1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone for some NFC?

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Sharkx, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

I came across an article about NFC the other day and it had a link to www.tagstand.com

So I bought a pack of 15 NFC tags. They havent arrived yet, but I've also installed their NFC Task Launcher. Allows you to program the tag to do loads of things, for example one in my car will turn off WiFi, turn on Bluetooth, turn on GPS and Navigate home for traffic. Or you can have a tag with your wifi details, so if friends come around and want to use it, they just have to tap the tag.

It will also let you launch Tasker profiles :thumbup:

You can buy them here, http://www.tagstand.com/pages/catalog

2. renagade

renagade Member

I'm interested in them, though IMO I'd only use 1 for my car.
    The rest is taken care of by Llama.

3. dave-

dave- Member

OP had me intrigued, but llama got the attention of the inner tight arse. Gonna give that app a shot.

4. OP
    OP
    Sharkx

Sharkx Member

Looks similar to Tasker, which can be rather complicated. Must have a look at Llama, of course the scope of NFC goes way past my suggestion.

5. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

I have one in my car that turns bluetooth on and starts music playing. Another on my bedside table that puts my phone on silent and sets my alarm for 7am.

They work relatively well. Although by default on the Galaxy Nexus (and I assume all other phones) you have to wake/unlock your phone before they will scan which kind of defeats the purpose a bit. There is a hack that works great on the Galaxy Nexus though that allows you to scan them when the phone is asleep (just be sure not to rest your phone on your wallet otherwise it goes mental :) )

6. Zzapped

Zzapped Member

Got myself a starter kit yesterday, now to start tweaking and setting up some tags :)

7. maev

maev Member

This is really damn cool! Great use of NFC; thought this was going to be about people meeting up and sharing stuff.

Might... just might have to get some tags myself.

8. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

I really like the sounds of this. Kinda like QR codes, but even less stuffing around. Bedside idea is great!

9. zoki_007

zoki_007 Member

great idea going to order some and get this goung!!!

10. Danske

Danske Member

What an awesome idea :).