AMD's F U to Nvidia

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by lowdog, Dec 7, 2018.

1. weak beta male

weak beta male Member

i'd only buy amd products in winter.

but tbh i never really use heaters, im cold resistant and just wear more clothe

2. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

Fuck that AdoredTV guy spouts a lot of shit.... Some of yous really need to get off the Koolaid. Almost get more "real" info from sites like curry tech then this guy. The AMD GPU hype train never fails to disappoint.

On a side note, I really wish AMD would stop with this childish naming shit. First with the chipsets and now with this. All of a sudden all that GPP shit from before makes a lot of sense.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  3. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

It won't be $250 and it won't be under $500 in Australia.

4. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

"spouts a lot of shit.... "

he nailed RTX 2080 naming (while majority was stating it will be GTX 1180 - because "2080 doest make sense"), and few others as well, hes clearly AMD centric, but has some good videos there as well.

Also if AMD brings 1080Ti/2080 performance for under AUD $500, nvidia will have shitloads of fires to extinguish, it's not all about the high-end (very small overall market share). However considering how many people from GPU division left AMD in past few years, I'm still bit pessimistic about the new AMD GPU performance.

5. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

I really cbf watching that. Whats the basis for his claim?

6. OP
    OP
    lowdog

lowdog Member

Chiplets and 7nm...….watch it :tongue:;)

7. OP
    OP
    lowdog

lowdog Member

Remember a few years back when EVERYONE was writing off AMD and Ryzen...…...well!!!...….they have only humble pie to eat today....that is unless their arrogance is so outrageous they still claim it's a fail then there is no point trying to rationalise with the insanely deluded.

8. OP
    OP
    lowdog

lowdog Member

MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

Throw enough shit on the wall and something will stick eventually.

He also made a videos about how AMD, GNC and Vega was going to dominate because of the leverage with playstation and Xbox.... Still waiting.....

Once again the AMD hype train is going choo choo...... I'd put more money on the Intel dGPU at this stage. :lol::lol::lol:

10. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Well you might say that but then Ill go ahead and point to Bulldozer, Fury, Vega. AMD has a history of majorly overpromising. Even iwth Ryzen it was supposed to beat Intel and its still not on par with IPC or single core speed, only multithreaded loads.

power likes this.
  11. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

There is nothing to be hyped about these days, including new AAA games, movies etc....once it comes out and the benchmarks are out, then yes, until then, NOPE, as most of the time it results in disappointment.

12. power

power Member

is it really an FU in context of this....

So the equivalent of a 2017 card that was $US699 at launch is released in 2019 @ $250 (TBC).

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No one wrote off Ryzen, we all waited cautiously as AMD have made a lot of claims that have been rubbish (Bulldozer). Vega also underperformed, overheated and was sold well over RRP everywhere.

the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

13. havabeer

havabeer Member

Yep until bench marks come out I'll just listen to the hype train whistle off in the background as it chooch's past.

Pretty sure all this same stuff went on with Vega which didnt pan out too well other then the mining boom people.

Even the 2000 series from nvidia has a big train that didnt exactly fill all our Hope's and dreams either.

I know the price point is good, but they're still a generation behind if they're only looking at 1080ti performance

14. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Lets just not confuse "AMD promised" with "a bunch of over enthusiastic youtuber's promised" , then label it as the former though, as so often happens.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  15. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

What about in the context of a late 2018 card $699us... i.e. the rtx2080

16. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

But my 1080 Ti's installed now.... and has been for a year.

17. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

Surely AMD has learned to temper down over hype (even if it is not them spreading it) quick smart if AMD cant deliver by now.

Therefore this time it must be true.

18. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

a point which is relevant to both the good and bad sides of this discussion.

These cards are only the low end and midrange cards. AMD dont expect to have anything in the high end until 2020.......

hence the pricepoints.

19. cmi83

cmi83 Member

Not really sure I understand. How are they not at least competitive if it is way cheaper at a product "level" that the masses at least would be VERY happy using?

20. Perko

Perko Member

He's a fanboi clown. He makes shit up based on theoretical performance numbers without even having baseline benchmarking of the architecture.
    No better than the Intel and Nvidia nutters on YouTube, aim for clicks, even if it's from people there to tell you that you're a dickhead.
    As mentioned, who wrote it off? I was as skeptical as anyone else, given the shit show that replaced Phenom. Even Phenom had its issues with those frigging north bridges.
    But I'd say that 80-90% of the systems I've built and sourced since then have been AMD ones. No need to eat shit though, because like most reasonable adults, I don't make stupid statements like "I'd never touch [brand] with yours."
    Exactly, AMD learned their lesson after Bulldozer imo, Raja got a bit excited there for a while, but he also probably got the bullet.
    Nvidia have big margins on their shit, and they have a much better mindshare in the GPU market. I think it's been proven that AMD can change that if they walk the walk, because a lot of unofficial and retailer figures show really good sales on Ryzen, but Nvidia arguably have more capacity to compete on price than Intel do, so I think that AMD are still at a fairly substantial competitive disadvantage with Nvidia.