AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

2. blublu

blublu Member

3. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

4. Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko Member

It arrived! :D

[​IMG]

5. sanjay

sanjay Member

looks like prices of 6700 XTs have risen across the board. Was umming and ahhing about getting in line for one of the XFX ones at PLE. not even sure why given i have a 3060 Ti that is totally fine.

6. Slug69

Slug69 Member

I purchased a 6800xt yesterday. Going to mine with it until Ethereum dies. This is the biggest friggin card I have ever seen. (The ASROCK non taichi one.) It runs fairly quiet though so am pleased. Will game on it when mining ETH dies. $1800 is a good deal for a top video card. The shop I bought it from also had a 6900XT. (they don't mine any faster so didn't bother getting the ultimate in gaming performance.)

7. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Are they that expensive now, I thought the $1400 I paid was a bit of a rip.

8. Slug69

Slug69 Member

Well, it isn't a rip off you are using weight and size of video card for the dollars spent. We can use them as anchors when they wear out.

arasta and RnR like this.
  9. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Any GPU costs way more than is reasonable with the current stock shortages. That's one of the many reasons I lament the theft of my rig. I'd just fitted it with a Sapphire Nitro+ 6900XT. MSRP is 2000 Oz bucks but they are fetching more than 3 grand from scalpers if you can find one at all. I paid 1700 for mine from a mate who had bought 2 of them. I'll never find another one at that price, if I can find one at all.

10. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Any of you guys mining with these things?

11. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

12. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

I mine on my card at idle. I just have the global profile set to 1500@800mv, 2150 fast timings, then I manually add the games I play and set their clocks, makes it all pretty seamless - just happens in the background.

Power usage on the GPU reports about 145W, typically it brings in around $6-$10/day - sitting at $8 at the moment. I could lean it out a bit, but this is super stable in the desktop/media or for low end games without profiles, super quiet, and I don't mind a few watts of heat coming into a Tassie winter. This card and my other PC have pulled in $1800 in the last three months since my last withdrawal, which I'm looking to put towards a spicy new laptop via NewEgg - hoping the price can hold until there are some rdna2 options :p.

mAJORD likes this.
  13. RnR

RnR Member

WarriorZ likes this.
  14. Slug69

Slug69 Member

Yes. On NiceHash.

Incredibly disappointed to see it (Asrock 6800XT) has 3 x 8 pin connectors when it draws 50W less than a 3090 that uses 2 x 8 pin connectors.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  15. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

what model is that? and what are you getting out of nicehash $ wise? Seems incredibly low whenever i've looked at the estimators

tried lowering your clockspeed more (and Vcore ) ? from what I can tell anything over 1100 is a complete waste. That said, 1500 @ 800 is pretty good!

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  16. Slug69

Slug69 Member

I am getting 61 MH/s on a mild tune. It can do 63 but wasn't that stable - I am very inexperienced when it comes to AMD underclocking/overclocking. It is the non-Taichi one. One thing I like about it is it is very quiet; will probably migrate this one to my son's PC and put the 3090 that he currently has to a more dedicated box that is HiveOS. Hive OS's Absolute Core Clock feature is a game changer for set and forget running. The 6800XT is a monster at 1080p gaming which my son's monitor is. (It's an AMD Freesync monitor as well). I just need to get a GPU anti-sag bracket for his case.

17. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

yes, solo card they are amazingly quiet mining with optimal settings.. Mine even shut fans off briefly.

i'm running 2 6800's side by side currently, and it's a bit of a different ball-game. need some risers to mount them further apart , or put up with a little bit of noise to keep second card temps in check (probably the later)

18. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

yes, solo card they are amazingly quiet mining with optimal settings.. Mine even shut fans off briefly.

i'm running 2 6800's side by side currently, and it's a bit of a different ball-game. need some risers to mount them further apart

19. The Beast

The Beast Member

You can do so much better than that to mine at idle.

Follow the video below to lower your minimum core voltage even more (down to 612mV). Ignore what he says about getting the bios in linux, you can now easily extract your bios using GPU-Z.
    Lower core to at least 1150Mhz.
    Run mem as high as you can (I can do 2150) with fast timings (as you are).

With teamredminer I'm averaging 62.5 to 63 MH/s at 101 W. Core temp 61C, Junction Temp 67C.

That's the right range, luck of the draw with memory overclocking I think.

Slug69 likes this.
  20. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Thanks, yeah I get about 62MH/s on these settings. I used to run it at 675mv, and have done again when I've been away. The problem is that it's not entirely stable in windows/in games, especially with how Radeons scale their boost, even by just enabling the lower voltage range in power tool, I'll get random crashes in game. I think this is because when the card hits a frame limit it drops voltage and clocks back to idle levels momentarily still with a heavy game load, even with a custom game profile or with static clocks.

At the end of the day even going down to 675mV is only saving about 20W (for me that's all it was) and causes a significant inconvenience so I just don't find it worth it.

Yeah I have been lucky with a pretty decent binned card, it has more in it than that as well. Basically as above, I have trouble with enabling the lower voltage range so this is about as low as I can reliably go, then I just have higher clocks set because why not. The frequency doesn't seem to impact power usage so I may as well leave it somewhat high.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Slug69 likes this.