AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

We got any word yet on the Sapphire 6800 XT Pulse?

2. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Nothing yet

3. Phido

Phido Member

Here watch this.. Made me feel better about getting a 6800.. HDUB basically love it and think its the best card out of all of the stack from Nvidia or AMD.

Its about 9% performance difference between a 6800 and 6800xt. For a ~10% price cut. its highly unlikely you will ever pick the 10% by eye, its only in benchmarks. You get the same features and same memory. But its also much better power per frame. Being a two slot design, it will fit in anything basically, maybe better resale? Does it help if i show you 3060Ti's for over $1000?

335 GT likes this.
  4. antenna

antenna Member

Will watch later. But yeah, 6800 is probably a sensible choice for me considering my itx Ncase M1 & 600w psu. I also only need 60fps at 1440p.

Really I was wanting a 3080/3070 for RT in Cyberpunk but I'm sure I'll get over it. Can't justify pricing for the 3080 and there's no real decent 3070s around.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  5. Phido

Phido Member

I'm same boat.. Ncase M1, 650w PSU, 1440p. Initially it was the clearly the choice I should go with. Faster than a 3070, less power than a 3080, actually fits in the case, my only concern was encoding, programs that used CUDA etc. But for $100 there is the faster 6800xt just to mess with my emotions.

In the end I get worried that I would be locked into a AIB wacky expensive 6800xt that cost 50% more.

antenna likes this.
  6. boogerthe2nd

boogerthe2nd Member

Damn, I had them in my cart and was checking out, but went out of stock just before I completed :(

7. Malakai

Malakai Member

Speaking of powerful GPUs in ITX cases, I was looking at the AMD website for 6900 XT and noticed that AMD are recommending an 850W PSU. Which is interesting because it is more power efficient than the Nvidia cards but they only recommend 750W PSUs. Just interesting to note. I'm sure they will work fine in ITX builds with 750W PSUs just like Nvidia 3000 works just fine in ITX with 650W PSUs.

deevus likes this.
  8. R1TeAm

R1TeAm Member

It's interesting that the 6900xt needs an 850watt VS the 6800xt's 750 maybe it boosts longer or because more shaders needs more psu power for spikes, given that they have the same 300watt rating

9. PureFire

PureFire Member

Its because people will want to OC the 6900xt and AIB cards will also be factory overclocked, so the power consumption will be higher than these numbers from the 6800xt

6800xt.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  10. Malakai

Malakai Member

I had a Vega 64 overclocked and it ran at 330W with an overclocked 2700X at 160W plus the rest of the system all on a 750W bronze EVGA PSU and that was just fine. Anything 750W or higher from a good name brand PSU should be fine with even the highest end combo.

11. haza

haza Member

Just picked up a used 5700 XT for my new build...I've given up on these new cards, AMD and Nvidia both. I'll try again next year. Hopefully Cyberpunk will run well enough.

12. Roger

Roger Member

At this point, once I get the money for it I'll be happy to grab whatever is available at the right price.

To be honest, unless you're playing 4K or heavily using RT, I think any of the new cards are basically the same thing, most of the benchmarks have them all running stuff at 1440p, 90 - 100fps or above and at that point, as long as your GSync/Freesync is working properly, I doubt most people can even tell the difference, its just benchmark numbers.

Worst case, you turn a couple of settings down and your framerates skyrocket anyway, most games have sorta useless features you can turn on that do very little for image quality but tank performance and are only there as an option.

All we need now is more consistent stock, so it's not like a hunting expedition, lol.

13. RnR

RnR Member

Sony adopts CrossFire?

https://www.t3.com/news/ps5-pro-wit...he-death-blow-xbox-series-x-didnt-prepare-for

14. Roger

Roger Member

Gotta love that clickbait article title, lol

"Hey, Sony trademarked a thing which is probably maybe coming out in several years time, Microsoft should be worried"

15. ssnke

ssnke Member

Did you get confirmation?

I tried with a local pickup purchase, my order was refunded this morning. another waste of a few days..

16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

IIRC some 6800xt brands/models were requiring 850w as well.

Sapphire Nitro+ for instance is 350w and requires an 850w PSU.

17. Phido

Phido Member

My centrecom order is still in limbo. order status: Picking..
    Now looking skeptical. Maybe over sold stock, maybe expected delivery that hasn't turned up.

18. ssnke

ssnke Member

Not sure if its the same process, but from what i've seen of shopping express, jw & scorp.. Picking is a good indicator, its basically confirmed.

Once purchased it goes to pending = To be confirmed or possible time to refund due to cancellation or no stock. (1-2 days to process, the exception has been the pre-orders)
    if confirmed = goes to picking, since most resellers either have to go through their warehouse or drop ship, this takes a few days (especially since black Friday created a massive backorder)
    Once picked, goes to package and dispatch - usually the same day but then takes a few days for delivery

Phido likes this.
  19. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Refer counting chickens comments from yesterday :lol:

Phido likes this.
  20. antenna

antenna Member

Sorry to hear :(
    Yeah, I got an email just now saying it's ready for dispatch. Still not 100% confident.