Anthem

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Jun 12, 2017.

1. MrBS

MrBS Member

Fun times working through the missions and levels to cap so far. Looks to be fun to just run through the campaign at least. Remaining positive for the time being ;)

2. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Some said the same thing about destiny 2.... on release.

3. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I watched some campaign/story gameplay this morning while doing the laundry and this looks worse then destinys content.

Haven’t played it myself but after seeing it I don’t think I’ll ever have the desire too. Frostbite is pretty as always thou.

4. OJR

OJR Member

Yeah it took 2 years for that to become good.

5. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Did it? Actibungi lost me as a customer a week in and I sold my PS4 copy. Even when it was free on PC I ensured I stayed away.

6. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

I am just waiting a bit of time for the reviews to come out after being played for a while, too many times it's the over hyped games that turn out to be really bad. I was looking forward to it, but now not so much :(

7. OJR

OJR Member

It’s in a pretty good place right now.

8. Tazor

Tazor Member

That may have been a mistake, as the Forsaken update turned it into a proper sequel and at the time it was FTP it was thoroughly worth a shot. If you enjoyed the first, it's now worth looking at the second

9. Roger

Roger Member

I eventually caved and bought Forsaken, not paying any more for that game for the season pass though, lol, already feel like I had to pay for D2, both Y1 DLCs and Forsaken to actually get something that improved over the original game at the end of its life, lol.

Still watching anthem, it looked interesting as a game, haven't watched any streamers yet, but it feels like one of those games thats worth holding off on purchasing for a few months and let them sort out the kinks and add some more content.

I really hated the whole premier early access BS as well, if the game is ready, release it for everyone, don't just try to use it to force people to buy your online subscription, it'll be interesting to see if it backfires though, it gives people who pre-ordered a week to watch streamers and decide to cancel, lol.

10. Roger

Roger Member

The lack on buzz on here for the game is interesting, are there just not many people on here with Origin Premier? I know having subscriptions for everything is less of a thing in Australia compared to the US.

Those that have been playing it, what have your opinions been so far? I know personally I will be holding off for a while, most of the people I have seen elsewhere commenting seem to fall into two camps:

1 - The game is average at best, and they can list a pretty big list of issues and concerns about the game, and from what I have seen from those who have been streaming it, there seems to be massive problems with the game at this point, especially once you finish the story, free roam seems like a clusterfuck of loading screens, no map icons so you have no idea where events are or where your teammates are and just a general mess. The game seems to be full of loading screens at every turn (and I joke that they replaced the single infinite loading screen with an infinite number of shorter loading screens), weird bugs where you load in, get another loading screen because someone else is slightly too far ahead, and issues where cutscenes don't play, with the hub area feeling really lifeless.

2 - The second type of response I have seen is the frothing fanboy who claims that the game is the most amazing thing ever created, and anyone who has any kind of criticism (no matter how valid) is just a hater, I know we see these with every game launch, but they seem to be really bad with this game. I saw one guy on reddit, respond to valid criticism about someone trying to res a teammate, and they found that if they looked slightly away (to plan ahead, check for enemies) the res would cancel and they would have to start back again, someone took the time to respond and say "Because it's not actually released yet and most changes are coming the 22nd", my brain just broke at that point, I was going to respond but physically couldn't.

I'm inclined to trust the first time of person more than the second, because I have seen with my own eyes some of the weirdness with some design choices and how really really average the game seems to be. It sorta feels like how D2 was at release (as I said in the previous post), I fell in love with the game (despite it's flaws) and played it a heap in the first 2 weeks or so, it wasn't until I logged in after the second reset, did my weekly bounties and it dawned on me that I was done for the week if I wanted to improve my character gear wise. It sorta feels like the BS early access has just sped that up for me, because I can watch streamers that play way more than I do, speed through the game and hit that wall before the game even releases, and to me, that tells me that at this point the game probably isn't worth picking up until a couple of patches and more content is added.

It's not like its going anywhere right? EA isn't going to cut support of the game early if they have poor release sales figures, right??? Right??

11. MrBS

MrBS Member

Level 13 now lol, going to be a while before I can comment on end game :p Still having fun for the time being. Pew pew!

12. omen_child

omen_child Member

I'm having a great time so far. Got a little lost when the quest line turned me loose to free roam the countryside, but once I figured that out I'm back on track and enjoying myself.

During the demo I was frustrated with the gun play and the "bullet sponge" enemies, but having done a little research between then and now I noted that a lot of players put less emphasis on the weapons and more on the skills and combinations, and am having a lot more success with combat. Gun selection for me is more about what provides the right bonuses to other attributes, as really they're only useful for maintaining damage output waiting for cooldowns to reset.

13. nugget28

nugget28 Member

$55 on Amazon AU. Starting to get tempting at that price but still want to hold off and see how its looking in the next few weeks...

14. MrBS

MrBS Member

Got to the point where you have to grind out certain objectives to move the game forward, fortunately I've done the majority of them already, still I can see the bother, if I was much further behind I'd be annoyed.

I did the stronghold, that was fun times, hopefully the rest offer something similar.

15. japes

japes Member

There's never any hype here about anything.

This game looks like an avoid just like MEA. RIP Bioware.

16. bart5986

bart5986 Member

This game is terrible, I received access to the 10 hour trial from a friend after disliking the demo.

I've never played a game lacking so much content. This game has more fetch quests then MMO's. Literally the entire game is fetch this, then kill this mob of enemies that randomly spawn.

I thought it might be better later on so I spend 20 minutes flicking through twitch streams, some of which were end game.

Its literally the same, you fetch some things, and then you kill some things.

What makes things worse is many times during the campaign it stops you from playing missions until you do tedious grinding tasks like find and open 15 chests...

There is absolutely no redeeming aspect to this game, the story is one of the worst.

I really don't understand why anyone would choose to play this.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  17. Frag

Frag Member

Oh well RIP Bioware :( Engine looks great, GFX look great, gun play looks ok but seems there is no meat on the bone. I was hoping I would be pleasantly suprised but I guess that was a false hope. I'll wait for Div 2 and keep playing Apex. Actually having decent fun in that game though I hope the netcode does get a little better.

I've used the trick to get onto Sydney servers as above though not sure it helped that much :)

18. boneburner

boneburner Member

The meat on the bone is probably the live story - which wont kick off until March

[​IMG]

Having said that, we dont know how much content these live DLC will add to the game - or if they will be just more of the same.

19. japes

japes Member

This is the same bullshit drip-feed as Battlefield V and the game still feels nowhere close to release ready a good quarter of a year after it came out. It's not "DLC" or "Extra content" if it's been deliberately pulled out or released unfinished in the first place.

20. r8response

r8response Member

What trick is this you speak of?