AMD Radeon RX5000 Series - First "Navi" Cards

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by the_antipop, May 27, 2019.

1. nope

nope Member

yeah im counting on it, who would have thought amd would keep charging mining boom prices almost a year after... i hope the prices on navi drop ALOT like they did with vega

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

again its so good that after the 2nd gen of GCN cards AMD were not able to compete on the high end -- and HAVE -- this is a FACT

AMD HAVE lost signifiant market share because of GCN and not being able to compete

3. maxrig

maxrig Member

Really? How can you blame a company for extracting maximum profits? Blame AMD for being a non competitive company, GCN crap and all. AMD have fallen from the once top dog at GPU. What's up with people sugar coating AMD failures on their GPU divisions.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  4. maxrig

maxrig Member

Pretty much, HBM in a consumer market is such a dumb decisions. Hell , even Nvidia didn't dare to bring it to their consumer market.

5. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

yep and lets not forget Raja Koduri -- who designed this card could see this trainwreck coming a long long long way away and jumped ship to Intel before the dog of a card could be unveiled

6. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

You should apply for a job at AMD given your amazing insight.... CJ should head along with you.

Companies are sometimes competitive and sometimes not, they make decisions on architectures years in advance and if the architectures turn out crap they can't just whip up a new one.

AMD's issues started with Bulldozer, it didn't go the way they wanted, this left them suffering massively with funds and meant a single GPU arch for datacentre and gamers, GCN.

So now after some 10 years later they have put out there new CPU arch (where the money is) and have started building profits, this is flowing down to new archs such as rDNA, it all takes time to recover, in a couple of years I would say they will be back competing well in the GPU space, rDNA is a good step in that direction.

During this time Nvidia have pushed GPU pricing sky high, which they are within their right to do and people have kept buying them so here we are, and you all expect AMD to price their same performing GPU's $100-200 less than their competition, why would they?

Also, we all want competition, better prices etc, but turn our nises up when AMD offers a GPU that performs the same but maybe uses a bit more power, if people keep buying Nvidia then AMD wont built profits to develop new archs for better GPU's... Sometimes you have to look at the big picture if you give a shit.

7. maxrig

maxrig Member

You must be AMD spoke person? Company either fail or succeed.

Do you want a box of tissue? How cares about fairy tales.

How buys a worst off product? fanatical fanboys?

People buy Nvidia products because it's a better product , period.

You can't keep rewarding money for a fail company. Let it died off.. It's pretty odd everyone is welcoming Intel into the GPU market.

8. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

thants the thing AMD is crap and their cards arnt worth the silicon they are printed on

you give up SOOOO much going to an amfail card vs an nvidia card

to compete in the current market they need to be significantly cheaper or faster OR both -- with a card that is about as fast and about the same price as the competition, no killer feature to make the consumer want this card there is literally no reason only DOWNSIDES to choosing an AMfail card over an nvidia card.

9. RnR

RnR Member

Can we close this thread and give Court Jester his own 'I hate AMD and everything about it' thread?

nope likes this.
  10. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

Have said this many times before, I have had both AMD, Intel and Nvidia products, previous card was a Titan Xp and the Radeon 7 shits on it for what I do, but of course people only play games....

You guys get far to invested in companies, I just want competition and good products for the cost to do the things I need to do, I also seem to be far more rational than some of you, hell I can't even understand maxrig's comments, you both sound like children.

lol, I thought we had, but here we are again, trying to discuss a new product and all these lot do is dribble rubbish, the height of their intellect is to come of with plays on the company and product names.

SKITZ0_000 likes this.
  11. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

but I dont hate everything AMD

I have owned a 7970 (1gen and good GCN card)
    i also owned a trippled r9 290x set up (2ng gen gcn and good)

i have multiple amd based (failzen) systems here as well infact I ahve owned more amd products than intel and nvidia combined infact I have bought every family of amd cpu and most of their gpu's over the last 20 years( I only didnt buy a fury card -- as they were totally fail)

hell I even went to computex and watched AMD's opening keynote

12. maxrig

maxrig Member

Pretty much everyone here have bought different products from different manufactures, your point?

Really? I couldn't care less if Intel. Nvidia , AMD fail, another company will take their spots, if there are money to be make there'll always be a company ready to go. It seems like you're the one invested in companies financial issues.
    Have you look at yourself in the mirror lately?

13. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

lol, my god, I can't read half the shit you say but the parts I could made me laugh, good work.

14. maxrig

maxrig Member

Another one bites the dust?

15. RnR

RnR Member

Your chosen language says otherwise... failzen... amfail.

You have no such language for Intel and their current cpu's.

Sipheren likes this.
  16. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

thats because they are the performance leaders their products simply dont fail like amd's
    also AMD make a lot of promises and then simply dont deliver on those -- something Intel does not do

Azzan likes this.
  17. maxrig

maxrig Member

AMD doesn't make promises but it's their fanatical supporters that hyped up the products with every major releases with outrageous claims.

18. RnR

RnR Member

You should be in politics - you spin better than ScoMo.

19. nope

nope Member

because i built pcs when gpus where cheap and i dont have to dicksuck private companies ?

20. maxrig

maxrig Member

You don't need to suckdicks, just don't buy it. Unless you like sucking it, lol