Android Music Player

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by haaaam, Aug 21, 2020.

1. haaaam

haaaam Member

Hey All,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem on android where their music disappears?

I've always been on android and experienced this issue since the Pixel 2 and now on the Samsung S9. In a nutshell I add music. Its there and accessible for me to play but after a few weeks songs, albums and even whole artists disappear.

What is even weirder is when I connect my phone via usb I can see that the files are still there on my phone via the file explorer but I cannot be seen via the music player.

I typically just use the stock google play music app but have used a few over the years to see if it solves this problem with no luck.

Googled the problem obviously but it just has people talking about losing their playlists in which case they reset the cache but nothing related to my specific problem.

Any ideas? As a result I'm close to caving and getting an iphone/building a hackintosh to manage my music.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

2. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

It's no doubt unrelated (and no help) but I have the same issue using AIMP on the head unit in my car. At first I thought it was deleting the music off the USB stick, then I thought it was just making the stick unreadable. But I've since learnt that it's just a PITA and if I restart the unit it goes back to reading the stick from the song it was at. No idea why it does it and never found any help on the net useful but I assumed it was AIMP doing it however maybe it's android.

3. OP
    OP
    haaaam

haaaam Member

So random. At the very least I know I'm not suffering alone

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I thought I had this issue with my S8 and S9. When I looked into it further I think it separates them automatically into playlists. What annoys me is that I added new songs to the phone and when my regular songs were playing it never seemed to get to the new songs I'd added. I found it puts the new songs into a playlist called "Recently added" and after a period of time they go into the regular all songs playlist or whatever it's called. Anyways I found the issue was along those lines, I certainly never found I lost files or playlists. For me personally all I want is one long playlist of all songs then I will just skip to new songs if that's what I want to do after adding new songs.

5. OP
    OP
    haaaam

haaaam Member

Dear lord the saga continues. Only a small fraction are only visible in play lists so I'm still lost

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Are you 100% sure you're not missing looking at a playlist? You have to scroll across to see them all. And every other music app is doing the same thing and missing the exact same songs?

Otherwise it's got me stumped.