SOLVED Any Members able to read Chinese?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by ibace, Feb 27, 2021.

1. ibace

ibace Member

So...bought an item on AliExpress last August...was an issue with it; conversed with seller who agreed to refund but I had to return the item at my cost...feeling ripped off!

Returned and took months to arrive at Chinese Customs [even tho Aus Post used Air Mail] there it sat for just over a month...all the while the seller blaming Covid for the delay.

Initiated a complaint with Aus Post...next thing they advise me that the item is being returned to me [using Sea Mail] and once it was returned they notified me of its' return, and closed the case.

Definitely not happy...geez even the bulk of the bubble wrap had deflated by the time it got back to me...but there was a lot of Chinese writing on the labels...and that is what I wanted to have translated.

The seller claims the item was never delivered to him; I am trying to confirm that or see if it was just a matter of China Customs refusing the item? Don't know what to think...but not much I can do about it! Would like to see if there's an explanation somewhere...so if any Member can read Chines...PM me plz and I will send a couple of pics over...

2. havabeer

havabeer Member

Doesnt google translate let you take a photo?

3. OP
    OP
    ibace

ibace Member

will go that way as a last resort...you know about google's data mining crap...

4. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I can try. A bit rusty but should be able to work it out.

5. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Did you pay with paypal? Just raise a dispute. I once got scammed, from a "sale" on a phone for only $80, with an apparent RRP of 10x that, but the seller sent me bluetooth earphones worth only $20US. Seller tried negotiating "store credit" and said that the phone is no longer in stock (yeah right, probably never was). I demanded refund, and after some back n forth, agreed to a partial refund based on just keeping the headset, as it'd cost more than it's worth to send back, but around then I just initiated a paypal dispute, the seller pleaded for me to close the case, and so I closed it (temporarily, I thought)... but realised you cannot reopen or open a new case on a sale once it's closed... so I called Paypal and explained the situation, and they just upfront did a fuss-free full refund for me. I had the impression that they've dealt with that seller before.

So yeah, unless it's local, always use paypal.

6. philquad

philquad Member

i can, lemon chicken, fry rice, sweet & sour pork, does that help ?

7. clonex

clonex Member

i had some seller on amazon once try something similar saying im required to send the item($16 tablet screen protector) back if i ever received it after they gave me a refund.

i replied sure but postage from australia will be atleast 8 bucks so how would you like to transfer the funds:lol:

never got a reply and the item never turned up but i replied few months later "just an update, it still hasnt turned up."

8. Elmf

Elmf Member

Undertones of racism don't typically help lol

9. drunkntigr

drunkntigr Member

It's not only china customs, probably about 4-6 middle men inbetween. Would most likely have been outright by any of them purely as can't read the address or we're just too busy.

Aust post would be busy. China Post would be apocalyptic.

Wouldn't wallow over it too much.

I've had parcels arrive in 2 days via fedex, and the slow route normally takes 2-3 months, or not at all - especially if it's the china post/aust post route. Fedex has been wonderful though, but is literally 20-30x the price, but least it gets here.

10. miguelala

miguelala Member

The exact same thing happened to me last September.
    Sent item back AliExpress in china via Aust Post in September. It got stuck in China customs for 3 months, then sent back via sea postage taking another 6-8 weeks and arrived back in January.
    I Ended up sending via sendle.com (who use TNT or DHL for overseas. I Can't remember which one) and it arrived in 6-8 weeks without any issue for 2/3 of the cost. (Sent 28-Jan arrived 4-March)

11. miicah

miicah Member

What would you get from aliexpress that's worth sending back?

12. miguelala

miguelala Member