AMD Navi 2x (RDNA2) Speculation and Hype thread

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SnooP-WiggleS, Mar 6, 2020.

1. RnR

RnR Member

Yup. Expecting 10-15% higher clocks with heavy power usage.

2. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Maybe this Rage mode thing if you have 5000 CPU and correct mobo combination? :)

3. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

More like $1700-1850 for a 6900XT is my guess.. our local distributers love to look after us :)
    Their Ebay stores will be 2k+ if supply is short.

4. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Not that I'm in the market for a 6900XT, but if the prices get marked up that much here I'll be looking to buy a card from overseas for the first time in my life. I should be able to gather around $1k or so. If I can get a 6800XT either here or overseas for that, I'll be doing it. Otherwise I'll have to make do with a 6800. Having said that, if the benchmarks come out and show there isn't a huge gain to be had I'll probably just save the money for something else.

5. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

2250mhz at 300w, be surprised if the cards can't take an undervolt and a 20% power increase for another 100mhz

6. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Maybe OC headroom, maybe bigger card or maybe the power draw is way to much when pushed. I'd bet probably power, these are 300w cards...

Nethiuz likes this.
  7. Sledge

Sledge Member

Rage mode isn't about clocks, it's merely a slight power limit increase

335 GT likes this.
  8. RnR

RnR Member

In regards to AMD not showing a DLSS like tech, sounds like Microsoft is working on the foundations of such tech in their DirectX;

https://venturebeat.com/2020/10/28/amd-reveals-radeon-rx-6900-xt-6800-xt-and-6800-with-rage-power/

hellaflush likes this.
  9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

If DLSS was really god's gift to gaming we'd all be able to use a gtx2070 for the next 100 years and no one would care what the card's 4k performance was

10. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

I don't think 3rd party reviews can hide 50-75% performance gains over RDNA1 cards

11. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Loving the pricing discussion and speculations, all :thumbup:
    We should start a betting pool on eBay prices..:lol:

Ok. I’ll bite...
    (Promise I won’t feed the troll anymore after this post, just trying to help curb the blatant spread of misinformation on the internet)

What the hell are you on about?
    I’m either calling bullshit, and you’ve never used an AMD or AMD OWNED ATI card, or flat out user error.
    So which is it?

From AMD branding era alone, The HD 5000 7000 and R9 200 series were all competent in drivers and raw power.
    All the aforementioned series cards got better with drivers.

The only major driver fuckups of the past decade were after the Fury’s came out and they broke them in the December 2015 updates. And later on, like every second release of Vega 64 drivers.
    I can’t comment on Vega 7 or any newer because I switched over to Nvidia.

Idiots like you saying that the drivers were always bad make legitimate complaints and criticisms get flagged as fanboyism.
    So kindly shut the fuck up untill you have some idea of what you’re on about.

anarchron, Voltus and Nethiuz like this.
  12. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

My 6950 running 6970 bios was an absolute gun, loved that card... never had driver issues

I also find the "nvidia has game ready drivers on release day" interesting because I play new games when they come out and my experience with the 5700xt has been great...

I'm sure some of these people are just unlucky, I don't believe for a second that I'M the outlier though.

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  13. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Sounds good to me, either way, Rage it up!!!!
    Even with a power increase it will use less than Nvidia.

14. Photobounce

Photobounce Member

I'm about to dump all my intel gear on ebay and go all in AMD, what a strange year! When do I expect to see preorders? I want a 6900XT.

Nethiuz likes this.
  15. power

power Member

I'm so glad AMD haven't just lied there like a limp wet rag and actually putting in the effort, nvidia's pricing regime has been a joke (and retailer gouging even worse). It does shit me that good guy AMD will be dipping into the extreme pricing but at least the products are pushing forward.

Nethiuz likes this.
  16. NSanity

NSanity Member

All of this is assuming that AMD isn't lying and their drivers work.

But its a good day to be a consumer - Colour me pleasantly surprised. I still feel that asterisks to punch on with a 3090/3080 at their respective brackets is a bit sketchy, zero word on ray tracing and that AMD can fuck off with announcing announcements already please?

1. How much benefit is SMA (Ryzen 5k secret sauce)? The way its written, is a bunch of ram on the card useless because it needs Zen3 to work? (I doubt this but hey)
    2. What (if any) Edgecases occur because of infinity cache in current titles - New architecture = weirdness can happen
    3. Does RT actually work in a usable fashion - GN is feeling sketchy on this.
    4. Will you be able to actually buy one? Zen3, PS5/SeriesX and now RDNA2 - lets go TSMC

But if the cards fall the way AMD are saying they do - and Steve @ GN doesn't punch holes in everything - I may have a 5950 and a 6900XT in my future.

17. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

You might have misread me there. I was meaning that I'm aiming towards buying a 6800XT but if there isn't a large enough performance increase between 6800 and 6800XT to justify the price increase, I'll just buy a 6800 and save the money for a different component :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  18. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Unfortunately they have upped prices with 5000 CPU's, we knew if they won it would happen.
    With the 6000 GPU's it's pretty bloody good still, 6800XT is on par with 3080 with 6GB more VRAM for $50 less. Pretty happy with that!
    If the 6900XT really is as good as the 3090 for $500 USD less, then yeah AMD are being good guys here with pricing.

This would all be tactics to take over market share, i would bet 100% if they do that and win at performance next round prices will go to shit.

19. RnR

RnR Member

20. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

JayzTwoCentz confirmed that cards are already on their way to him for review. I haven't seen any news on an embargo. If drivers are final and reviewers don't give any shocking feedback straight away, I have a feeling that reviews will be much sooner than expected. It's not like AMD have to keep anything a secret, the flop is already on the table.

Nethiuz likes this.