AMD Radeon RX5000 Series - First "Navi" Cards

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by the_antipop, May 27, 2019.

1. maxrig

maxrig Member

Do you really trust AMD, Nvidia, Intel picking their benchmarks? Absolutely NO. Let's just wait for reputable third party reviewing sites. Bring on the benchmarks.

Sledge likes this.
  2. douver

douver Member

There has been instances in the past where the cards (admittedly rarer) were actually faster on release too than early benchmarks too, because of an extra month or two of driver/game optimisations. However to me the most optimistic thing about this release in terms of competitive flagships though is in the naming, a 5700XT likely means they are developing at least a 5800 and perhaps a 5900.

3. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

I wouldn’t bet on high end models this year, I’d say we will see a 5600/XT for the low end.

RDNA2 next year will be the 5800 that should be able to at least match a 2080Ti and be close in terms of power.

And yeah, it is still a bit shit that they are only just matching the nv cards still on 12nm, but it’s a start.

Will be keen to see what 7nm does for nv as well, hopefully the 2 start coming closer now as AMD have the budget to actually do something other than drag out gcn.

4. nope

nope Member

if the 5700xt was as fast as a 2080 or 2070 super they would be justified for charging inflated prices but amd is having a laff charging 500usd for a midrange gpu

5. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

I don't understand why it's ok for Nvidia to charge USD$480 for a mid range card but AMD aren't allowed to charge USD$450 for theirs? I am sure if Nvidia puts out this Super thing and it's USD$450 and beats the 5700XT AMD will lower the price to compete, until that happens they should go with the pricing that Nvidia set.

6. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

its not but the nvidia card is more justified at that price point this this card from AMfail

7. VL_BT1

VL_BT1 Member

How is nvidia more justified?

8. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

The guys is just a troll, I wouldn’t bother communicating with him or the other couple who just dribble shit in every thread related to AMD.

Just skip over their stuff and continue the interesting discussion :)

9. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Why does this thread have to go around in circles?

How is it that you don't understand the value from Nvidia vs AMD?

If not, just read previous pages.

10. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

It's justified in being more expensive Because it has RTX and you can buy Gsync monitors

Both of which are worth the extra $50USD + a performance hit [subject to reviews] , apparently

11. nope

nope Member

amd just cant in the high end gpu catagory lately, its not exactly a new problem i havent had a gpu from them ive liked since the 290/390
    Navi is a flat out dissapointing joke

12. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

no performance hi with gsync and it is worth the extra $50 and secondly the GPU die is larger and who knows maybe the dlss will become more useful in the future I would perfer to HAVE the option and not use it than NOT have the option entierly

13. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

I was referring to it being potentially slower than the 5700XT - hence taking 'a performance hit' from buy it instead.

14. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

There is NO chance the 2070 will be generally slower than the amfail card there may be the odd outliers where it is but it wont be the case -- evened own cherry-picked marketing showed it loosing in some tests.

15. asho444

asho444 Member

Amd will be faster than 2070 overall in games released in and after 2018, I'm calling it

16. luke o

luke o Member

Personally I don't think these cards will be available in high quantities anyway, not for awhile.

For some specific workloads like 4k video editing they're will be the best on the market for the price. I think niche buyers will snap up the first few months worth.

They do seem a tad expensive for the performance and power draw. As others have noted for gaming these will not quite be good value. AMD has tried hard but the 16GB RAM means they'll be expensive to produce and they won't be able to cut the rrp much and still make any profit. If they'd snuck under the 2060 pricing they'd be killer...

17. nope

nope Member

oh wow 2016 performance (1080 oc) for 2018 miners prices
    Ill hard pass thanks.

18. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

What cards are you talking about?

One is cheaper than the 2070 with higher performance
    The other is cheaper than the 2060 with higher performance

Both are 8gb GDDR6

19. havabeer

havabeer Member

There where a lot of things "called" in the early days of the F-U thread. A lot of disappointed people

nope likes this.
  20. nope

nope Member

oh wow one is cheaper with higher wattage and whirring blower fan (lmao)
    One is more expensive than the outgoing 1070ti/1080