AMD Vega GPU

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Agg, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bertross

Bertross Member

what games are you talking about? most of the reviews its sitting on 60. what LCD do you have

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_aorus_gtx_1080_ti_xtreme_gaming_review,13.html

Nothing here shows a decent 1080ti under 60 but two poorly optimised games and no where near 30 frames. If you playing 4k, time to turn off that silly AA setting beyond 2x. Most 1080ti's boost over 1900 without overclocking.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. nope

nope Member

DAyum

Wish i had $1500aud+ for a 1080ti and a gsync 4k

3. Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko Member

Just some of my personal experience with 4k here, you really don't need AA unless you're on a 40" monitor, for a 27-28" panel having AA off is fine and in some games it actually looks better when it's off.

I perfectly understand the need for having everything cranked up to the max but sometimes the drop in fps isn't worth the little bit of eye candy you get between High and Ultra settings and AA on vs off.

4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Cool cool...

5. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

Which is the point I was making. Not everyone has a 4K monitor, let alone a Gync one.

Most people just game at 1080p so for now (other than few outlier games) does it matter if you can game at ultra at 144fps or 100fps

Next year Vega RX and 1080ti will be sub $400 cards (after Volta or Navi) and decent 4k about $400 or with Gync could be $700 in two years.

So if you are on a budget like most people, it would be good timing.

6. Bertross

Bertross Member

Im definitely not the biggest fan of aa. I do tend to like the sharp look. Nor do i enjoy motion blur either.

7. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Errr people run AA with 4k? thought the pixels were that small with 4k that you didn't need AA...

8. Bertross

Bertross Member

Lol its propably on via that pos nvidia experience software. "Optimised" :p

Edit. Bloody hell this is the amd thread... :)

9. Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko Member

Motion blur is usually the first thing I turn off :p

Depends on the size of the monitor imo, with a higher pixel density AA isn't really needed and especially at 8x but that said if you are running a 1:1 ratio (around 40" iirc) then AA might be beneficial to you.

10. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Oh look its the typical AMD comment every time a new video card gets released :lol:

1. Maybe in 2-3 years developers will start to create every single game in DX12. And this won't be because they want to, it will be because Unreal/Unity and other engines basically force them to.

2. In 5-8 years those games will be released

That's the year 2025

Please understand that we have developers today who are making games in DX11 and will never be DX12

Then also understand that of the games that will come out soon in DX12, a lot of them will be terrible tacked on DX12 support.

Then maybe you will realise that by the time DX12 does anything for Vega, it will be too slow and not relevant.

Its basically irrelevant for 4k and high end VR today.

11. thecondor

thecondor Member

Do we have any idea of the pricing on the vega 64 yet? As in aus jacked up bullshit prices....:Pirate:

12. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

I believe no one really know. So far the only pricing we've seen is bullshit pricing if you get it along with a bundle of other shit.

Sorta like how Apple says iPhones are only $199 but you only get it at that price if you sign up with contract

13. Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko Member

RX Vega 56 is $399 USD
    RX Vega 64 is $499 USD

The bundle prices you are referring to are optional.

This was announced 7 days ago: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3212206/computers/radeon-rx-vega-64-pricing.html

I'm unaware of local pricing atm.

14. taldoren

taldoren Member

I seriously think you are underestimating how many are/have moved over to 4k.

15. Athlonman_2nd

Athlonman_2nd (Banned or Deleted)

x2, any kind of AA other than SS is trash. Can't believe people run it these days.

16. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

The only thing that the article says is that if you choose to get the pack the cards will be that price. It says nothing about the cards price if it was purchased as a standalone item.

If what they say about "caring" about gamers is true then they will jack up the price of the seperate cards to put off anyone but the most serious miners.

17. headin2001

headin2001 Member

I don't think there is a difference in price mate. The list is the list. Packages are a bonus.

18. Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko Member

It does actually, it's in the first few paragraphs :)

That's why I linked that article in particular because the information was right at the top.

19. lowdog

lowdog Member

Price gouging is still raging along on the RX580's....still overcharging $100 on what first release prices were....fugging miners.....hope the mining craze dies sooner rather than later. :tired:

20. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

nice marketing shots for amd. the 56 is a real contender for the pricepoint.

...aftermarket solutions add another 50 bucks i guess. so thats 450usd. have a soft spot for amd...now the market underdog, but their pricing structure for the 56 is right on the money imo.

i think nvidia will do some price tweaking to compete. and the volta refresh yada yada.

as for miners...who cares. from amd's point of view the more units sold the better. if i cant get a gcard for close to rrp i just wont buy it. :lol: