American Stonehenge: Monumental Instructions for the Post-Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Science' started by slipkord, May 12, 2009.

1. slipkord

slipkord Member

American Stonehenge: Monumental Instructions for the Post-Apocalypse (Wired)

Click to view full size!

I had NFI that such a thing existed, and in Georgia U.S.A. of all places!

Its the unique conglomeration of Stonehenge-like granite monument, astronomic design features, and the multi-language inscriptions of 'New Age' guidelines that I found interesting to read about.

Guidestone Messages

• Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    • Guide reproduction wisely—improving fitness and diversity.
    • Unite humanity with a living new language.
    • Rule passion—faith—tradition—and all things with tempered reason.
    • Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
    • Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
    • Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
    • Balance personal rights with social duties.
    • Prize truth—beauty—love—seeking harmony with the infinite.
    • Be not a cancer on the earth—Leave room for nature—Leave room for nature.

The first message seems a bit creepy to me - it would imply things like birth control, population control, maybe even forced euthanasia? Logan's Run comes to mind.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that we never get to the stage where this monument's message is read and heeded by its intended audience - human survivors of some apocalyptic event that need guidance for rebuilding civilization.

2. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Looks to me like this guy is responsible. :lol:

3. dohzer

dohzer Member

No euthanasia if the Apocalypse trims the population for us. :)

How about the second statement? Only the best human specimens are allowed to reproduce... at least that's how I read it. It's fairly ambiguous.

4. Whisper

Whisper Member

I think somebody took Plato's Republic to heart. :)

5. OP
    OP
    slipkord

slipkord Member

I'll have to check that video out when I'm away from the office...

Good point, that second statement is also a bit controversial to say the least.

I've come across a few other write-ups on the Guidestone messages, and almost all of them commonly refer to the second statement as bringing up the concept of eugenics and its negative racial aspects, e.g. racial policies and practices of Nazi Germany in World War II.

I'm not familiar with Plato's Republic - but Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason seems to be in line with what the Guidestone messages are trying to convey (to its intended audience).

6. Alpha2k6

Alpha2k6 Member

After some googleing i found this..

But someone else says they are built by Rosicrucians.

7. Whisper

Whisper Member

Well almost every bullet point could conceivably have been ripped straight out of The Republics definition of the Ideal State

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato_Republic

Enjoy :)

8. tyga

tyga Member

# Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

This is a sustainable human population, very sensible in my opinion, considering that at 6.5 billion, we are currently sending our life sustaining environment into an man made oblivion. Would it better to practice and ensure population control, or cause the extinction of the species due to rampant over population?

# Guide reproduction wisely—improving fitness and diversity.

Of course this is fraught with danger, as is life in general, but guide coupled with wise, helps to ensure that this advice is taken intelligently, logically and rationally, we might hope. What is the alternative though, no advice at all? Any suggestions?

# Unite humanity with a living new language.

Ok, seems passive enough, good idea.

# Rule passion—faith—tradition—and all things with tempered reason.

Sounds sensible.

# Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

Sensible enough. I'd have hoped we had gone beyond needing laws and courts, but I guess I just too dammed idealistic. :D

# Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

Fair enough.

# Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

Bingo

# Balance personal rights with social duties.

Take some personal responsibility for your own actions or inactions. Good idea.

# Prize truth—beauty—love—seeking harmony with the infinite.

Sounds pretty cool to me, but hey, I'm an idealist. ;)

# Be not a cancer on the earth—Leave room for nature—Leave room for nature

Say it twice just to make sure?

No nature, no humans. Simple maths. :D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  9. ndt

ndt Member

Maybe the guy that built the Coral castle in Florida had some spare time.
    Ed Leedskalnin I think his name is, apparently worked out the secret to anti gravity but died from cancer before telling anyone...

10. frieten

frieten (Banned or Deleted)

either way its a truly fascinating story and amazing someone would go to so much trouble to do something like this in this day and age.

11. dasicvtec

dasicvtec Member

Ive seen a lot of videos which refer to these guide stones as the template for the new world order.

Believe me, i thought nothing of this so called 'new world order' but then i just stumbled onto something, which then led me onto many more things. Its quite shocking and saddening when you read different opinions and also facts.

Im not very good with words but from what i can tell alot of the major things that have happened to humans in the 1900's (world war 1, 2 vietnam war) were all (at the heart of the matter) to make money - as in there would be one person financing both sides of the war.

Ill just give you a couple cold hard facts that should make you think.

Vietnam war - "In 2005, an official National Security Agency declassified report[3] revealed that the Maddox had engaged the North Vietnamese on August 2, but that there may not have been any North Vietnamese vessels present during the engagement of August 4. The report stated

t is not simply that there is a different story as to what happened; it is that no attack happened that night. [...] In truth, Hanoi's navy was engaged in nothing that night but the salvage of two of the boats damaged on August 2.[4]"

Got that from wikipedia but there is a source.

JFK Assasination - They say that Oswald shot him from a building, going in a downwards direction from left to right BUT when you look at how the bullet holes and exit wounds are shown, you can see that the whole on the rear side of the head is bigger then the front which means the bullet came in from the front going towards the rear.

There is a a film called the Zapruder film which is the only video that shows the original events although its not very clear. Some say it was the driver who shot him BUT the point i mentioned above should clearly make you think that oswald didnt do it.

911 - They have found nano thermite dust, from what ive seen is that its used as an explosive. Essentially, there is no reason that it should be at the 911 site - it should have never of been on the plane, or in the building but they have found it. what do you think ?

Theres alot of stuff out there but i dont think people are willing to look or they just disregard it. I can give you alot more info and alot more topics to research yourself.

I am truly a fan of Milton(bill) cooper - Read on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_William_Cooper

the reason why you know what he was saying was so true and so damning was that he was killed in Novemeber 2001. He had predicted that there would be an attack on America soon in June of 2001.

You should Read Behold a Pale Horse by bill cooper

Im not saying these things to say "do this or do that, i am right do what i say" - all im saying if you are keen, look into these things yourself and make up your own mind. Everything is at stake. (imo)The reason why the NWO has not been set in place yet is because americans still have the right to bear arms but that can all be fixed by a nuclear war i guess.

At the end of the day, Its not about Religion, its not about nationality its about FREEDOM.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  12. Ashpool

Ashpool Member