Another AIO thread Eisbaer 120+240 or Ryujin240? Asking OCAU for some help/experiences...

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by GDavid, Aug 11, 2019.

1. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

You had me at nicle brass. I'll grab one tomorrow (don't need anything else but I'll have a look)

Any pics of your build?

Seems like others are selling them on ebay au for 5 to 8 so I can price claim with my 28 degree card :)

Also sorry for high jacking the thread gdavid seems we are all on agreeance on which aip for ya though if mwave has it I'd get it off them :)

2. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

EVGA 1080ti SC2: https://au.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6593-KR

"stops the case sucking air at the seams": Exactly what I have in mind. :thumbup:
    Doh!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  3. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Yeah sorry for all the off-topic mate, got a bit sidetracked - nice to have a thread run in here for more than four posts, was getting a bit lonely! :thumbup:

I reckon you're backing a winner, 240 or 280. I used to run a GTX 690 and a 3770K off a 280 - no worries.

SomeBoredGuy thread's here chief.

GDavid likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

All good j', I speak to SBG quite regularly so I get that he's prone to distraction :p

SADLY, the Eisbaer 240 is only the old model listed on Aussie resellers as opposed to the possible 30 day turnaround from au.aquatuning
    Edit: maybe it's just the fans that change the model...

5. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Ah good oh - cheers lads :thumbup:

The difference between the 240 CPU and the LT240 is the pump block I think - the LT loses the height and res volume but is older, the LT uses the revised DC-LT pump - been around for a while, good for its size.

Confusingly, it seems fans vary across both families - some shows pics of the 240/360s with Pure Wings fans, others show the LTs and 240/360 with Eiswind (older) fans - the guaranteed way to get the Pure Wings' is with the Eisbaer Extreme, but $$.

CentreCom has the LT120 at $150, 240 CPU at $219 and 360 CPU at $259.

Before you go dropping $250 on an AiO though, do have a look around at the used gear, both here and eBay:

Fractal Kelvin S36 (used, Fractal re-brand of LT360)

Swiftech H220 (used, without tubes, cheap)

EK Fluid Gaming A240 (used, Aluminium - so don't go mixing it with copper stuff)

Bykski 240 Hardline Kit

EK L360 Kit (not bad buying at all)

I know the kits are daunting, but you're getting a lot of bang for your buck there! :thumbup:

GDavid, SomeBoredGuy and Bold Eagle like this.
  6. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

if he goes custom i can donate a xpsc 240 copper rad and help him :)

juzz86 ended up getting the bitspower for 7 more dollars just cause he didnt have the long probe sensor version :(

edit

also if you go Alphacool CPU u can always grab a copper rad with some fittings and add more RAD

cause moar rad = win :)

juzz86 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

juzz86 likes this.
  8. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Top job GDavid, should treat you very well and make an excellent base. Another 240 down the road and you're just as infected as the rest of us :thumbup:

That's good buying SBG, I do think the Barrow gear is very close to Bitspower without the logo - there's a lot of similarity in the fittings and knurlings/patterns.

9. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

Pump/CPU block and radiator, LT model has 25mm thick rad.
    I've messaged scorptec to try to include the 2nd PureWings2

Edits, edits everywhere...

149 for Eisbar 240 CPU -black, 17 per PW2 fan

UMart and scorptec only stocked model 1012137 (which is the older version without the PW2 fans)

au.aqua~ listed the model I purchased with PW2 fans @ $10.50 less than scorptec, but I've read so many (recent) bad reviews of them it was better to stay local and pay for the better fans...
    Also note the footer on au.aqua~ for the Eisbaer 240 CPU -black:
    Customer hotline
    For questions about orders or technical requests please contact us during our business hours by telephone: + 49 (0) 5207 95846 140 Mon - Fri.: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
    Email: info@aquatuning.co.uk

Note the German international prefix an the .co.uk email, sorry guys, yeh, but nah.

