AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

You didn’t think so? Man, the shadows and the water reflections got me chubby. I thought from an early video that the graphics weren’t going to be that great. I’ve changed my mind now!

2. RnR

RnR Member

There is no RT for CP2077 on either of the next-gen consoles either... at least on release.

Well it looks like the majority of the OCAU population that wants to play CP2077 will swallow Nvidia's load of BS all in the name of some reflections. Meh :(

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  3. echineon

echineon Member

Anyone can share the scorptec priority for 6800xt tomorrow? I missed the reference 6800xt but they promised priority queue wondering how that turns out...

4. The Beast

The Beast Member

Just remember, in 5 years you'll look at Cyberpunk and laugh at how poor the RT looked back then :)

Frag, nope and Nethiuz like this.
  5. pH@tTm@N

pH@tTm@N Member

I think the fact you had to look for it, or otherwise it was LOOK AT ME IM A SHINY PUDDLE OF WATER!!! LOOK HERE!!!

Without RTX won't leave you wanting from what I saw. Or rather, give me the FPS.

gazza30 and hellaflush like this.
  6. RnR

RnR Member

Yeah... its a shooter... fps please.

hellaflush likes this.
  7. nope

nope Member

itching to get a 6800xt now aaaaaaaaaa

8. Nian

Nian Member

I found a better solution. I told the CP2077 devs to go eat a dick... Plenty of other games to play.

9. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

For me it depends, like I said earlier, gonna wait till the game comes out, then decide if I get 6800xt or 3080, it seems like 3080 is the way to go but if the side-by-side comparison isn't that much then i'll end up 6800xt

10. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Obviously you guys have short memory...

Witcher 3... Hairworks... that totally change the game didn't it... oh yeah tanked 7970 performance HARDCORE.

RTX can go fuck itself, it's useless garbage, as it's just another one of the Gameworx BS to work well with Nvidia and fuck everyone else... where else have we heard of these tactics? Oh yeah... Shittel and AVX512... totally getting used everywhere that is isn't it.

11. Frag

Frag Member

While I dislike nvidia quite a bit, I don't think RTX is anything like hairworks. Hairworks was shitty gamecode optimised for nvidia gpu pathways that provided such minor enhancements and designed to gimp Ati performance. I genuinely think RTX is the future so I think it is more akin to the old Antialiasing days or even back to 16bit v 32bit colour.

In the end RTX will add a significant amount of realism once we really see it in all its glory. At the moment it is still a gimmick unless you play at 1080p I guess :/ Most cases the fps will be too much of a trade off to make it worth while for serious gamers.

Malakai likes this.
  12. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Yep, because i'll definitely be seeing the flamethrowers reflection in the puddles and windows when i'm dodging all those bullets in BF 5 eh? ;)

FPS > anything else.

13. Trizae

Trizae Member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    RnR likes this.
  14. The Beast

The Beast Member

^^^^ = me

Except I don't care which giant corporation I had my money over to.

Lol at comparing real time ray tracing global illumination..... to hairworks.

"Real Time Ray Tracing, it's useless garbage" - 2020

FWIW, Nvidia have said they will fully support Direct X ray tracing, and Vulkan open source ray tracing.

James086 likes this.
  15. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

But I didn't go looking for it. I was remembering the graphics from a while ago, and I immediately noticed the difference with RT. It looks better, more real. I noticed it as soon as I saw the video. Not just the reflections in puddles and the shadows, but that's the easiest to spot. Anyway, if you didn't notice then all good. I certainly prefer RT on though from what I've seen.
    Probably won't be looking at the reflections when dodging bullets, sure. But for the rest of the time while wandering around the city, it will look sensational.

16. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

People here dismissing raytracing as simply shiny puddles or "useless garbage" are clueless, its the next step in graphical fidelity and there is a reason AMD, nvidia, Microsoft, Sony etc have all spent the money and put in the time to make it a reality.

Personal wants for high fps at the expense of graphical elements does not make something irrelevant or useless.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Frag and Digit like this.
  17. Worthy83

Worthy83 Member

Tonight's the night hey, last chance saloon, don't get a card tonight you might be without one till next year.

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  18. ThaShadow

ThaShadow Member

So who will have cards available for order tonight?

19. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Yeah I said pretty much the same thing to my missus this morning. I either get a card tonight or I join a waiting list and fuck knows when I get one.

If I get one tonight I'll go for it and just hope that the RT performance on the AMD's get better with drivers and game updates. If not I'll be keeping an eye out for a cheap 3080 (LOL) or might even sully myself with a 3070.. :Paranoid:

Worthy83 and hellaflush like this.
  20. Skramit

Skramit Member

I suspect all the usual players will have pre-orders up as per normal. From a few rumours on WP sounds like stock is still in transit and not ready to go for AIBs. I guess we'll find out.

From Whirlpool (read into it as much as u like):