Amfibius Linguine Vongole

Discussion in 'Geek Recipes' started by Amfibius, May 16, 2009.

1. Amfibius

Amfibius Member

This is one of the most simple and delicious pasta dishes you will ever make. It only takes 10 minutes! Not counting chopping time of course :)

The best thing about this is - no exotic ingredients! Everything listed, you should be able to get quite easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ingredients (serves 2)
    - 400gm fresh linguine (I used squid ink linguine)
    - 600gm vongole (sit in salt water for 30 mins then drain)
    - 100gm chorizo, diced
    - 3 garlic cloves, minced
    - 1/2 a medium onion, finely diced
    - 1 cup of wine
    - 50gm butter
    - 1/2 cup parsley, stems removed and chopped
    - chilli flakes, to taste
    - salt and pepper

Method
    Bring a pot of water to boil and start cooking your pasta.

Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a pan. Add the chorizo and start frying until nicely coloured. Then add the onion and garlic and fry until translucent.

Add the white wine and chilli flakes then bring to the boil. Add the vongole then put the lid on the pan. Shake the pan every minute to ensure the cooking is even.

When the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan with the vongoles. Add the butter then adjust the seasoning. Toss through the parsley then serve:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scon

scon Member

Love linguine. Haven't used squid ink pasta before, will give it a shot.

3. evilgnome

evilgnome Member

Guess what Im making tonight? :lol:

Looks delicious.

4. Goth

Goth Grumpy Member

Looks absolutely fantastic, but to be honest I've never heard of vongole or linguine. Where can I get them?

5. Joseph

Joseph Member

Linguine is just a type of pasta. Flat like fettuccine, but narrower. I wouldn't worry about the type of pasta used as such, more so getting fresh pasta instead of the dried type. Of course, a flat type of pasta will hold more sauce.

Vongole are small clams. Should be able to find in most fish mongers. If not, most definitely at markets Springvale, Footscray, Queen Vic, etc.

Amfibius, did you make the linguine yourself?

6. OP
    OP
    Amfibius

Amfibius Member

Joseph nah I can't be bothered making my own pasta :) There really is no point, when I can buy fresh pasta so easily. I think I would only be interested if I was into making my own ravioli.

As for vongole - if your fishmonger doesn't have 'em, then you need to find a fishmonger who does.

7. salmon

salmon Member

And even then i would use gow gee/woton(egg) wrappers i have to make about 6 - 8 killo of Agnolotti and ravioli every couple of weeks at work its way to time consuming to make it by hand for the same result egg + flour= pasta:D