Anthem

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Jun 12, 2017.

1. OJR

OJR Member

Back to Destiny 2 we all go.

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Pinkeh likes this.
  3. japes

japes Member

Good. It's a shame that Bioware will likely die from this but it's well deserved at this point.

You can put 100 amazing game developers together but without visionary leadership this is the garbage you get.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

That never really grabbed me either haha.

D.Frost likes this.
  5. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

So I've played 6 hours.

I'm on an
    * i5 4690
    * 16gb DDR3
    * GTX 970
    * 512gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Playing on medium settings at 1440p with ~58fps pretty much constant.

Loading:

Loading times, seen reports of people with like 90s - 120s loading times on better hardware than me... It's like ~30 seconds for me... There's too many loading screens for sure.

Destiny 2 you can open the director from anywhere and travel to another planet for a mission. With Anthem you're forced to go back to exit mission (loading) then go back to city (loading) open forge (loading) pick a mission (loading) then in the middle of the middle you go into something (loading).

The experience in Destiny 2 is a BILLION times better, with slightly longer load times initially with no additional loading during missions.

Bugs:

Experienced 2 bugs.

1) The cursor being stuck on the screen...
    2) Went into a mission (joined existing one) and it was broken, so it was stuck with people joining, walking around for 5 minutes, then leaving.

Game Play:

The dialog is TERRIBLE. Your own character speaks with the people she interacts with, and the dialog is just sooooooooooooooooo badddddddddddddd. It sounds so fake, nothing natural about it at all.

Fighting is ok, but alot of the time I feel like the bad guys do nothing but stand there. Destiny 2 they run around and hide and such, in Anthem, they just stand there. Unless you're in free mode by yourself in which case they get so much added power and do insane damage to you.

The game has potential, and I'll keep playing because overall I'm enjoying it. But it definitely has its faults.

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Between the comments from the last 3 pages I'm glad I waited.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  7. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Lol, Destiny 2 isn't THAT bad, but still made me laugh.

[​IMG]

power, ChinoPD, Pinkeh and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

I knew this was going to happen. I was hoping this would do really well but it seems otherwise.

Guess I'll wait to pick this up until the first few patches/expansions are released. In the mean time, if anyone wants someone to roll some raids with, I'll be in Destiny lol.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r likes this.
  9. Roger

Roger Member

From what I am hearing, the game sounds like it really needed more time in development (after 6 years even), you just can't launch this kind of game in such a bad state, people move on so fast these days, even myself, I am thinking I will probably pick this up at some point once its been patched and had more content, but I am likely to just forget the game exists and never come back to it and I'm not the only one.

I really do wonder if there is a story similar to what happened with Destiny 1 that will come out at some point in the future, where the game was nearly totally scrapped about a year from release and had to be cobbled together from what had been done which is why the game is such a mess at release. Though from what I hear, the story isn't nonsensical like Destiny 1 where there are story threads that go nowhere and it feels like it was thrown together at the last minute, the story in Anthem just sounds really poorly written and the conversation options are just there because people expect it in a Bioware game, not because the story was designed around it. I saw screenshots of conversation options where both choices were literally the same thing, and times where it wasn't it had no bearing on what happened, it was just there to make sure you were awake (they should have had a bell go off when you had a choice to wake you up, lol).

I was looking forward to the game so much, but between AC Odyssey (which I am 33% of the way through now) and the new POE season launching in 2 weeks, plus Division 2 which looks to be in a much better state, I honestly couldn't tell you when I will get around to buying it in future, if EA doesn't just quietly scale back development if sales are down. The funniest thing about the whole thing is that if it wasn't for EA Access 7 day headstart BS, I might have actually bought the game when it was released, because it looked like so much fun when people were first playing it, but then within a day or two the cracks really started to show and I started to lose interest and place it into the "get later in a sale" bucket, so by forcing me to wait a week, they let others convince me to not bother, I hope those extra Origin Premier subs were worth it, they lost at least one sale here.

10. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

Fairly amusing..and accurate.

11. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

I'm still playing, on console. It's not as doom and gloom as people are making it out to be. For all it's faults, of which I'm encountering a tonne less since it was released compared to the private and open betas, I actually enjoy it. I totally agree it feels rushed out, and has a LONG way to go to become a good game, but it's not actually the lemon I thought it would be. I think it holds some promise. But I've only been playing for around 20 hours, so end game I might reconsider.

12. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it's just impossible to hold 60fps on pc with a 1070 so..... :p

13. stevo4

stevo4 Member

The flight aspect of the game is not something new as this joker rabbits on.
    Tribes, anyone.

14. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

6 Years of AAA development at EABioware... just sad.

Here is the E3 2017 vs Retail compare video Joe used in some of his review.
    The E3 trailer explicitly claimed "in-game, real-time" footage.

miicah and xcessive303 like this.
  15. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  16. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

So pretty much the game is only good at 30fps with all the density of effects and geometry?

17. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Don’t know how many people still buy retail copies these days but the sales numbers for Anthem are terrible.

I can see some big ingame spending coming very soon :sick:

18. MrBS

MrBS Member

I'm playing at 1080p with everything set to max on a 1080ti, capped at 120fps (lol) and never dipping below 60fps but it spends the majority of its time in 60-70 range, the few times I've gone underground or caves it goes to 90-120. In town it runs the full range on 60-120 depending on where you are.

At 4K it was around 30 but not the best.

19. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

My laptop 1070 isn't fairing any better at 1080p. Will have to invest in a desktop.

20. OJR

OJR Member

... Or a better optimised game