AMD Radeon RX5000 Series - First "Navi" Cards

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by the_antipop, May 27, 2019.

1. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

This! At the very least if Vega had been released on schedule.

We would also have likely seen more competitive pricing

2. maxrig

maxrig Member

Pretty much. I'm expecting the RTX 2070 will be around 5% faster than the 5700XT once HardwareUnboxed do their +30 games benchmarks. You can pick up an EVGA AIB 2070 for $480 at newegg and it'll shit over the reference blower style of the 5700XT. AMD is bringing back 70db coolers for their fans.

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...tx 2070&cm_re=rtx_2070-_-14-932-091-_-Product

3. maxrig

maxrig Member

How so? The RTX card have been out for 9 months. People want competition, Nvidia is giving them ( if leaks are correct). It's good for everyone.

4. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

A 3rd Competitor will fix all of the problems!!
    Bring on 3DF... oh... :(

No good prices on GPU's are coming our way. Nvidia Bump prices up $400 because they can, AMD bumped prices up by $375 because Nvidia did.
    Guess what Intel is gonna do?

Face it, a Half way decent card is now going to be at least 700 dollaredoos!

5. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

IMO - these are the cards that should have been released initially. I get the economic/business reasons and secretly applaud it. Then I swear.

6. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Why are you expecting this?

7. maxrig

maxrig Member

Because Nvidia, Intel , AMD always cheery pick their games. Radeon 7 says hi. I usually minus 10% whatever they say.

8. maxrig

maxrig Member

Everyone wants cheaper prices but company will always price whatever the competition allow them at the time. You can't blame them for maximising their profits, blame the lack of competition.

9. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

These sort of statements are hilarious. "blamed on AMD" , like its any company's Duty to "Provide" something on a plate to you. at a performance level you expect. Be damned with the Engineering involved

This is not Reddit, and i'm pretty sure you guys are older than 15, why not try a posting with that in mind.

Metora and SnooP-WiggleS like this.
  10. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Sure. Everyone does this.. Anyone trying to get a good idea of performance is reading between the lines and looking at the AMD vs AMD comparisons. They are typically quite reasonable.

AMD claimed Radeon 7 was 25% faster on average vs Vega 64: over a range of games

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-vega-vii-gaming-performance-benchmarks-specs-official/

Actual performance when benchmarked?:

25% @4k 22% at 1440p

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-02...hnitt_benchmarks_in_1920__1080_und_2560__1440

25% faster @ 1440p
    https://www.techspot.com/review/1791-amd-radeon-vii-mega-benchmark/

So yes.. hello Radeon 7 indeed.

AMD claim the 5700XT is 31% faster than a Vega 56 across a range of games,

They also claim its 14% faster than a Vega 64 in a seperate slide deck.

https://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-and-rx-5700-graphics-cards-announced_212363

You do the maths from there if you like.

How much faster than a Vega 56 , and Vega 64 is the RTX2070?

SnooP-WiggleS likes this.
  11. maxrig

maxrig Member

coolroy and Court Jester like this.
  12. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Funny enough I am an engineer, working in development of cutting edge tech and Im acutely aware of these things and the effects competitor products can have on engineering development goals :)

I don’t blame nvidia - there’s no competition. If there was, they would be pushed to reduce prices or increase performance further or both.

As for claiming nvidia isn’t a better package - that’s just laughable. Gsync alone is far better than freesync (mm working down to 30hz rather than cutting out at 48 or 52hz). And there’s plenty more. Of course if you don’t care for these features, then you can take advantage of ‘budget no frills’ AMD. But to say the nvidia package doesn’t include more/better features is head in sand behaviour.

13. Perko

Perko Member

I agree with most of your post, but the bolded bit is delusion imo. The gamers that I deal with are close to a 70/30 split NV/AMD, and they all have Intel CPUs, and other than the couple of bugged releases NV did last year, the only software issues I encounter with them are STILL on the AMD machines.

The reason it's good to see their dev engagement becoming more of a priority is because from a gaming perspective, Nvidia have had them absolutely over a barrel on this front. I've seen the difference across a large number of cards and games, and while it's better than it was during the HD7000 and R9 2xx eras, it's still well behind NV.

14. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

munchkin1 likes this.
  15. bobsled

bobsled Member

You’d be the same type of person to write Microsoft as “M$”. You truly show the mental aptitude of an entitled child and it’s hilarious! :lol:

Good stuff though, keeping the threads alive with horsepoo will provoke responses. It just works!

16. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

and if you drill down to the games in your original link, are they the same results as AMD?

I don't think you read my post. The point games will be cherry picked is not lost on me. There a lot of games included in both AMD vs Nv and AMD vs AMD comparisons for 5700X in the slide decks for which to draw comparisons from though.

If Anyone bothered to look at the Radeon VII vs Vega64 results AMD published before the VII was released, you could have accuratly predicted the exact performance as being a bit below the 2080 (see my prev post),

17. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

And like wise with what has been released we can accurately predict this card will be a bit below the 2070

18. maxrig

maxrig Member

My point is, if AMD, Nvidia , Intel says in their slide presentation that they're faster than their competitors than everyone should take it with a grain of salt and minus 10% whatever they're quoting. In the AMD Navi slide presentation they're saying the 5700XT is 5% ( around there) faster than the RTX 2070.

19. maxrig

maxrig Member

It does not matter since AMD made a direct comparison with the RTX 2070 and according to the Interweb the 5700XT is around 5% faster than the RTX 2070.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  20. Sledge

Sledge Member

fixed for you

only ones who know for sure are AMD atm