.

When they re-opened new account sign ups for a day this week, Binance got 240,000 new registrations. I wonder how many of those were scalper bots trying to register multiple accounts to sell?

9. r3s

r3s Member

Nobody else.had any ethereum dark? More then tripled overnight and now going between 9-12k for the last few hours

10. Riddick187

Riddick187 Member

Wtf is that ? And what do they do ? They have a very flashy intro header on their website and that's about it. Sadly, that's mostly what it takes in the cryptoworld right now, a flashy site and good name, the technology isn't that important just use existing and make a roadmap.

11. AstinGC90

AstinGC90 Member

So, need a little advice. I've continued to hold ADA, XRP and XLM regardless of the climate. I'm currently 700% up on much of my ADA holdings. Is the best course of action to sell high into USDT or AUD for the purpose of buying low? I will be getting back in at a higher price then I did originally but will still have a higher token count if that plan works out. My goal is simply gains, what ever the method. FOMO is a son of a bitch.

12. koss

koss Member

I know what you need:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/60mm-Clear-Round-Glass-Artificial-Crystal-Ball-Sphere-Decoration-Home-Decor/122615775046

ADA is up 33% already today.

13. Xassius

Xassius Member

BTC making a run?

14. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

If ADA isn't a long term hold for you, now is a good time to take some profit or invest some in another currency. Both of these are wins, congrats!
    But try to keep a position in it - this is only the beginning. :)

15. AstinGC90

AstinGC90 Member

Ordered 3 to tripple my chances.

Gonna take 50% out. Thanks mate.

16. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

weird how coin trackers like worldcoinindex state one price when the exchange it lists shows another. Eg; Worldcoinindex says ETH is $1300 for Binance. But Binance says $1282.

17. dexx

dexx Member

Ive found trading against USD to be straightforward as dollars are fixed. Trading agains ETH or BTC is harder since all currencies move.

Indeed i do exactly that for my small $$$ of alt trading. However i'm nervous about using a Chinese exchange for larger amounts in case it gets shut down. I guess Binance would be safe(ish) since its so large.

18. koss

koss Member

I have a love/hate relationship with that approach, on one hand it's much easier to look at the charts for half a dozen coins at once if they are all paired to USD, on the other hand you miss the chance to spot arbatrage opportunities on exchange that have a lot of USD pairs because they can move at a different rate to the same coin paired to BTC. A good example is WEX.nz which has BTC and USD pairs for all coins, there is often a delay between the fiat and BTC movements of a particular coin.

19. r3s

r3s Member

I will be honest, i never even looked into what it is, i just saw the chart and the fact it hadn't really had a pump like most other coins looking at the 1 month chart ( on cryptopia as they are the only exchange which trades NET ), figured it would get done sooner or later, lucky it happened immediately after i bought some ( i'm not trading with anything substanstial, usually $3-500 worth just to diversify out of only being in NET for the last 3 years, i sold a bunch of it when it hit the 60-70sats range which it has since dropped from, so seems to have worked out well for the moment as nearly everything i bought has gone up whilst NET has dropped again.
    Holding 500k NET for later on but now have some strat, powr, ethd, ada, sxc, and a tiny bit of PAC just for lolz.
    Wish i had bought some MINT when it was low, reminds me of back when MINT was new, stayed on 1sat or lower ( trading in ltc ) for aaaaaaggggess then got massive pumped, i was online at the time, sold for 13 sats, then set rebuy at 2sats and within 10mins it went back down, then up to 9 again and sold, made $5k in a matter of 30mins lol.

20. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

https://imgur.com/u1IViil

https://imgur.com/tWjGObI

can explain in more detail but probably easier if you google quickfinger luc