AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Sunder

Sunder Member

Still 3 weeks to CP2077. If CD Projekt Red wanted to delay launch until next year, I have no complaints :p

cheddle and Strifian like this.
  2. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Their signature is to delay, 5 times minimum

3. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

So did all of 3 people get to order a card lastnight? :lol: :p

terrabyte and Dilbery like this.
  4. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Well the first one was accurate.

GN guy comes across like his lollipop has been stolen. I mean I’m disappointed that I missed out on a ref card too. But you have to remember that is all this was, ref cards. AMD have already had at least 20 to 30 ref card sales on OCAU last night that I saw, vs 1 Nvidia ref card bought that I saw in that thread. The real test will be next week when the AIBs come out. They have already said there will be a lot more AIB cards than ref.

Dare I say it, pretty sure I saw more sales last night than I’ve seen in the whole Nvidia thread anyway. People who ordered there on launch night are still waiting for a delivery estimate even!

I guess the only caveat is that some of the AMD orders might be refunded from last night. But that’s better than paying full price on launch and still not having a card almost three months later lol.

Probably sounds like I’m a white knight fanboy. I’m really not. I can just see major differences comparing the two launches. To say this was as bad as Nvidias is very narrow vision.

Nethiuz, cheddle and SKITZ0_000 like this.
  5. Skramit

Skramit Member

ANyone get an order in from Centrecom?

6. WarriorZ

WarriorZ Member

My condolences. My confirmation email has it as “order only”. According to scorptec it means this.

4. Order Only = Not in stock, special order to be placed with our supplier, may take 1-3 days average turnaround time to reach our warehouse. It is also subject to availability at our supplier.

Not sure if I made the cut or not.
    The status through my account still shows “awaiting stock availability”

What’s everyone else showing as?

7. Skramit

Skramit Member

I like Techjesus content but very often he comes accross as a super sour negative nally. I've given him feedback directly before on his youtube channel and he took exception to my feedback and replied directly haha.

He's often a bit whiney on certain topics expecially vendor 'behavior'.

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  8. jimbogimp

jimbogimp Member

ZOMG the MSI cards are $20 more expensive at pccg. PRICE GOUGING RAGE MODE ENABLED!

9. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

where’s that hellafluck amd fanboy kid who trolls in the 30 series thread? Wonder if he is sleeping in cause he stayed up to 3am trying to get a 1080p killer card? Bahaha

10. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Suprised the ASUS ref cards aren't the expensive ones this time.

11. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

I used to like his content, but now I find it mostly intollerable. Too much of a reddit warrior, always has something to prove, forces his "OBJECTIVE" opinion on viewers, etc - just talk about the fucking hardware please. I really appreciated the Level1Techs video by Wendel, just super casual and chill, covers all the basics you're after. GN content has value but far out, it's best watched on mute.

Also I got an Asrock 6800 XT from Scorptec, just to add to those stats. I feel like the AIB's are going to be a few hundred $$ more and will probably water block it anyway. Either way it's a lot of frames for $1,049.

So it sounds like the go is thermal pads on the backplate, liquid metal on the die, a spacer for a bit more mounting pressure... Now I just need to hear about custom bioses, more tdp, custom memory timings(!?), mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (hopefully bioses aren't locked)

ricmc and cheddle like this.
  12. deevus

deevus Member

Grabbed an ASUS 6800 XT from Scorptec. The cards didn’t actually appear for me until about 1:10. I stared at the list for about 30s before placing an order.

Skramit likes this.
  13. RnR

RnR Member

I believe GN talks about this twitter thread;

upload_2020-11-19_7-26-30.png
    https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1329074138514788352

Whether or not its a paper launch, expectations were set. As another tweeter said, the forced delay by AMD to stop its board partners from shipping their AIB's, meant that a good deal of cards were just not available, although some AIB's could have shipped by release day adding to the available stock.

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  14. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Yeah, delaying the AIB cards does seem like an odd decision, particularly since it sounds like the reference cards were a one-off shipment (at least to Australia).

Hmm, decisions, decisions. Now I have to figure out which GPU that I can't buy I should go with, to go with the CPU I can't buy and the motherboard I can't buy.
    2020 FTW!

ricmc likes this.
  15. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

It’s probably got to do with the optics around the pricing, now all the reviews have been done with the $649 price.

chook and Gibbon like this.
  16. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Yeah, true, good point

17. RnR

RnR Member

At least you can buy toilet paper now...

Gibbon likes this.
  18. Worthy83

Worthy83 Member

Yes his whole speech about people shouldn't get angry cause they missed out on the 3080 launch and how unhealthy it is, whilst I agree with him I couldn't help but think what his reaction would be if he wasn't given any cards to review for months while every other tech tuber got them

19. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah it's all well and good for the reviews to say shit like that, mean while they get everything handed to them, the 9 times out of 10 it's tested then stuck on a shelf :rolleyes:.

Some people need this shit to do work especially content creators, the faster the hardware the faster you get paid. And in the case of YouTube the more videos you put out the more your channel will get promoted and the more you get paid.

20. FatBoy

FatBoy Member

Can we all just hold hands and rejoice that there is competition in the GPU market.

Green team... Red team... we all bleed the same colour (Or whatever colour your cooling system bleeds).

ricmc, Urbansprawl, 8MadDog8 and 7 others like this.