AMD’s Next Gen x86 High Performance Core is Code Named “Zen”

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Frontl1ne, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Bertross

Bertross Member

Dell "But but but!"

Amd "No!...NEXT!"

Actually if Dell wrote them a cheque summing up the the amount intel paid them they would. lol.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. chook

chook Member

I could see the next AMD board meeting where they debated cashing the cheque or framing it for eternal laughs at Chistmas parties to come. About 30 seconds later they would be cashing it because no matter how we try to paint them all companies do what they do to make money.

More on topic, I am interested how this plays out. My previous employer has been eternally blind to the fact people besides Intel make chips and I am fairly certain they are not alone. Granted AMD have had SFA to offer in recent history but even when the Opteron was king they were not considered because AMD are not Intel. I know that the current ICT manager there is quite a progressive thinker without any particular brand loyalty so perhaps with folks like that in charge opportunity might become reality.

3. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

4. MyReyes

MyReyes Member

5. Unframed

Unframed Member

6. imgunn

imgunn Member

Order problem

I Just got off the phone to Umart, i pre ordered a 1950x and x399 Taichi on the 2nd but theyre telling me they have 1. no stock and 2. no idea when it will be available to pickup.. probably 14-21 business days..

Does anyone know of anywhere else on the GoldCoast or brisbane where i might be able to get a 1950x and mobo from tomorrow ?

7. trippinonprozac

trippinonprozac Member

I pre ordered my gear from PCCG 30 mins after pre orders started and just got an automated email to tell me that my new ETA is the 16th of August... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. SiriusDragon

SiriusDragon Member

Sorry if I asked this before but would chilled water make a difference with normal Ryzen? Like say if I can drop the chip down to -10 degrees, would that allow me to go past the 4.1ghz 'wall' most Ryzens seem to have?

I know LN2 helps but well... I'm not going to reach anywhere near those sorts of temperatures.

It's kinda tempting to get a B350 board and a Ryzen 3 just to see how things go with overclocking.

9. bobsled

bobsled Member

Yeah either the disties or AMD are to blame here... Scorptec are the same with shipment date slipping until the 16th as well.

Would be nice if we weren't treated like a backwater; might order from Amazon instead.

10. trippinonprozac

trippinonprozac Member

You will probably have it delivered before I get my pre order :(

11. bobsled

bobsled Member

That's my thought, although it costs roughly the same to import from Amazon I might order regardless as there's a good chance it'll actually ship today. We might be in for an endless ETA situation in Australia... (like previous NVidia gpu launches)

12. trippinonprozac

trippinonprozac Member

mmm starting to wish I did the same. I guess pending reviews tomorrow I can change the order to x299 if its a flop haha!

13. Scarecow

Scarecow Member

Could always check out scorptec, it does work out more expensive to order from amazon for the threadripper cpus but the mobos are like 150 cheaper

14. bobsled

bobsled Member

To get both the Zenith and CPU delivered I'd pay a fraction less than local, if I went with super uber shipping. Scorptec also have an inflated stock date of the 16th (dude confirmed on the phone that the plane order hadn't even arrived at the disty)

:thumbdn:

15. PureFire

PureFire Member

So 11pm AEST we get to see some real benchmarks. At least according to Hardware Unboxed who said their video would be out then.

16. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

I am waiting with bated breath :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  17. glnn_23

glnn_23 Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  18. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

19. Bertross

Bertross Member

20. trippinonprozac

trippinonprozac Member

18th though!?! EK saif in their teaser they would be available at launch!