AMD Radeon RX5000 Series - First "Navi" Cards

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by the_antipop, May 27, 2019.

1. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

still rubbish compared to gsync and @ $1500 its hardly cheap and still inferiour ( considering the gsync version does 1-144hz)

if im buying a $1500 USD screen im getting the better one. ( and you can probably afford teh nvidia gpu to go with it)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  3. d_prac

d_prac Member

People, this is what being wrong looks like.

Observe. And laugh.

4. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

and how am I wrong the gsync version of that panel is better( and its literallly the same screen that supports both gsync and freesync)

-- which makes the comparison and limitations of failsync even painfully more obvious even for blind freddy

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. flinchy

flinchy Member

El Dudrino likes this.
  6. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

7. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

1.Blocks are less than than 200
    2. By your logic one should only ever WC a 2080ti. Which ofc is nonsense. If like me you run a custom loop, you're putting the GPU in it regardless

terroristone and El Dudrino like this.
  8. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

The Ek block is $199 so you save a whole dollar

and yes water cooling does not make sense on anything other than the flagship card

people whinge about spending $200 on an intel processor to get a better product for gaming but you think putting a $200 waterblock (approx 33% the cost of the 5700xt) on a midrange card somehow makes sense

9. flinchy

flinchy Member

Cos.. this would be cheaper, and match the 2080 FE? $629+ $200 = $829.

$829 is less than $950 FYI

cheaper than the 2070s also and kicks it's ass up and down the street at this point.

and then there's also the less tangible reasons why... "Fun" being the biggest one

Having a nice looking setup is another. Severe noise reduction another.

El Dudrino likes this.
  10. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

Great indepth look at RIS that comes with the new Navi chips. Basically DLSS without the Nvidia BS, which anyone who understands how that works would know it could be done without the marketing rubbish and locking it to a vendor and game.

Bertross, RnR and SnooP-WiggleS like this.
  11. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

it does not match the 2080fe stock and your forgetting the cost of fittings tubing, pumps, radiators etcc which all have a coost the $200 for the block is not the only expense here.

the stock 2080fe makes more sense ( and soon the super) and you can then overclock that to get performance that is far above the water cooled 5700xt for a similar price and much less hassle

12. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

This watercooling logic is broken CJ, if someone is going to watercool a 5700xt, they'll be watercooling the 2070s or 2080 they were able to buy from saving money on the navi waterblock and spending that additional money anyway... the radeon still smashes these cards in price to performance.

13. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

Everyone should just block/ignore him, it’s pretty clear he and the other couple are just trolling for some weird kick, they aren’t interested in this or the zen chips and have no interest in logical discussion or just discussion around the cards and what people will or won’t be doing with them.

Obviously the 5700XT would be a great card under water, very good bang for your buck.

flinchy and El Dudrino like this.
  14. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

But it's not your looking at 2080 money and less performance and more hassle

Maybe but I would suspect it unlikely as the 2080 isn't a hot noisy mess

15. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

I've thought about the block feature, but what if he says something worthwhile one day :lol:

I've changed my mind from earlier, pulled the trigger on an all amd system, the 3700x and 5700xt should be doing their thang next week. Pocketed $400ish from what i'd previously budgetted at the expense of a few frames and rtx I don't give a hoot about.

RnR and Sipheren like this.
  16. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

I can show hidden if I really need to but I feel is making me stupider every time I read his rubbish, see, making up words now.

That should be a pretty killer system, specially for the price. I am keen to see how these chips compare to my TR in Blender/Premier. Very keen for Zen2 TR :)

17. flinchy

flinchy Member

What are you talking about?

It matches a 2080fe with a waterblock+OC, that's already been tested lol. Why are you saying it doesn't?

Also it's assumed you already have a CPU loop you just add this to. be pretty mental to build a loop just for the GPU lmao

Link me a $829 2080FE with warranty etc and I'll buy it.

18. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

I say it is under because it is under

and dont forget you can oc the 2080 as well and you still need extra fitting + tubing and potentially bigger / more rads so there is extra costs ontop of the block alone

watercoling a mid tier card like this makes absolutely no sense spend the little extra buy the 2080 and oc that for similar amounts of $$$

19. RnR

RnR Member

Clearly better than nvidia's DLSS. This is a really nice bit of tech. Possibly could enable 4k monitor purchases for those of us that keep monitors for 5-10 years at a time.

terroristone likes this.
  20. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

OH Ignore removes all his useless posts, awesome. Thanks.

flinchy and Sipheren like this.