1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Any suggestions? Phone has cracked the sads at me

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Aratama_Bashi, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

Heyo

Have an Experia XZ2 compact that is 3.5 years old now. the battery level got really low despite being plugged in and charging - or at least appeared to be charging - the red light was on.

but then it died on me.

now if i put it on the charger, i get the red light, the sony screen for a few seconds, the quick vibrate to say its powered on, then it turns off. and then it's stuck in an endless loop of doing that before i unplug it and finally it dies again.

any tips on anything i could try? i just need some things that are on there. power + vol up gives me the 3 long vibrates, but again, it doesn't go anywhere :(

2. slavewone

slavewone Member

3. OP
    OP
    Aratama_Bashi

Thanks for the reply mate. i'm in no position to do this myself right now and seriously need a phone (2FA access everywhere!) so I think i'll rush out and buy a replacement and maybe come back to this down the track. cheers again

4. slavewone

slavewone Member

Yes, a replacement could be most convenient.

Is going to your local hole in the wall phone repair shop to see if they can fix it / will fix it with your supplied battery a more convenient option than fixing it yourself?

I’ve more than once got partway through fixing something and got more professional help.

5. OP
    OP
    Aratama_Bashi

honestly here, given how expensive everything is, i think im just better off getting something new over paying someone to even look at it :lol:

6. magius

magius Member

As mentioned already. Battery is likely dead, so either a new battery or new phone are your only options.

However if you need to get a few things off the phone, try charging it overnight. And try turning it on tomorrow with the charger still plugged in. Hopefully that gives you enough charge to turn on and grab what you need off it. Another thing to try is to use a more powerful charger. That may supply it with enough juice to run without the battery completely.

Good luck!

7. OP
    OP
    Aratama_Bashi

there might be a glimmer of hope; i randomly just plugged it in again, and instead of being in the endless startup loop, instead the 0% battery icon appeared!
    so i might ok yet - still going to buy a new one though. to have my phone die on me without warning like this has made me realise just how much the phone is the key to life now.... covid certificate - i cant go anywhere... public transport and uber... nope.... 2 factor auth.... nope, so accessing several sites is hard or impossible... .banking (cant approve transferwise purchases online)... fark! :tired: