1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else have leaking issues ek 90 fittings?

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Luno, May 2, 2022.

1. Luno

Luno Member

The swivel one, if it’s got the slightest it of pressure as in not an ideal bend or the tubing is a little long or short and pulling/pushing the fitting even slightly it seems to not want to hold pressure. It’s like the internal I’m assuming o ring isn’t able to seal correctly with minimal tension on the fitting. Thought I’d give them a go to minimize difficult bends and just seems to be the same and brand new fittings.

2. The Beast

The Beast Member

I use the Torque 90s and have had no such problems. I did have a leaking 90 once, can’t remember if it was EK or Corsair, but it was pretty old and there was a lot of play in the joint.

So these are all new? Are they all doing it? Definitely not normal.

3. OP
    OP
    Luno

Luno Member

two new two I’ve had sitting around for about a year but never used. Is hardline so does put a small tension on it but shouldn’t be a problem you’d think but all fittings do it. I can wiggle the swivels and they leak pressure on a pressure test but they leak out of the swivel like it’s not sealed properly

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  4. Wacko02

Wacko02 Member

yeah I had that problem with an EK Classic 90 swivel bend brand new as well. Was ok if no tension on it but as soon as you gave it a slight push, you could literally hear the air coming out when pressure testing it. The Quantum Torque ones were fine though, and only 1 of the 2 classics I bought leaked so used the other one without issues. Might just be a QC issue occaisionally?

Luno likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Luno

Luno Member

pretty cranky with it though, these were classics I’m pretty sure. Had spent half a day redoing the loop only to have to change it back because these fittings can’t hold pressure on their own swivels. Literally wasted 3/4 of a day for a part that is garbage 3 out of 4 do it

6. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

No probs with the Torque 90's here

7. Ck21

Ck21 Member

thats the reason why i dont buy rotary fittings. Doesnt matter how much easier they make plumbing together a build, If they leak, you cant fix the damn things and you goto back to square 1.

Luno likes this.
  8. Razorz

Razorz Member

I've had no issues with these Barrow ones so far. They are nice and cheap too.
    Compression fittings with short barbs have always been the leaking component for me :(

woja likes this.
  9. Ck21

Ck21 Member

i personally cant bring myself to buy another rotary fitting, doesnt matter which brand.

Ive heard nothing but good feedback about the barrow fittings :thumbup: in fact, ive just ordered a whole bunch of barrow 45° and 90° fittings (non-rotary) a few days ago :leet:

need to do some maintenance on my loop, and figured id try and clean it up alittle, put in new tubing, aiming for a cleaner aesthetic and hopefully better flow from a better/cleaner tube route :D

10. Wacko02

Wacko02 Member

just received an order of Bitspower fittings this week for my next build and they seem pretty well put together. Much tighter as rotary's than the EK ones, although that kinda defeats the purpose as they're bloody hard to turn when leaving the bend pointing the way you want. Not sure how you build without rotary's though, as you can't determine which way you want the bend to end up as it's limited by where it's tight, and maybe 45-90 of rotation at that point is all you have?

11. woja

woja Member

All my rotaries are Barrow ones too. Been going strong, no slop, no leaks touch wood

Razorz likes this.