AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. pH@tTm@N

pH@tTm@N Member

true, perfect storm really.

2. The Beast

The Beast Member

Didn't know we had an edgelord in the house.

[​IMG]

Kookooburra, ricmc and tired like this.
  3. Voltus

Voltus Member

Trizae likes this.
  4. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

They can afford to put that price on it when none are in stock. Makes good clickbait.
    I bet the price changes if they get stock. Notice that you can't pre-order to lock the price in.

Looking at the card details was interesting though. 267mm and 2.5 slots. That's pretty small compared to other cards, even the 6800XT, and especially the AIB versions. Might be useful for those with a need for a 6900XT that isn't huge. I wonder how well it cools, and how loud the fans are.

5. Digit

Digit Member

It has been known for a while the 6900xt and 6800xt reference cards are the same size.

At that price though... it's a good deal. As is the reference 6800XT.

6. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

Strix OC Liquid Review
    ASUS Radeon RX 6800 XT STRIX OC Liquid Cooled Review - Incredible OC Potential | TechPowerUp

7. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

So who is enjoying their new amd gpu? How’s the driver performance and stability? Worth the wait?

8. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Haven't had a huge amount of time to play with it though but the reference cooler is great for the XT, when I can hear the Arctic fans over the GPU that is impressive.

Have found a wierd bug? Opening up the display settings in windows causes the screen to black out every 30s or when I change a setting

PiNoY and echineon like this.
  9. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

So it's basically almost $1000 more, uses more power for all of 4 frames on average more performance... Either Asus did something very shit (likely) or AMD made one hell of a reference card (very likely).

Gotta be honest after seeing a lot of AIB reviews it makes me wonder why anyone would buy anything other than reference. Unless your talking like Red Devil cards, they seem to be the best AIB cards out.

Edit, did any of the shops list AIB cards lastnight or did they all do it on Wednesday? Only Scorptec seems to have cards listed, PCCG, Mwave, PLE etc. have jack shit, Umart removed all cards. Almost like they don't want us seeing prices lol.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  10. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

I got the email from Scorptec but the pricing is stupid, so have given up on even bothering with the 6900XT, just picked up a 3090.

ricmc, Gibbon and sammy_b0i like this.
  11. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

It's only a good price when you have actually closed the deal. The price on that link is certainly a good price, but it's not in stock and there is no pre-order option. If you could buy it at that price, or at least pre-order it, then hell yeah - but at the moment it's just click bait.

12. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

I'm so conflicted, hehe :D

13. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

Yeah, not looking for gaming,so coming from my Radeon VII I was keen on a 690XT as it should have been cheaper and very similar on performance, but now it's all stupid pricing it's making more ense to go ith NVIDIA and get the benifits of cuda support and optix in blender.

Maybe he next cards from amd will get pricing right and maybe they will sink some Dev time into blender to get hardware RT going and better opencl support in general.

Gibbon likes this.
  14. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Timespy GPU score: 18154
    Max Freq - 2650
    Min Freq - 500
    -100mv
    Memory - 2100

15. ThaShadow

ThaShadow Member

Nice, what was the stock score?

16. Digit

Digit Member

250 usd =/= 1k aud. And it's 4% out of the box, but the oc headroom is a lot higher, reaching over 2.7ghz. You having trouble reading with those green glasses on champ?

17. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

You realise I was talking about the Asus 6800 XT LC not the Powercolor 6800 XT Red Devil right... The Asus LC is a rip off compared to any other card we've seen, your paying a $500 premium on a sub par cooler lol. Red Devil or the Nitro+ is a much better deal.

Unlike some of you I don't give a shit what brand it is as long as it does what I want.

18. WarriorZ

WarriorZ Member

Holy crap mwave just posted my reference MSI 6800. I was a good 20mins late to place the order on launch night and it sat in processing ever since. I thought there was 0 chance.
    Not the XT I wanted for price/performance reasons, but I'm wrapped regardless!! Fit's my FD Meshify case with front mount radiator too! :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    raincloudx and RnR like this.
  19. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

The AIBs are pricing it higher due to a supposedly superior design and low stock.

20. RnR

RnR Member

And/or AMD is charging more for their silicon and/or has set an unrealistic MSRP for their reference cards.

Kookooburra likes this.