Alphacool's own site listings:
    https://www.alphacool.com/shop/sets-systems/eisbaer/20225/alphacool-eisbaer-240-cpu-black?c=20541
    • Article no.: 11285
    • EAN: 4250197112857
    Rad: Dimension (LxWxH): 278 x 124 x 30 mm
    Pump:
    • DC-LT Ultra low noise Ceramic – 12V DC
    • RPM: 2600
    • Voltage range: 7- 13.5V DC
    • Power consumption: 4W
    • Power connection: 3-Pin
    • Flow rate: 70L/h
    • Max. head: 0.85 m
    LT model: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/new-products/22106/alphacool-eisbaer-lt240-cpu-black?c=21228
    • Article no.: 11445
    • EAN: 4250197114455
    Rad: Dimensions (LxWxH): 270 x 120 x 25 mm
    Pump:
    • DC-LT Ultra low noise Ceramic – 12V DC
    • Rated speed (rpm): 2600
    • Voltage range: 7- 13,5V DC
    • Power consumption: 4W
    • Flow rate: 70L/h
    • Maximum head: 0,85 m
    • Power connection: 3-Pin

10. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Same pump? Fuckin' awesome, it goes well.

Yeah I noted the same about AquaTuning - the domain's just there to set currency and shipping destination I think, nothing more.

Done well on the fans at 17 each - that's good buying! :thumbup:

GDavid likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

And with the 30mm thicker radiator, plus the refill ability. :thumbup:

Just saw a 280 CLC RGB go on the FS for 90 p/u Sydney and don't feel in the least let down, having read so much this month I'm secure in my dollar spent value decision...

juzz86 likes this.
  12. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Those EVGA fans are a weird beast. They move a lot of air, but they move a noticeable amount out the sides, too. My DG-87 case came with six of their regular 3-pin 140s and they're not a bad case fan at all. I'd assume these ones went well too, but probably not my first choice on a radiator.

Don't sweat the buyer's remorse. You've made a good call - yours is easily maintained and will form the base of a lovely custom loop one day. Sourcing radiators/tubing/fittings to match will be far easier. That little pump will handle another block and radiator without much trouble.

GDavid likes this.
  13. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

yep the res can handle 2 240 rads a gpu and a cpu (source i tested it :D)

GDavid and juzz86 like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

Your advice on the Silverstone fans is good, they have released some great fans over the years from what I've been reading.
    Non-existent buyer's remorse mate like I said, done so much research on these my choice was the only logical one. All the other options were pretty well asetek, non-refillable and entirely closed loop as opposed the closed loop with options. Far better than the H80 as my first dip into WC, this will be much better at dissipation and also serve to remove heat from the case too whilst in the top-mounted position and very quiet with the pure wings fan upgrade.
    :thumbup::thumbup:

juzz86 likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

Bed time, up at 0500 :tired:

16. juzz86

juzz86 Member

SilverStone do - or did - make a great fan in the Air Penetrator (AP) series. Their 180mm units that came with Fortress cases were excellent, and still command a big price today. Their earlier 'golf ball' fans were good too.

Ah memories. My first water cooler was a CoolIT Domino - what a beast! Gave me a good run (I think I had it on a 3.2GHz P4 at the time), but I went back to air with a Big Typhoon for a bit, then Corsair started branching out so I got a H70. Still got it somewhere, was a real trooper.

From there - Swiftech, Corsair, NZXT, SilverStone. I had a lot of trouble with my Swiftech AiOs - the gear is pretty but the reliability is not - pump died on the H240, block split at a fitting on the H240X2. Left a bit of a sour taste.

After that it became hoses and pumps and stuff - my first real custom loop was in an old NZXT Phantom case about seven years ago, been sinking money ever since :p

GDavid likes this.
  17. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Damn I keep coming back to look at this case and I am seriously starting to want it!

GDavid likes this.
  18. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Go through the Owners Club thread at OCUK. Some awesome examples there. BigDave had a really nice one too, if you trawl back through this forum. Had a DC-LT in it too!

19. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

BigDave wuz here. Have a look at how tight a fit that Corsair H80 is with it's 120mm fans... Had to grind the corner off to give a couple of mm's clearance...
    It's a big thread, but well worth reading Bold. Temjin TJ08-E with the view panel has been great, really compact with Z170m board. You will need to be very clever when choosing a PSU: EVGA supernova G2 was a very difficult fit with a 3.5" hotswap, let alone a 5.25" ODD.

Coming from an anally retentive background as a Fitter and Turner apprentice who did first year at the Apprentice Training School @ AEL of DRCS, I can say that I was really impressed by Silverstone's case even if their measurements for clearances were a little "how you going?"...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    juzz86 and Bold Eagle like this.
  20. OP
    OP
    GDavid

GDavid Member

About to give Temjin TJ-08E case to my son after KeV delids the 7600K. I'll remove the HDD cage and am looking to an Eisbar 120 with PW2 fans minimum, he will be running a 980ti with 16G of 3200 (I'm hoping).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019