AMD Radeon RX5000 Series - First "Navi" Cards

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by the_antipop, May 27, 2019.

1. SnooP-WiggleS

SnooP-WiggleS Member

2. Bertross

Bertross Member

I want to see a Gigabyte Watercooled one!

3. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Startrack are easily the most retarded courier in the country

According to them my EK order has been sitting in the courier's van since Monday morning and there it remains.

I want to watercool my 5700xt you dicks

terroristone and vladtepes like this.
  4. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Thanks SnooP-WiggleS

As I'll probably be using this very small mATX case I think a blower card is necessary (or at least the best option) to keep the internal case temps down. Happy to be convinced otherwise though if I'm wrong.

The MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Air Boost (that's a mouthful) card therefore is probably a good option and the posted link says "Availability will be roughly sometime in August, but some of these cards won't arrive on shelves until September". So hopefully it is this month.

I'll keep an eye out :) I wonder what sort of price we can expect for it?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  5. SnooP-WiggleS

SnooP-WiggleS Member

msi air boost vega was always the cheapest of the aftermarket cards, so going off pccg prices maybe a $699 launch price?, given msi 5700xt evoke is $729 and reference is $639 on sale price down from $679.

vladtepes and adamsleath like this.
  6. asho444

asho444 Member

the reference card really wasnt that bad, also it looks nice as hell

7. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

food for thought. im keen to see some decibel profiles.

8. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Sounds like good logic to me. :)

9. Azzan

Azzan Member

Personally I think 5700XT blower is pos like I mentioned on other thread(No RTX features, high 225W TDP, runs super noisy & super hot and drivers issues etc), I wouldn't pay $300 for a new one.
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/amd-rx-5700xt-pos.1270149/
    Anyway ordered RTX2070 for $595 delivered, it's only 175W TDP, comes with decent heatsink(Gaming OC model) so should run way cooler and quieter than 5700XT, 4 years warranty, and you also get two free games(Control & Wolfinstien).
    It also has RTX features!!! :shock: unlike AMD's dinosaur... :upset:
    [​IMG]

10. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

yeah that middle picture is convincing....:Paranoid:
    RTX? mmm is anyone actually using it?
    as for the 2070 price...595$ thats a decent price.
    cheapest one i can find is this:
    https://www.umart.com.au/MSI-GeForce-RTX-2070-AERO-ITX-8G-Graphics-Card_51205G.html
    ozbargain have had some ok looking deals...

11. cbjaust

cbjaust Member

that maybe however that's about the only frame you'll see per second. not to mention that nvidia's implementation of DXR is a dead end and will be obsoleted in the not very distant future. this is not 1997 when one company can shift game developers to their api like 3DFx did.

12. Azzan

Azzan Member

13. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

14. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Must be real sad for nvidia fans right now, trying to promote mid ranged cards features that the top dog cards cant even use properly.

terroristone likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Wow. Seriously.
    What the actual fuck is this post? Has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Just seems like an avenue to post some weird anti-AMD/pro-Nvidia agenda. Why do you include so many exclamation marks and emojis like a 12 year old?
    If you're going to use a comment like; "Personally I think 5700XT blower is pos". Have you used this personally? Did you borrow one from a mate to come to your own conclusion? There are actual people in this thread who have the card, including my brother (dahurldog) - and they all agree it's not that bad. So please stop randomly posting this shit. We get it, you hate AMD and love Nvidia (for some bizarre reason). Just stop please, it's cringey now.

16. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

He needs it, its the first time nvidia have released a card with more features then AMD, remember when they couldnt run bloom and AA at the same time, so sad lol.

Also remember how long they held onto the "SLI needs a special chipset to work" until it didnt which corresponded with the same time intel told them to eat a dick you can make chipsets for shit and then people for some reason agreed to put their crap in LCDs.... Short memory maybe.

17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

You'll need the 4 year warranty if it's a gigashite

Don't take the bait from CJ's dimwitted protege

terroristone likes this.
  18. Azzan

Azzan Member

I think AMD's greatest trick wasn't convincing some fanboys that AMD products are the best, it was convincing retarded fanboys that you couldn't ridicule the idea.

Me: Make a thread about why AMD 5700XT is soo shit by pointing out the facts with video reviews from reputable sites, so people that aren't informed don't get tricked.
    AMD fanboys: How dare you make a thread saying bad things about AMD card when we already have AMD worshiping thread.

Me: Mention it on AMD card thread.
    AMD fanboys: How dare you say those negative things? the fact AMD can barely match NVidia's last gen mid-range card(despite not having the latest features and much higher TDP) doesn't have anything to do with this topic! :confused:
    AMD fanboys: Do not talk about AMD card's extreme temperature/noise or driver issues, it's forbidden because it is hurtful.. AMD is Great! AMD is Great! AMD is Great!!!

You got me there, soz I meant "5700XT blower is pos" but even a 5 year old can figure that out by looking at the specs and reviews.
    - similar to RTX2070 performance, but no RTX features and much higher TDP.
    - similar to RTX2070 price but comes with shit blower cooler.
    - Gamer's Nexus - 5700XT is super noisy, worst stock cooler we've ever tested.
    - Linus Tech - 5700XT runs super hot, even crashes while sitting in a game menu.
    So I should just ignore terrible specs and expert reviews because RTX is totally useless, 5700XT blower runs super cool and quite according to AMD fanboys like yourself?

Honestly it's just sad to see delusional AMD fanboys claiming 5700XT is a great product. :(

p.s. oh btw even anime look better with RTX On :D:D:D

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  19. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

mmm. well. my experience with the blower coolers isnt good.
    so im waiting for a good cooling solution.

the powercolor red devil has the heaviest heatsink according to hardware unboxed right now.
    and the GB trifan solution is decent. (the one im looking at buying)

with the right cooling solution the temperature results during testing and gaming for the 5700xt are superb.

rtx is an irrelevant MEH. i guess the anime thing is interesting...

and driver teething problems. that is an AMD/ATI thing.
    I dont like monopolies. Im glad AMD have finally brought out a decent card (by which i mean one that is more power efficient due to the smaller process)

AMD fanboi? sheeet yeh. my little 1050 p.o.s. card is a protest vote against nvidia's monopoly and friggen ridiculous overpricing. :lol: shoulda got a 570...but bleh. whatever.

people choose what they want and are happy. up to them. NV have the lions share of the market anyway. they hardly need help in that arena.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  20. RnR

RnR Member

pffft... no fps counter showing... clearly nvidia is hiding something...

Azzan and terroristone like this.