Any blockchain developers in the house?

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by Myst, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Myst

Myst Member

Looking to recruit for a small project I'm thinking of running, specifically want to develop something on the Ethereum blockchain but others are also great candidates.

Whilst I could probably do this myself, my background is infrastructure and project management, the more touchy feely side of IT.

Reply here or send me a PM if anyone is interested :)

2. Primüs

Primüs Member

I program using blockchain technologies for my primary project.

Is this 'recruit' = paid work, or 'recruit' = join the team as a founder for x% of ownership?

3. OP
    OP
    Myst

Myst Member

Hey mate, excellent to see someone on OCAU in the crypto dev space!

I would look to do paid and team to be honest, up for negotiation!

I'm looking to create a crypto kitties style game but on the NEO blockchain, nothing animal related however :) Send me a PM if you're interested we can work out some details, I still need to convince my artist friend to get involved.

4. Foliage

Foliage Member

How does a "blockchain developer" differ from a normal developer? Do they just prefer to use more buzzwords?

5. HairyMerkin

HairyMerkin Member

They'd need to know what blockchain tech is, how to use it, and it's limitations. Then they'd need to know the language that the EVM runs on (not normal programming languages)

6. Primüs

Primüs Member

Eh i get your point, but blockchain itself is more a concept / method, much like say MVC is, or even objective vs functional programming.
    Im using blockchain theory - but not any of the public or well known blockchains, i've written my own blockchain for the purpose of validating data in a private data set (for various reasons)

If someone came in saying they want an Ethereum blockchain developer specifically then i'd say more along the lines of - I have an understanding of it, but I've never used it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  7. waltermitty

waltermitty Member

solidity looks exactly like rust tbh