AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. The Beast

The Beast Member

Errrr, yes.

Case in point, just got this.

Asus.

[​IMG]

The overflow error sounds like something they should you know.... fix.

Also, when a form email telling me I'm fucked has a massive grammatical error two words into the first paragraph I definitely approach Consumer Rage Mode.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Nethiuz likes this.
  2. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

I got a Gigabyte one through Scorp, Order 15952**, guess I should ring them to check it, does say they placed order auctioned by Scorptec. But given others in the thread I am guessing its a no go.

3. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

quoted in here from someone (couldnt tell you who though) apparently from AMD

4. The Beast

The Beast Member

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/amd-is-determined-for-big-navi-not-to-be-a-paper-launch/

Good summary. The inference was clear, AMD felt bullish about their stock levels vs Ampere's launch.

If indeed they do have a bunch of AIB stock ready to go in a week or so, they have already completely squandered that good will through last nights shambolic release.

5. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

I can't think of many valid reasons to launch with only the 1st party cards in such low numbers unless they're pulling the same bullshit price game that nvidia did. Either that or AMD are completely out of touch.

6. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Be careful, there is a resounding correlation between calling Scorptec and not having your order fulfilled. Hide in the dark away from all communication, Schrödinger's GPU.

hellaflush, cheddle, Sipheren and 2 others like this.
  7. Roger

Roger Member

I really wonder if they launched with just the reference cards so they could set the price, make it look like “Look at us, look at these non gouged prices”

Which is fucking stupid, especially after all the crap thrown around on Twitter, even if the AIB cards have higher volume, a lot of people are pissed off now and I assume the partner cards will end up being at or around the 3080 prices once the stores mark them up because of demand.

8. Frag

Frag Member

Probably date was timed in and around other releases... Thinking Cyberpunk 2077... But thats been delayed so the the launch date means sfa but they can't delay as it would give people wrong impression.

Anyway... as long as I have the 6800xt by the time I d/l CP2077 I dont care... :p My 34" WQHD gets here tomorrow so it will just tease me until the rest is available. Meh, still waiting on my PSU/NVME so its all damn ridiculous ... stupid Covid!

9. The Beast

The Beast Member

[​IMG]

Nethiuz likes this.
  10. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

Doesn't explain why AMD delayed the 3rd party releases.

11. tephra

tephra Member

Why the fuck didn't AMD allow reviewers to release their reviews before the actual sale date/time.

I mean they knew that only 1/1000 orders would be fullfilled.. and the cards seem to review good...

Doesn't make sense.. idiots

12. Sunder

Sunder Member

Skipped a few pages of what seemed to be mostly availability chatter, so don't know if it has already been posted, but apparently a decent overclocking headroom. This video say stable at 2675Mhz, others saying 9% - on stock coolers.

Keen to see more real end user experiences, not carefully binned reviewer samples, but either way, looking more promising than Nvidia.

335 GT and RnR like this.
  13. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah looks like it has a lot of headroom. The stock coolers also use graphite thermal pads so change that out for proper paste or liquid metal and they could clock higher.

Under water will be really interesting.

14. SONofSAM

SONofSAM Member

Has anyone heard about custom cards eta ?

15. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Next week, 26th.

16. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

The frequency on that video looks promising, but kids these days - maybe open up GPUZ and have a look?

I reckon it probably looks something like this:

Attached Files:

cheddle likes this.
  17. Sunder

Sunder Member

I thought they did briefly mention power being the limiter. So I'm guessing the trade in editing or swapping BIOSes from high end AIB will be de rigueur for these cards.

18. hvalac

hvalac Member

Bad review, check out GN they actually explain this oc issue perfectly.

19. RnR

RnR Member

Interesting to see that despite the hefty overclock, there wasn't much of a gain in performance. Did he use cpu limited games to test against? Do you also need to overclock the ram to use the gpu overclock... ie it could be bandwidth starved at that clockspeed? Or is the gpu power starved? Maybe you need 3 x 8 pin power plugs...

Edit: my bad... the last option seems to have been discussed already above... nap time I think... :tired:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  20. chook

chook Member

PC stuff and live music. Nothing else that is important has really gone wrong this year.