1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthem

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Tazor

Tazor Member

Figured I should weigh in on my experience. I've played a lot of Destiny and Division so I'm a fan of the genre and I got Anthem for free with my new 2060 and I've not had any issues with performance on the game so far, except for obviously the bugs.

It's weird though, cos I know the game has some issues, like the gun play and some combat elements just not being as tactile or fluid as Destiny, but I just can't stop playing it. Even with the limited content I just really enjoy the movement and flow of the game, and considering we're on an older build I'm interested in seeing what changes.

I think the UI is a horrendous port and the jarring loading screens shit me up the wall. It doesn't feel like a big budget game that's been in development since before Destiny 1, but goddamn I love the drastically different experiences and gameplay of the different javelins. Some of the guns like the heavy pistols and marksman rifles are actually a lot of fun, and I spend most of my time using abilities so I think the weaker gameplay aspects don't bother me too much... But I guess we'll see, I didn't pay for it so I'm not going to be out of pocket, I just hope the can deliver on the endgame content

2. BuD

BuD Member

Just tried the demo really wanted to like it. Also tried it on Xbox One X for a second go to see if I would like it on the couch and it was a bit more enjoyable there but it runs like 20-30 fps.choppy as shit

3. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

I tried to play it for a while, sucessfully played two missions, gave up trying to enter the third and uninstalled.

The first I was dropped into the mission right at the end of the match whilst people were flying around to do the puzzle.

Second match went ok, controls take some getting used to, had a good bit of fun really but the game randomly dropped the connection, rejoined and continued on.

Third match.. game was stuck on the loading screen... after having thoroughly demo'd the product to my hearts content, Alt F4, uninstall.

There is a lot of shit that needs to be changed in the game. I will not purchase this for a few months if ever.

And it's stupid simple things that drag it down, like being forced to walk around a static home base; dare I say, RIDICULOUS amount of microcustomisation; can skip the time wasting base animations but how about permanently disabling them?; The actual match was interesting but the PC control sensistivity is awful until you tweak it to your liking but still feels like a bag of shit; The UI is a fucking terrible clunky mess, it's like a minigame just to work the damn thing, push a keyboard button here, hold one here, need to do this in that menu before you can go there; not being able to change the menu element keys at all that are clearly still defaulted for console, and; having to click on a menu to access menu items you can already see then having to use a goddamn keyboard button to confirm everything in some menus but in others it saves your option?

The whole things reeks of slipshod console port. I don't like that. I wanted to love Yakuza-0 but it gets old playing something when it is entirely built around a controller.

TLDR, stupid cinematographic choices that get old real quick, a fucking horrible UI and the momumental disaster of releasing a "Demo" to have it trashed by PC users with control issues that should have been thoroughly done and dusted before release. For anyone that say's, we'll, it's a demo - sure is! the game is still in an alpha stage. The "full release" in 2 1/2 weeks will be the start of an extended beta, I bet the above list will not be addressed for months if ever. FTS, ggwp EA, I'm sure the execs will love the bonuses.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    OJR likes this.
  4. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah I think calling it a demo was a mistake, and a number of the issues reported are already claimed to be fixed in the release build of the game. But I don't blame you. It feels more like a polished indi game than a AAA title in development for 6 years with hundreds of millions of dollars invested in it.

5. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

And we thought EA's BFV staggered VIP launch schedule was a hot mess..... even over deluxe pre-orders.

[​IMG]

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

Mate this doesn't hold a candle to the Division 2 launch xD have you seen the sheer quantity of versions of that game? What happened to a game coming out on a date, and the people the cared rocking up to their local EB Games the night before to be the first one of their mates to play!

7. OJR

OJR Member

Yup and after all that time, the division is still shit. :D

8. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I think i'll just wait like a year and get this game for like $10. By then all the problems should be ironed out anyway.

9. power

power Member

be free on Origin Basic in less than 12mo imo.

10. Tazor

Tazor Member

I'm only playing at launch cos I got a new GPU and it was either this or battlefield V, and I play siege if I'm playing a competitive shooter lol

11. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Paying beta tester's, EA couldn't ask for more. Felt more like open beta test then a demo.

12. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I love this..

Pay $81 from origin, 100% profits go to EA.

You get the privilege of playing 7 days after gamers who purchased Origin Premier.

:lol:

13. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

I'll bet you $5 within 6mo!

Pinkeh likes this.
  14. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

that's the price i paid for Titan Fall 2, Battfield 1 and Star Wars Battlefront 2, the Sims 4 (base edition).

I dont feel too bad when games are $5 even if i don't play them.

15. boneburner

boneburner Member

So what happens when the main story ends?... Cataclysms

16. boneburner

boneburner Member

Marketing get Neill Blomkamp to make a short film based on the world of Anthem.

teaser:

The danger here is making the world look better than it does in-game - raising potential players expectations and making the work thats gone into the actual game look cheap.

Drizz06 likes this.
  17. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

That teaser has me more interested then the game.

18. Fai

Fai Member

Are you for real? WTF did I just read?

19. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

pre-load in 2 hours.

EDIT: Pre-load done!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    FerrisXB9R likes this.
  20. MrBS

MrBS Member

stay calm *deep breath*

When I left home it had 18 hours to go on the preload, it will be done by launch at least :p