Any Amateur Radio operators out there?

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by mhgarage, Aug 21, 2005.

1. vk2fro

vk2fro Member

Well I stupidly let my license lapse, and forgot to renew it in the 60 days they give you. Recently sent off the stuff to the ACMA, and should have a new callsign soon. In the mean time my toys have their microphones unplugged, and the TX is inhibited on the hand held, but this is how my little stack of gear is looking right now:

[​IMG]

Top is IC 7300, Middle is XTL 2500 motorola hacked to believe its an XTL 5000, and the bottom is a big old manual antenna tuner that will tune a piece of wet string ;) In front of the tuner is the little Wouxon handheld, which is programed with all the repeaters in australia (3000 memories), and uhf CB RX.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. Whoreof Babylon

Whoreof Babylon Member

Well, that was silly :D youl probably get your original call sign back, its not like they issue them flat out.

I like your setup, whats your antenna like?

I should probably get my licence sorted out, ive been lazy because i can use my professional qualifications and my commonwealth experimental licence to transmit on any frequency anyway.

3. vk2fro

vk2fro Member

Yeah it was pretty dumb, but at least I get to change my callsign! I didn't like the old one as people often thought I was an F call, until I told them I'm Advanced, and running 100 watts, and NO, I don't have a fourth letter :p

Antenna's are next. Due to space restrictions I have to replace the discone a X510 coming, and for HF I have a cobweb for 20-10, then I'll put up a wire for 30, 40 and 80. I also have one of those W8010 wires from Diamond for field days.