Animation / Splash screen

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Digital Art' started by Arch-Angel, May 22, 2009.

1. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

TBH I don't really know who to ask for this sort of service, so hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a splashscreen or animation for a website/CD opening animation.

The clip itself would only need to be about 8-10 seconds in length and should go something like the following (broken into 3 screen board):
    [​IMG]

So, does anyone know:
    1. What sort of profession does that?
    2. Any idea on a ballpark cost? (ie, $100, $500, $1000, $5000, $10,000 etc etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. glasnt

glasnt Member

Personally, I hate splash screens. The development of a splash screen, however, can done fairly easily in Flash, not sure on your costings, however.

3. OP
    OP
    Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Doubt I'd even use it for the website TBH. I'm really just more interested in using it as an intro clip before a CD/DVD menu.

4. Luke212

Luke212 Member

what sort of CD? to play in your DVD player, or to play on your PC with interactions?

5. Shawry

Shawry Member

Depends on what style you are going for, but seeing that its only for a CD/DVD intro, I would quote roughly $3-400. Rather cheap, and could be upto a crazy $1-1.5k if you went to a video production studio.
    Its not a lot of work if you arent too fussy.

6. DanWA

DanWA Member

Get the shareware version of swishmax, its piss easy to use and will let you save as gif.

7. OP
    OP
    Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Both if I could get away with it.
    I'm a photographer, and usually give disc's for a range of reasons, but mainly:
    1. As a promotional tool - ie some basic portfolio and information. Main navigation would be done on computer.
    2. As a delivery mechanism - proof images etc. In this case it would be convenient for a lot of people to just put it into their home DVD players and run a simple av presentation of the images to a background music track.

Thing is, i'd much rather the polaroid look 'realistic' rather than your typical cartoonish flash animation.
    I don't necessarily want to use edited video though, CGI is still fine.

EDIT: Its hard to explain, but this is about the level of the animation that I would like. See the polaroid in this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2009