AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

2. robdiddy

robdiddy Member

3. nigwil008

nigwil008 Member

The PowerColor RD 6900XT OC was $1800 but the Gigabyte 6900XT OC is $2200? aren't they basically equivalent hardware?

4. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Seems someone actually bought it (or they just took it offline for a while to make it look that way)... Lets see if someone's willing to pay $2300!!! at Scorptec. :/

Serious fan boi territory at those prices. may as well just go all in and get the 3090 for a couple hundred more at those prices. There's no advantages to amd at that price.

I'm ready to buy a new card, but damned if I'm paying that much. Especially since I need a water block on top of that. hah

Elchupacabraj likes this.
  5. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

At this stage RDNA2 is going to be retro by the time supply stabilises...

Ck21 and Beetroot like this.
  6. Nian

Nian Member

Well for now. It's nice to have. Admittedly I am enjoying playing older games with no frame drop with it. But how nice is a solid high fps with everything max.

7. r3s

r3s Member

I've been wondering lately how computer parts companies are staying afloat currently, everyone seems to be out of stock of everything you would build a mid range system out of.... what are they actually selling?

8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

the rare stuff at 150% rrp and saving the parts they are getting for the higher margins of a prebuild :)

9. WarriorZ

WarriorZ Member

10. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  11. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Are dual 8pin cards a disadvantage when pushing 6900xts? or do amd have power limits locked down hard enough to not actually go past ~375watts without major effort anyway?

Seeing a few aftermarket cards pop up (nitro+, xfx black etc.), and not sure if I should just jump on one now and try get a waterblock later, or just keep waiting for the liquid devil to pop up and take out a few birds with one stone.

12. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Well the reference 6900 XT only pulls around 250w on average, up to around 350w ish when seriously pushed and manually clocked, undervolt just 100mv and you'll drop 40w easy without losing stuff all boost speed. The Red Devil says it can pull 480w but seeing there's hard locks on basically everything, good luck pulling over 375w regardless.

From what I've seen a lot of companies are putting the extra 8 pin on to force people to use 2 cables from the PSU instead of those splitter cable thingys that have 2 8 pins on a single cable.

13. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

I didn't see much difference in overclocking potential between my Red Devil 6900 xt / reference...

SKITZ0_000 likes this.
  14. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Same here, the most I have really seen is 350W using More Power Tool, I had the same results on both the reference and Red Devil. The extra 8 pin doesn't seem to do much, most of the difference is in binning and cooling capacity. It's not a case of 'locked down' it's just a case of hitting the frequency limit of the card before anything else. The VRM's on the 6900 XT are more than enough for that kind of current.

15. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

gah, well... there was a bloke a couple suburbs over selling a reference model 6900xt, so I'll just grab that.
    Means I can just order an ek waterblock and have this whole thing sorted out and back to collecting dust in no time. :D

16. Triangulum

Triangulum Member

ASUS 6900XT from Umart officially dispatched! Now to wait for CPUs to arrive... :leet:

17. ssnke

ssnke Member

Whose received the scorptec "special NOV preorder invite SORRY you missed out but GIVEMEYOURMONEYSucKr Preprepreorderpurchase" ?!

I just realized it's been almost 2 months since they took my $1269 and now the card is listed $100 more.
    I had followed up in Dec, their reply was that it could be 3weeks to 4months until it's processed... They have to honor the original price right?!

18. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Even though its only a 6800, not an XT, the price of the card on the lower link, the Nitro+ 6800, would be tempting me if it were in stock. I've never pre ordered anything though and I'm not about to start. I managed to pick up a 5900X a couple of months ago, I got lucky on one and couldn't resist. I'd planned on just hanging onto it in case the 5950X turned into a Unicorn, I was going to just leave it in its sealed box to make it easier to sell later.

That didn't work, I relented and I'm now using it.

I hadn't planned on buying a new GPU for at least another couple of months, but if a 6800 Nitro+ were to pop up at that price I would probably grab it in spite of myself :lol:

Trizae likes this.
  19. PJDeane

PJDeane New Member

Yeah, they have to honour the original price. I'm in the same boat, had an order up within 2 minutes on reference night, then ordered a Sapphire. Finally paid for it this morning after they FINALLY gave me a queue position (apparently at 36). No way was I sending them money to sit on before they confirmed my queue position wasn't behind thousands of orders for a bunch of mining Rigs or some shit lol.

20. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Wouldn't be mining rigs, these apparently mine like shit. Scalpers people who want an upgrade and all the new streamers :rolleyes:.

My friend over the last few weeks spent almost 10k on pre ordering cards till he ended up getting 2, reference XFX 6900XT and Red Devil 6900XT. He should be sending me the reference 6900XT this week :leet:.

USB-C to DP

Edit, almost forgot for those who wanted to know about USB-C to DP, it does work on our G27Q monitors, my friend tested it last night for a few hours, no problems in RDR2 or general usage. I'll be running it on a Dell U2414H when I get the card, see if such an old monitor will accept it.

But like Nope said, AMD could pull an Nvidia and drop support for it in future driver updates.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021