1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got Gel ball guns?

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Kommandant33, Mar 23, 2017.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Media stunt. The blaster in question was modified. You cannot just put a gel ball into a nerf blaster and have it fire. There are two mechanisms preventing that which are required to prevent improvised projectiles being used. Brad essentially made a home made firearm and then took it to the police to register it.

You can't. The gel ball will not engage the Air Restrictor and the dart post prevents a seal. The AR and dart post were removed and the barrel was downsized or wadding was used.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Kommandant33 likes this.
  2. apsilon

apsilon Member

Yep and by doing so has opened himself to all kinds of potential issues. He'd need to meet safe storage obligations, participation requirements, could only be used at approved ranges for approved matches, have ammo secured etc.

3. alch

alch Member

Im still keen to buy any ones in WA... obviously discounted as fuck.

4. alch

alch Member

Lets just take a look at the bullshit slaps on the wrists lately.. unrelated to toys.

```A Perth man who escaped his hotel quarantine room by climbing down a makeshift bedsheet rope has been fine $4500 for the “breathtakingly arrogant” stunt.```

```From July 3, the blasters - which fire small gel balls - will be classed as prohibited weapons which cannot be owned by anyone.
    Anyone subsequently found in possession of a blaster will face a fine of up to $36,000 or three years’ jail.```

```Marcus Dibble, 27, today appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court where he was given an 18-month community-based order for possessing, producing and distributing child abuse material between 2019 and 2020.```

```A 49-year-old man who set off two explosives at his home after he believed people were occupying his roof space has been released from jail.
    Iain Ross Hudson was released from jail after spending 18 months in custody waiting for sentence
    He received a nine-month intensive supervision order and a $200 fine
    Two police officers received medical attention for minor injuries.```

5. xc351

xc351 Member

WA classes them as firearms now.

They said "upto" obviously Frank that still has one isn't going to get that

But someone selling them or using them to assist in another crime may well be at the other end of the scale.

So i don't really see what the issue is?

May be harsh treating them as weapons but they made it clear so that's all you can ask for.

6. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Just switch to nerf, it's more accurate anyway :p.

7. alch

alch Member

Not like I got a fuqn choice these days ;p but nah, Will save my monies for my chillies

8. xc351

xc351 Member

Play with real firearms, the money people spend on some of there gel blasters is crazy.

Get a marlin xt22 and have some fun.

Yes u need a license but still rather shoot 22lr over nerf/gel blasters/air soft.

9. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Surely the people you're shooting at would object :weirdo:

Seriously though they're not mutually exclusive and you're comparing a primarily solo target/hunting experience to a team sport which is odd to say the least.

10. alch

alch Member

take my toys, take your own life.

Ill martyr for the plastic toys which paul pulladick claimed were able to be converted to real firearms.

You know what mother of satan is.

Do not. Fuck with us.
    (Fight Club quote)

I never planned to live this long anyway. So.. im just winging it.

(that actually hurt to say.)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2021
  11. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Find another hill.

mibberz and alch like this.
  12. alch

alch Member

Was that a JFK joke? ;p

13. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I'm suggesting that if you're going to fight for something make it something worthwhile. Regulated airsoft for instance.

mibberz, alch and Kommandant33 like this.
  14. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

This is why we can't have nice things...

mibberz likes this.
  15. alch

alch Member

Im a nice person, up until when someone refuses to understand. You can have me.

16. scips

scips Member

Its ridic, you can MacGyver a "gun" out of loads of everyday items, kid I went to school with murdered his friend (heavy drugs) with a .22 pen gun.

Why cant they go for logical rules like forced colours of bits of the guns (must be orange tip, mag, action, trigger) else confiscated and destroyed + fine.
    Private property use only.

17. alch

alch Member

I know. Im not a kid ;)

18. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

They can and they do, look at gel ball in Tas for instance. It's the people who want replicas or milsim that are preventing us from getting regulated airsoft.

19. alch

alch Member

Its a extremely sad state this government is in. I should ban myself from the internet after a few vodkas. But thats what Agg is for :D

BurningFeetMan likes this.
  20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

A little rant about the idiotic laws in Aus.

OT but symptomatic of the arbitrary regulations relating to projectile sports.
    swift.jpg
    This is a new "nerf" blaster that fires half length darts. It functions in an identical manner to off the shelf nerf blasters and yet BF has been confiscating some of them because they claim they're airsoft rifles, gas powered, etc. It's loosely based on an obscure firearm but clearly looks like a toy.

replica.JPG
    This is a replica firearm regardless of colouring according to Vicpol.
    toy.JPG
    This is Vicpols example of a toy...

Fucking joke.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021