AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Timespy_04122020_2.JPG
    Best of my runs from last night

boogerthe2nd and Phido like this.
  2. Phido

Phido Member

I'm noticing the 6800's and 6800xt's stay in stock longer..

Hopefully things will ease a bit on the 6800s..

3. RnR

RnR Member

AGESA v2 1.1.0.0 or later I assume.

nope likes this.
  4. echineon

echineon Member

which 6800xt sir?

5. boogerthe2nd

boogerthe2nd Member

My best run on 6800 all on air for comparison.

3Dmark 6800 14503.PNG

raincloudx likes this.
  6. ssnke

ssnke Member

There isn't much love for AMD compared to nvidia, these reference cards are going to be collectors, if what they say is true about no more being made, only AIB

There seems to be a logistical issue with supplies trickling down.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  7. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Puget systems did a bunch of testing with these things for content creation, here's the Review Roundup.

TLDR Nvidia is still better for basically everything especially in DaVinci Resolve, 81.4 vs 137.8 of the 3080. DaVinci has the biggest gap.

8. Phido

Phido Member

Still the 6800 are twice as fast as the 5700xt. So its a big improvement. Not parity with Nvidia but, a big big improvement.

NVidia still have an advantage in GPU compute stuff, but its not nearly as pronounced as it used to be. Apart from DaVinci, Premier and aftereffects the 6800's are inline with their nvidia counter parts (and ~50% faster than a 5700xt). So may improve with future versions of DaVinci. If you used Davinci all day, you would have to go with Nvidia, but now with the other stuff, not so much.

The AIB don't interest me at all. They seem to be a lot more expensive and I don't really see a feature I like.
    I was getting worried about getting a reference card. I would believe that no more are getting made. The AIB can be priced at what ever, theres less money to be made on the reference design, the AIB can charge 40-50% more.

The Gigabyte 6800xt and the Gigabyte Gaming OC 16GB Graphics Card are a great example. $450 difference.. For what? Dual Bios? Gigabyte RBG? Eh?

9. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah massive improvement over the 5700xt but also a much more powerful card in general lol.

DaVinci clearly needs to be optimised for AMD, 17 was just released so maybe in the next few months they'll update it. Then again DaVinci is a pro program so I don't know how much time they'll spend on AMD until they take much more market share back and really push for professional use.

10. Phido

Phido Member

Looking at it now. It would seem there isn't a huge amount to tweak for.. At 10-20% tweak would see it around the 3070/2080ti. The 3080 and 3090 are far further in font, but I actually think that comes down to their design and their huge memory advantage that doesn't really cache well with amd.

11. nope

nope Member

im getting a massive boner for the 6900xt plz be good, imagine if it hits 3ghz on air 0_0

OC d likes this.
  12. ssnke

ssnke Member

I'm pretty happy with the reference RX6800 as well done AMD.. I was very skeptical about the cooler & performance based on history..
    I was always nvidia consumer. However in comparison the RX6800 displaces less heat than my RTX3080 & RTX3090... especially in small cases.

I was 99% sure I'd be using the RTX3090 in my main 5950x rig being my first full ATX build, but the fact that AMD has more ram, best performance/ price has me set and sounds nice having all AMD now.. I can no longer justify a $3000 RTX3090 to $950 RX6800... If my XT order comes in, great!

Is Crossfire still a thing?
    I was about to buy another RX6800, but haven't seen any reviews.

OC d and RnR like this.
  13. RnR

RnR Member

CrossFire is not supported on RX 5000 and newer gpu's.

nope likes this.
  14. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Asus ROG Strix LC review:

He keeps calling it a "premium" product, clearly it isn't, it's a cheap piece of shit with a premium price tag :rolleyes:.

nope, d_prac and Bertross like this.
  15. nope

nope Member

its hardware unboxed their like a shittier budget gamers nexus

16. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah I'm starting to get annoyed with Hardware Unboxed (especially the monitor reviews). I don't care what Asus marketing wank says about that card, it's not premium, is cheaply made and over priced like a lot of Asus ROG stuff.

17. deevus

deevus Member

Not sure if you guys watched the video but he voices those concerns about if it’s really premium.

18. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Lol all ROG crap is a premium price, look the gear is good but its overpriced. Take the psu's for example, there seasonics primes which they stick a lcd on and there name, then charge an extra $200 for them. It's not shit gear but its overpriced in every case, your paying for the ROG name nothing much else in most cases. There not the only people to do it, but IMO alot of there stuff is only really only sticking a ROG lable on it. Really evga's kingpin cards and galax's HOF cards are the only real premium cards i can think of, i cant think of any other real mainstream makers doing the extreme stuff.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    SKITZ0_000 and nope like this.
  19. nope

nope Member

lol its not even a copper heatplate

20. metalrain

metalrain Member

If you actually watch the video, he questions the build quality and cabling of the fans. Says it's overpriced for what is.

Digit, deevus and nope like this.