Anyone able to repair z800i charging problem?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by pavlos, Jan 18, 2007.

1. pavlos

pavlos Member

Hey,

My z800i packed up and no longer charges...

It stuffed up about 2 months ago but a mate gave me a phone to use so I haven't really bothered at looking to get it fixed up until now. I wasn't sure if it was in fact the phone itself or the battery was completely stuffed (it was starting to expand) so I grabbed myself a new battery off ebay for $10, but alas its the actual phone charging mechanism thats gone bust.

Anyone is melb that is familar with this problem and is able to fix it cheaply for me please? I can't stand this crappy LG phone that I'm using at the moment lol..

Cheers

2. Mifferz

Mifferz Member

Could be the charger, i had to keep on twisting and pushing the charge plug in my ole z1010 several times until it started charging. Same with a $20 ebay battery I bought for it. If I bumped it a little, I would have to start the ritual over.
    Using v600i and I have to do the same but not as drastic. Tried my friends charger... slipped it in once and bingo starts recharging.

Or if all fails... just take it to one of those phone repair shops.

3. OP
    OP
    pavlos

pavlos Member

Nah, I've got like 4 chargers for it lol (1 at each place i usually stay at, 1 at work and 1 in car), and none of them work.

The jiggly thing is what used to happen to it but now it's gone completely dead...