AMD Vega GPU

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Agg, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bertross

Bertross Member

Haha my 1080ti should be ready for an upgrade then :thumbup:

2. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Pfft pos is ready now.

3. thecondor

thecondor Member

Was pushed back until next year.

Launches march 2018 from my understanding.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

5. SiriusDragon

SiriusDragon Member

6. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

7. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Do not agree one bit. If you live in this country, you need to pay the local prices. You cannot pay peanuts but expect your house to be worth $1M. We've already killed local manufacturing, you want to kill retail too? So we are all just suppose to be real estate agents then? Common man, on top of that, soon enough all imports will incur 10% GST which makes it a level playing field.

Amazon is just a big warehouse that moves boxes. I'd much rather go into a store, buy over the counter, speak to someone in person and far easier to handle returns.

8. PRiME2007

PRiME2007 Member

Not interested in the card until its minimal $100 cheaper then 1080 standard. But then again I may need to wait until somebody makes a smaller version, or the Nano comes out.

One thing for sure, I'm 100% not interested in any price hike scams for a weaker videocard that guzzles the electrons.

9. Sledge

Sledge Member

10. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah, AMD already told us the pricing for these things so the higher price is just dickhead shops trying to cash in. I thought the price was a little insane especially when someone said a version in the UK was 700 something without VAT and 900 something with it...

These cards should be around $700 - $800 ish not fucking $949.

11. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Wants free market. Whines when free market doesnt go their way.

Grow up people it is what it is. If you had something limited in supply with high demand and the market could bear the price you would do the same.

12. power

power Member

no, I'm pretty sure most people wanted AMD to come out with a killer product at half the price so they could get cheap things.

A free market in this case has deemed that AMD has a competitive product and shock horror they are going to charge actual money for it.

13. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Free market has nothing to do with it, it's the fact the shops are grossly overcharging for the MSRP pricing, like I just said the Vega 64 in the UK is over 900 pounds, that's 1080Ti money, or simply $1500 AUD which is a flat out rip off.

14. joerandom

joerandom Member

Is there a fucking benchmark of the gaming cards yet? CBF reading the whole thread.. Sick of waffle and promises, hard facts in graphs come at me!! :mad:

15. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Only leaks, nothing official till release next week, I know the wait is beyond annoying and stupid now :rolleyes:.

16. power

power Member

the free market dictates that retailers will charge what people are willing to pay.

17. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

And people aren't willing to pay close to 1080Ti prices for a card that is 1080 performance and 290x power draw / probable temps...

On another note for those interested in a Freesync monitor, looks like you can fucking finally get the Nixeus EDG 27 from Newegg, $636 AUD but shipping is very expensive $161 to me :mad:.

18. power

power Member

if that's the case then it will sit on store shelves and rot.

19. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

They will be if the hashrate is as high as rumored :Pirate:

20. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Only the idiots, good miners take hashrate, power, card cost & heat into account before buying.

For example, lets say you do get 70MH/s with Ethereum on the 64 Vega, 450w (total system draw, single Vega card) at 21 cents per KW/h, that's $3.68 a day (currently) but difficulty will go up every day and it'll go up pretty high pretty quickly if thousands of people (not to mention big companies) jump on Vega so in say 2 months you could be down to $1.50 per day per card, cards cost $950 AUD, that means it'll take a year at least to make back your investment, that's a long time to make back an investment and with diminishing returns almost every day because of everyone else going nuts and buying these cards, short term sure you'll make some money, long term, may not really be worth the investment.