AMD's F U to Nvidia

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by lowdog, Dec 7, 2018.

1. nope

nope Member

AMD's real FU to nvidiots was having better drivers
    Nvidias are a fkn mess my hdmi tv still drops signal
    ladyboys? CJ ? Unbased and bluepilled!

2. nope

nope Member

lmao even Amdorked tv flipped on rtg
    How ill Navis ever recover?

3. RnR

RnR Member

When you buy a Navi card... you are our only hope...

nope likes this.
  4. nope

nope Member

lmao why i dont i sidegrade to it? Might do just that if it ends up faster...
    Not big navi next year since its poo but their next gen rdna based stuff not this poo

5. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

I dont think such a mythical creature will ever exist

6. nope

nope Member

i once downgraded from a 56 to 1080 and 290 to 770 because of thermals
    Worse things have happened

7. Perko

Perko Member

Must have been a bad 1080. I sold a 290 for thermals as well.

8. nope

nope Member

ye i had it repaired

9. Perko

Perko Member

The stock 1080 has a decent performance advantage in games over a 56, and 1080s overclock like demons with a lot of thermal headroom on AIB boards. I just mean the downgrade comment.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  10. power

power Member

watched to see Adored dump on AMD not disappointed.

TLDR - they are ripping off their customers and just taking the piss.

my take

If this was nv or intel they'd get raked over the coals but it's AMD so they get a gold star for trying.

Court Jester likes this.
  11. SnooP-WiggleS

SnooP-WiggleS Member

I guess adored is now not cancer now its against amd? :p

fyi I already criticized their navi pricing as crap like nvidia, as did the majority in this thread even most of the normally pro AMD people. Hopefully Moores Law is Dead is right that they'll drop the price in 2 months to counter Nvidia 'super'.

nope likes this.
  12. power

power Member

nah i still can't stand adoredtv

difference between amd and nv pricing is that nv have had a product that smashed the competition and still does.

amd are just matching price points because they can, if they undercut nv by a good amount like they are in the cpu space they'd get more than a participation trophy.

13. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Honestly if its on Youtube I don't take any notice of it, monetisation ruined any potential legitimacy anyone has, most videos have huge flaws that show they didn't do their research or put any effort into anything, its all about views.

I'm not sure why AMD would wait and then drop the price in 2 months, if they want to be successful they need to preempt Nvidia Super and release it at the right price.

14. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Mmm, but They are being dragged over the coals? Everyone seems in agreement the price is too high. The only real point of debate is that of Whether Nvidias price premium is justified.. in other words, whether Nv get the free pass.

They're all taking the piss. I'm not sure how you conclude only AMD is here.

Neither AMD or Intel are "ripping off the customer" however - there is no trickery, the performance, the price is on the table. Video cards are a non essential piece of technology.

15. power

power Member

they hid behind the costs of HBM and yield that's what I mean - adored gets all shirty and says it's clearly all about margin now - AMD the great consumer friendly competitor "good guy" just jumped on the money train. again.

nope likes this.
  16. terroristone

terroristone Member

Like others have also done, but you have to admit they need the money. We either sook about price of the products are not good enough....cant have both. Mybe support them, pay the price and let them inject more into R&D for the gpu side so we can get a decent card.

17. maxrig

maxrig Member

They pretty much can't compete with Nvidia Turing architects. Nvidia gave them a free ride by overcharging Turing with RTX features and you would expect AMD to handsomely undercut Turing in prices but they're even worst than Nvidia.

According to AdoreTV and their fanatical fans. RTX 2080TI killer @ $430 .. GTFO.

18. SnooP-WiggleS

SnooP-WiggleS Member

Agree I certainly would rather they had priced Navi properly to begin with, it's bad press and won't get the market share it could. As already stated AMD are in it for margins, wouldn't surprise me if they've figured they can sell Navi at launch to the fanboys at high margins 'founders edition' pricing and then drop the price later again be us$50 under what Nvidia do with a super/price cut. If AMD had launched at a low price Nvidia would respond with a bigger price cut than what they will now.

19. nope

nope Member

Because they are hyping up 2016 high end performance AT the same price as 2016 (gtx 1080 oc aftermarket)
    We've gone backwards in 3 years not forwards.
    If navi came out earler and cheaper id be like sick heres the new polaris on a new node with a new arch at a price that doesnt break amd or consumers wallets
    Yet here we are paying 2x what the cards worth for 2x worse thermals and worse performance than a 2070 in a majority of cases for the same price or more + no aib and shitty blower style again that nobody asked for.

I like AMD reference boards too but the blower is aweful and putting it on a midrange-high end desktop/gaming tier card in almsot 2020 is a joke, sorry i liked vega to a point as well but this blower design is aweful the card sucks power and represents bad value for money compared to a uv oc 56/64 used 1080 1070/1080ti

I mean for gods sake my uv oc 2080ti uses 200-285watt max so at worst thats 50 watts more than a 225watt (i bet the boost/oc most will push it deep into 250-300+ to keep clocks up on that navi) card from a entirely new node half its size (16/12nm turing vs 7nm+ for navi) and a die 1/3 of the size almost

Its a turd it was a turd when raja failed to flush it upon leaving amd. Guess the PS5 and Xbox/ Gen 9 needed a gpu and they might as well sell it to pc gamers too thats fine its just what we got its sub par compared to amds own offerings as of right now.

TLDR:
    Over priced
    Overdrawing power
    Stupid outdated Blower Design that was dated years ago
    Dumb marketing (wow a 2070? Such progress!)
    Zealots hating on nvidia for no reason compared to AMD who havent innovated dick in gpu side of things since mantle/dx12/vulkan 2-5 years ago

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  20. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Honestly I don't think you could fit more fallacies in a post that size , Bravo. WR.

nope and Court Jester like this.