1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

AMD RX 5700XT = POS..

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Azzan, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEKaBeer

AEKaBeer Member

He's trolling, he posted this on ozbargain as well.

MotoMan and MR CHILLED like this.
  2. demiurge3141

demiurge3141 Member

Pretty sure someone from AMD boned OP's gf.

MUTMAN, MotoMan, bob05 and 2 others like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

That's probably cos your Ryzen 1200 is bottlenecking the card. No offense but I'll take Gamers Nexus and Linus Tech's words over yours.

I know you are AMD fanboy, but you seem to be having plenty of stability issues with your 5700XT? :rolleyes:
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/posts/18290943/

Honestly for $45 price difference, I would pick RTX2070 over 5700XT any day, because:
    - latest RTX features
    - much lower TDP, runs much cooler
    - runs much quieter
    - stable, doesn't crash in game menu.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  4. Royalnine

Royalnine Member

For a moment there, I thought I was browsing through W****pool... :confused:

nope likes this.
  5. nope

nope Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    bob05 likes this.
  6. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

You don't need to go to there when we have our own thread on the shitshow that has been nVidia drivers in recent months;
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/...bridge-and-the-latest-hotfix-drivers.1267738/
    They are having to do a hotfix for each driver release FFS;
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocards-nvidia-geforce-vista-|-7.html

nope likes this.
  7. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

Perfectly happy with my old R9 Nano, does everything I want it too with Bethesda titles. The only game dev I'm interested in.
    Also still got my even older 2 x HD7870GHz edition cards still performing strongly in other boxes I have around the house. Uses GCN 1 architecture that came out in 2012, used in low to mid end R 2xx, R3xx & even R4xx series, that's about a 4 yrs life span for that design.
    AMD ftw! :thumbup:

8. nope

nope Member

9. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Someone needs attention.... again

These cards are actually quite decent, you're just being an idiot.

MUTMAN likes this.
  10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nope, it's even worse than there.

11. Xepper_Pepper

Xepper_Pepper New Member

^^ Someone has low standards.

AMD clearly have their focus on Consoles now. Which is fine. But denying that their PC products are anything other than absolute crap is just plain wrong.

Azzan likes this.
  12. asho444

asho444 Member

In what objective way are they crap?

Ratzz likes this.
  13. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

^^ Someone is a fanboi.

Please explain your rather all-encompassing viewpoint. Or is just the outright statement you made supposed to be somehow proof enough?

14. Xepper_Pepper

Xepper_Pepper New Member

15. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

I have a GTX1070 and think it's awesome because of what is does and I bought it at the right time (for about $550 when the AUD was up higher) and they are still selling for that price now (18-24months later). If I was to buy a new card today and consider "bang for buck" the 5700XT jumps out.

Most of the BS on the previous page is for the reference cooler models - whereas for the RTX2070 they all seem to come out with the twin fan array - so duuuhhhhh they are showing better cooling and lower noise.

Banging on about the "blower noise" is some little kiddies that didn't have some of the old school cards that would ramp up like a hair dryer during POST screens and then settle - I still have a Crucial X1900XTX (rare) that did that and will never sell it and I would seriously consider a 5700XT due to "objective factors" and not subjective stupidity, I'll leave that shit paradigm for the n00bs!

16. nope

nope Member

for what its worth gpus are poor value right now having barely any more power in the midrange than high end stuff had 2-3 years ago for around the same price
    Making them even more crap is AMD dragging its feet in the sand when it comes to DXR support and true next gen RDNA gpus (next year maybe? Who knows) making 57xt and the like kinda pointless to buy at full price
    Add to that a complete lack of a true high end gpu or low end sucks as well

mAJORD likes this.
  17. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the lack of a high end or low end (discrete) GPU, both certainly exist. Intel owns both of those, for now.

I do find it interesting that people are critical of AMD's marketing strategies. The bulk of the GPU money is in the midrange, and AMD clearly pretty much own that segment now, with the 5700 and XT trading blows with Nvidia's similarly performing cards but at a lower price point.

They also are wiping the floor with Intel in the CPU market, in particular the commercial segment, again where the bulk of the money is.

People on a tech site like this one are NOT the bread and butter of either the GPU or CPU market, whatever we may like to think. AMD are making massive inroads into the duopoly of Intel/Nvidia, and doing it in the spaces where the money is. They'll no doubt expand as per their marketing plan, it's working very well so far.

I have no doubt that Intel and Nvidia will fight back, but NEITHER of those companies have anything worthwhile in the pipeline for at least a couple of years, so for now, its AMD's day in the sun.

I don't get why the fanboi BS? I've had Nvidia and Intel for years, I'm happy to play the AMD game whilst they are in the winners circle. Why is that none of the fanbois, on ANY team, are not just happy to see some real competition once again, where competition has been seriously lacking for way too long?

The whole competition thing has one major set of winners ultimately - US :D

18. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

19. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

I actually thought the first part was decent and informative, then I burst out laughing when he started claiming ‘AMD cards are like an investment, they will get better over time as more features are adopted by developers and added in drivers’

Lol the classic amd fanboy rubbish ‘ok the card is very mediocre now but it’ll be better later, trust me’

20. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

But it's not, is it? Not at its price point. There will be other, higher end cards to follow. Whether they will be direct competitors to Nvidia's offerings remains to be seen, but they will also compete in a big way IN THEIR PRICE POINT.

Its like saying Daewoo is very mediocre compared to Lamborghini. A completely pointless statement. One is a much cheaper option than the other, and competes very well IN ITS INTENDED MARKET.

Does anyone really think a $600 GPU is supposed to be as good or better than a card that cost twice as much? You guys really need to step back aways and think a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.