Anthem

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Haha banned for opening loot boxes in the open world. That is delicious irony.

In Star Wars The Old Republic (another Bioware game) players discovered an easy way to score Tier 1.5 PVP gear (better than Tier 1.0 PVE raid gear) on an Ice planet. On this planet there was a base ownership minigame and flipping the base ownership in this zone was easier than actually doing the first 20 man raid on any difficulty.

There was a weekly quest that gave you PVP tokens, and then you can use these tokens to buy PVP gear to do Tier 2 PVE raid content.

Thus the base ownership flipping mini game was born. Also due to the population imbalance between the two factions, players often found it difficult to complete the weekly quest, so then the SWTOR community decided to form a truce. Anyone new to the planet's unofficial rules learnt quickly that nobody killed anyone in that zone because if they want their weekly quest done, they just have to be a good child and do nothing, as everyone likes easy loot more than PVP.

Also, Anthem is doing so well at retail that it is already sitting in bargain bins at one of Germany's largest retailers.
    https://n4g.com/news/2243602/anthem...elease-day-at-one-of-biggest-german-retailers

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. r8response

r8response Member

Not what he was banned for.

3. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I ignored what you said because it was absurd. It prompted me to read about the alledged exploit on reddit and it's still absurd. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  4. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Gladd unbanned but he's still fuming. Think he's pissed since he got banned but datto, mtashed etc didnt. Think they were all doing the same thing. Ea said they banned him for storm ult exploit but didnt show the email.

He said hes not going to play anthem anymore. Lol so stupid EA banning one of the few people who was promoting your game.

Although i think it could be an excuse to drop anthem streaming like mtashed and the rest.

5. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

The damage has been already done, it doesn't matter what they do now.

I hope they stop releasing 1/4 done games now because people are sick of it. Just take alook at BF 5 now and the half arse effort they're putting into it.

I wonder what mess of a game they're going to drop in 7-8 months time.

Pinkeh likes this.
  6. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Pinkeh likes this.
  8. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Pinkeh likes this.
  9. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Yeah, make a new loadout, and use the level 1 white gear as well as all your high level components. It's night and day difference.

So dumb.

10. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Lmao. So many people are going to be done after this latest discovery.

This exploit literally means that the best weapon in the game was the one you started with. It's getting patched of course but how the f did this pass QA / beta testing?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  11. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

should i pay the monthly or the annual fee for origin access premier and just cancel after a month if i don't like the game?

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Up to you. You pay up front. Annual means a whole years worth but cheaper then 12 months worth - no refunds.

Apparently the devs think a lot of this is fixed on March 12th... will see.

13. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

You'll have till the 12th to exploit this bug and risk getting permanently banned. Yep. Risk getting banned for using an overpowered level 1 white in the game. :D

14. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I guess a year is plenty but I'll wait till ant news of fixes appear from you guys!

15. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Anecdotal evidence that killing trash mobs and doing dungeons in free play is better for legendary drops and masterworks.

Personally ive found more mw on freeplay sessions than stronghold runs.

16. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Yeah someone mentioned on Reddit also, that mobs during EVENTS seem to be penalised loot-table wise, since you're guaranteed a chest at the end. So you're less likely to get good loot from legendary mobs during events. I can't remember if this was also applied to stronghold mobs.

Also, another titbit: If you're chasing a particular masterwork gun, damage a mob with a lower grade version of the weapontype you're chasing the masterwork for, then get a level 30 with a masterwork to finish it off with their masterwork gun. Higher MW drop chance of the gun you're chasing. Which seems to be true. Before I hit 30, I'd been teamed up with 30s doing missions, freeplay etc. And running around, I've received 2 masterworks already (at level 27 and 28), due to shooting mobs with a epic Relentless and the white Fulcrum, and now I have a MW Relentless (I don't remember the name of it) and a MW Fulcrum. Both during missions where I was concentrating on shooting a lot of mobs, with said guns, with level 30's using masterworks.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  17. boneburner

boneburner Member

[​IMG]

teehee

FerrisXB9R, Sankari and XanaTos like this.
  18. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Well 24 hours of Reddit spam comes down to this:

More Loot :)

Less Loot :(

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  19. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Yep. Apparently they did something serverside 24 hours prior to latest patch, which made it rain loot. People wuz happy.

Then the big bad patch came, and fucked up all those happy faces. :D

I'm annoyed that I really enjoy this utter clusterfuck of a game.

20. Perko

Perko Member

It'll be like their other recent titles where you have like 100 people playing it in the end, it's a great game, and everyone else raged out and refused to go back.
    I enjoy it too :/