AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

2. Malakai

Malakai Member

Umart had them for $1299 the other day. I almost settled for one. It's a mad world at the moment.

3. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yep seen that. People pay it as well which is why the prices are stupid :rolleyes:.

Anyone watercooled or seen watercooled cards? Wondering how these respond to liquid metal vs normal TIM.

4. RnR

RnR Member

In regards to where our cheap AMD gpu's are... well... they are in a shit load of consoles;

https://wccftech.com/sony-reportedl...ipments-to-reach-16-18-million-units-in-2021/

Suspect Microsoft will have similar numbers of shipped units :(

335 GT likes this.
  5. echineon

echineon Member

Damn I missed this one... Anyone selling their ref 6800xt soon? :D

6. robdiddy

robdiddy Member

Is it worth buying the 6900xt over the 6800xt? :D

7. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

3090 performance for 3080 price.. up to you if you can justify 1700 (and can find one)

8. robdiddy

robdiddy Member

Thanks! I did reserve a spot for 6900xt not sure if I want to go through with it since placing an order for a 6800xt

9. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Member

Really happy with the build quality of my reference 6800, feels solid and weighs a lot. The card is a tad faster than my 3070 was and does it while staying cool and quiet. AMD has nailed it this generation.

10. robdiddy

robdiddy Member

Awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on the 6800XT! After watching reviews and benchmarks all day, its head to head with 3080 :) I don't care about ray tracing just a gimmick feature.

11. 335 GT

335 GT Member

AFAIK Trixx boost doesn't work on ultrawide resolutions.

That may well change though, originally it didn't work on any dx11 games.

12. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

13. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  14. Nian

Nian Member

Couldn't you just use this?

radeon boost.PNG

15. RnR

RnR Member

16. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

So if I'm understanding that right the minimum PSU / PSU most of us have is way the hell lower than the actual power draw... That's really not good. Seems like it's far worse with Nvidia cards though but AMD ones have insane peaks.

Edit, would be nice to have a translated version though.

17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

List of games that support it is basically... Overwatch, Destiny 2 and PUBG

18. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I only have a 1440P display, with a 5700XT Nitro+, but the limited number of options with Trixx make it about the most useless piece of software ever IMHO. I want it to give me some control over volts, frequency, memory etc, but it has none of that at all. Just a few resolution settings, hardware monitor, RGB. POS. The only reason I even have it installed is that it controls the RGB (on cards with RGB) and the hardware monitor is moderately useful.

BIOS switching is potentially useful for some I guess, but I'd only be switching BIOS if I'd borked one of them with a custom BIOS and needed to go to the backup, which I'd obviously have to use the physical BIOS switch for anyway, if I can't get a display in Windows to have any chance of actually loading Trixx in the first place.

I might use the hardware monitor on my new 7" display (currently in the mail somewhere), as a dedicated off screen display built into my case. Or lash out and pay for the full version of Aida64 for a much better and infinitely more configurable hardware monitor. - which is probably what I'll do eventually, despite generally being tighter than a fishes arsehole by nature.

I can't think of anything else to use Strixx for that actually matters, once the RGB was set to my liking, which took 2 clicks initially and all done. Runway, full brightness,1/2 speed, and the number of steps to colour change slider all the way to the left, perfect :thumbup:.

I'm a set and forget person when it comes to RGB, most of the time I can't even see my GPU so it's not something I have a lot of use for - when I finally finish the damn custom case I will absolutely have no use at all for RGB. I even installed the latest version last night, from 7.5 to 8.0, just in case it had more to offer, but nada. It reminds me of Nvidia GeForce experience, helps force you onto the latest drivers and shit but functionality is limited.

I want it to be like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X, something actually useful. Its a shame, I am a huge fan of Nitro + cards, I want Sapphire to offer some decent OC software to go with it :(

19. Malakai

Malakai Member

The Adrenalin drivers have the overclocking built in, it used to be called Wattman. Just use that, simple.

20. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Yeah I use Wattman sometimes. I just would have preferred to have everything in one package. Trixx is so disappointing.